• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh Gaming Side. After being happy from that
Rosalina reveal
a thread about "this company is superior because new IPs!!!11!!" appear. This is the day and age where instead of refining gameplay you have people being easily satisfied with regurgitating the same game but with a different skin.

I think Valve wins because no one would be buying from Amazon if it didn't give a Steam code.

HAH! True.

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh wow, bought Race The Sun on GOG and when you register for a account on the developer's website, it actually gives you a Steam key!

Arthea

Nonsense! Buying from other stores won't show up in your 'recently bought games' or your 'activity' page :p

I'm OK with this, what I can't stand is nonexistent autoremoval them from whishlist. That's really mean, as if I would buy them second time on steam.

Cheddahz

Banned
How? Did GOG give you a code to register on the devs site?

GOG gives you a serial number that you have to use to register an account on the developer's website and once you complete the registration, they give you a Steam key for the game. This is an sweet deal right now, as the game is only $2.50 on GOG

Yep! It's a pretty cool game.
Fuck those red blocks though =p
Yeah, they do suck!

Darkroronoa

Groupees added the trailer for their new bundle "Holiday Helpings"

https://groupees.com/hh

What do you guys think?I know i will get Q.U.B.E but i dont know about the others.
Also i really like the charity on this one,feeding the poor.

Games are:
Q.U.B.E. (Steam+DRM-Free, PC/MAC),
Blood of the Werewolf (Steam+DRM-Free, PC),
Driftmoon (Steam+DRM-Free, PC),
Gateways (Steam+DRM-Free, PC/MAC/Linux),
Gentlemen! (Steam+DRM-Free, PC/MAC/Linux),
Avernum: Escape from the Pit (Steam+DRM-Free, PC/MAC),
Ethan: Meteor Hunter (DRM-Free+Steam key if Greenlit, PC),
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, Season 1 (DRM-Free+Steam key when released to Steam),
9.03m (Steam+DRM-Free, PC),
Draw a Stickman: EPIC (Steam+DRM-Free, PC).

Turfster

Groupees but the trailer for their new bundle "Holiday Helpings"

What do you guys think?I know i will get Q.U.B.E but i dont know about the others.

Wait, they updated the trailer to feature something besides the groupees people pledging to do stuff?

Oh wow, the Doctor Who adventure games.
The game selection is pretty good, to be honest.
(Except for Blood of the Werewolf, which is disappointing)

GOG is all about being free from "the man", not having your digital purchases assigned to any one service and making your own backups by burning your own DVDs, maaaan.

Also, smoking a bunch of weed, I believe.

Yeah, but they could give you the DRM free version on GOG and a Steam key for those that want it.

Games are:
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, Season 1 (DRM-Free+Steam key when released to Steam),

wow, amazing bundle!

random

Prime World: Defenders looks nice.

I bought the Nutcracker Bundle mainly to have something decent to give away here... or at least that's how I justified the purchase with myself :D

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-2FA338A5728EDFA2 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-5A3826D5545F44EF - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 7 entrants total.

t1387393698z1.png

Tizoc

hAS Tony mentioned when the Amazon deals'll begin? Hoping for a Transformers franchise bundle and for Darksiders 2 to go on sale.

May get Darkdness 2 during this sale after all the good things I've heard of it.

Games are:

In it for Doctor Who and prob. Etham MH. Thanks for the heads up.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

Games are:

Sounds good. I'm in for Gateways and DW for sure, and probably several others.

Colin.

Games are:

God dammit Groupees. I very recently bought Q.U.B.E as well, urghhh. At least it was cheap. Another good bundle though, Groupees has became one of my favourites this year.

Also, would it be worth the little extra from Amazon to get the extreme edition of Europa Universalis IV? Thinking of getting it for my brother, as he loves these type of games.

Dr Dogg

hey is Papers, Please fun?

I think I want to buy it on the steam sale.

Hahaha oh boy this could go off on a roller coaster again.

If you enjoy games with a puzzle like element you certainly can have a lot of fun. It starts of with a simple premise, only let citizens from Arstotzka through and deny everyone else. Each day more and more layers of bureaucracy are added (though you do get a little more time to check everything through). It's a fine balance of checking all the right details as accurately as possible but as quickly as possible. An analytical and methodical approach is best I find.

I'd suggest reading back a few pages to Stumps out line of the first couple of days as that gives you the gist of the gameplay.

How you react to the choices and dilemmas you face is entirely on you as the game gives you a lot of agency. Do you feel compassionate to let a couple reunite and sacrifice food and warmth for you family? Do you detain a jolly guy from trying to smuggle things in? It might only be sprite based and text but it's quite possible to play in your mind in ways few games do. Well that sounded more pretentious than I thought.

FloatOn

Totally joking about Papers, Please. I just wanted to relive the meltdown for a moment.

Thanks for the info though.

I think I'm going to grab Cook, Serve, Delicious to scratch that "I must do a bunch of mundane real life tasks really quick to succeed at a video game" itch because it seems far more upbeat. Which isn't to say I'm ruling out Papers, Please because we all know what a gaf mortal sin that is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom