• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I missed the boat on everything post-Metal Gear Solid 1 on psx.

I think I tried MGS2 but it weirded me out way back when. Also, I've yet to play a platinum game. Someone sell me on this Revengence thing.

Its an action game with basically no ties to any previous games.
Making it a great jumping on point. Also as a first platinum game experience it basically sums up everything about why they are so loved on NeoGaf.

FloatOn

Don't think Metal Gear, think Bayonetta. It's short, 5 or so hours but considering how little time Platinum had to resurrect the project, which was in development hell at KojiPro it's considerably polished. It's not their deepest game but once you get the hang on the counter system and the few combos combined with Blade Mode you can have a lot of fun. Plus has some epic boss battle with one of the craziest final encounters in years.

Sold?

almost. like I said I've yet to dive into the platinum side of the pool so the Bayonetta context is a bit lost on me. In fact, I've barely played any games in the entire "character action" genre, I kind of wanted to get my feet wet with the latest DmC but maybe Revengence is a better starting point since it's kind of it's own thing.

AkuMifune

Banned
Everytime Konami gets brought up, it just reminds me how much I really wish Konami would bring its whole Silent Hill and Metal Gear catalog to Steam.

After what happened with the Silent Hill HD collection I'm not sure Konami has any interest in Silent Hill anymore.

Because they suck.

Jawmuncher

Everytime Konami gets brought up, it just reminds me how much I really wish Konami would bring its whole Silent Hill and Metal Gear catalog to Steam.

Konami and Capcom are both sitting on easy money.

Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Dino Crisis released during October would get a killing in sales. Especially since there's nothing like those games on steam which is now a bit flooded with FPS horror.

As for MGS throw that sucker on steam close to the console release of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain and it'll sell. GTA4 with no advertising sky rocketed with no sale when the GTAV release was imminent.

Miker

Where's the source for the Revengeance info? I'm gonna look on CAG myself in the meantime, and I'll post if I can find something (but hopefully someone will beat me to the punch!).

I missed the boat on everything post-Metal Gear Solid 1 on psx.

I think I tried MGS2 but it weirded me out way back when. Also, I've yet to play a platinum game. Someone sell me on this Revengence thing.
Okay, for starters it's not contingent on enjoying MGS, in fact not caring about the series makes it even better if anything. Once it comes out I'll probably go in hard on selling it with gifs, but it's ridiculous, it's action packed, and you can cut things however you want. Also has some fantastic boss fights.

Jawmuncher

almost. like I said I've yet to dive into the platinum side of the pool so the Bayonetta context is a bit lost on me. In fact, I've barely played any games in the entire "character action" genre, I kind of wanted to get my feet wet with the latest DmC but maybe Revengence is a better starting point since it's kind of it's own thing.

DmC is a easier game to get into. Also with it being a reboot there's no connection to 1-4.
Personally if you've NEVER played a character action game DmC is the better game to walk into. Just because it's easier even on normal. However when you get the hand of Rising's parrying mechanic it's not such a problem. Still because of that it has a bit more of a curve even on normal compared to DmC.

feel

Holy shit, that's an unexpectedly amazing price for day one Revengeance. I was expecting every store front to ask $60 for it at launch.

Jawmuncher

Okay, for starters it's not contingent on enjoying MGS, in fact not caring about the series makes it even better if anything. Once it comes out I'll probably go in hard on selling it with gifs, but it's ridiculous, it's action packed, and you can cut things however you want. Also has some fantastic boss fights.

Definitley agree that the game is far more enjoyable with the less ties you have with MGS as a whole. I still enjoyed it but as a huge MGS fan story wise it was pretty lacking. Which has always been my biggest reason to play them.

MRORANGE

21 HOURS LEFT.
NO VOTES SENT AFTER DEADLINE WILL BE COUNTED.
Stop voting for GTAV/TLOU/Bad Rats.

<-- Click for info on how to vote.

t1387476000z0.png

150+ votes!

People who have been added to the poll so far (send a pm if you can't see your name.):

RealityExists, JaseC, PriitV, valouris, More_Badass, Baron von Loathsome, zkylon, BennyBlanco, Cheddahz, PetriP-TNT, xenoflux2113, OldAsUrSock, Nzyme32, didamangi, Zia, Tenrius, ArjanN, chronomac, jshackles, Iron Badger, Intheflorsh, SinineSiil, vermadas, Dice, Xavin, Karu, Mengy, Dambrosi, Camel Master, Baron_Calamity, Backlogger, Storm360, Wok, DukeBobby, PandaPedinte, Roboleon, Slyjss, cicero, Nabs, Cth, theMrCravens, mannerbot, NaM, Atraveller, arts&crafts, MMBosstones86, toddhunter, RionaaM, Whools, Rayge, destx, DXLelouch153, sofiabudapest, Robert J. Sullivan, ctw0e, wetflame, Phinor, Jawmuncher, Dolor, kafiend, kurahador, DeadlyVirus, Locust, Chairmanchuck, Tesseract, PhaZZe, Ezra2680, KenOD, MulderWasTaken, Lain, hitoshi, adaen, Blizzard, Boss Doggie, Khronico, Jørdan, Faabulous, Ryne, Widdly Scuds, Glass Rebel, grindamasta, Tellaerin, blackMamba1187, 28 Posts Later, Angel Abaddon, sprinkles, Accent, nexen, denx, Santiako, not psycho, Milamber, GuardsmanGreg, The_Monk, phantomspiker, Eanan, corrosivefrost, thrillho, fantomena, Fare Godmace, sapsari, derExperte, Blue Ninja, Vecks, MarcoZombieCannon, legacyzero, Durante, Dimitri2401, vazduh, Jame Retief, Smash88, SpongeBob NoPants, Mister_Bubbles, Caerith, spinalscratch, Tomodachi, Rhete, Think Different, Alessandro, NingenJanai, Rand6, bobnowhere, dxhc99, Fox318, AkuMifune, random, Lostconfused, HalfwayOrb, Interfectum, I H8 Memes, Iseeyou, Hawkie, intheinbetween, ZeroCoin, Dusk Golem, Shorty11857, Lingitiz, Omi, eyeless, Firehead, HP_Wuvcraft, EmergentFocus, Big_Al, Letters, oipic, dani_dc, Dr Dogg, dave is ok, snoopeasystreet, Grief.exe, Casimir,

Dr Dogg

Pretty much what Jawmuncher said. DmC would be a better starting point. Don't worry about what has been said, I feel it's Ninja Theory's best game and as you don't have too much if anything invested in the previous games would be a great introduction to the genre. Rising is pretty much all about the gameplay and the encounters, you could go back and replay it multiple times and still find new ways to enjoy yourself.

FloatOn

Pretty much what Jawmuncher said. DmC would be a better starting point. Don't worry about what has been said, I feel it's Ninja Theory's best game and as you don't have too much if anything invested in the previous games would be a great introduction to the genre. Rising is pretty much all about the gameplay and the encounters, you could go back and replay it multiple times and still find new ways to enjoy yourself.

word. I'm hoping amazon will at least match what they did for their autumn sale for DmC. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting it at 12.50

Then again, I still need to play Lords of Shadow which I do actually have sitting installed on my steam account. Too many games too little time.

3DS is based on flash media, so I haven't seen too many loading screens in those games. I could be forgetting some though, I will say that there is no way they are as egregious as PS3 load times.

Ah well I was thinking of the 3DS o/s e.g. StreetPass :/.

[un]fortunately I don't have a PS3 [yet] so I'll take your word for that :).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Oops, sorry. If it makes up for it, he is probably reading this under his new GAF account quietly laughing to himself. I sometimes see a new GAFer throwing their weight around saying "hey everyone! pay attention to me!!!" and wonder if it's him. That could just be paranoia though :/.

No worries! But, such behavior is most likely other teenagers acting their age.

He was incredibly selfish and thought of noone but himself, everyone got fed up with him eventually. It was funny seeing his name constantly crop up on Modbot though :p

In fact I'm pretty certain everyone started doing raffles etc mostly after that to avoid those kind of situations.

Yeah, I remember that raffles were adopted pretty quickly after that episode.

Jawmuncher

Hmm, voted from my iPad, but, wasn't showing in my sent PMs. Resubmitted.

It was very apparent I spend most of my time playing games released before 2013.

Honestly because of sales I think that's the case for most of us here.
Every game I wanted to add was a year or more older. Hell I cheated with some of my selection since the pc rerelease was this year.

xJavonta

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on a lot of peoples ignore lists lol. There are occasions where I'm completely nice to everyone but more often than not I'm a cynical defensive asshole towards a lot of people.

Idk how I haven't been banned yet. Maybe I'm not as bad as I thought lol

Anyway, what are the chances that we'll see Starbound hit $10 or less during the sale? I want it and a few buddies of mine do, but around this time of year I'm so broke from buying everyone's gifts. Not to mention my recent car troubles :p

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on a lot of peoples ignore lists lol. There are occasions where I'm completely nice to everyone but more often than not I'm a cynical defensive asshole towards a lot of people.

Anyway, what are the chances that we'll see Starbound hit $10 or less during the sale? I want it and a few buddies of mine do, but around this time of year I'm so broke from buying everyone's gifts. Not to mention my recent car troubles :p

4-pack at release came out to about $11.75 a person for the one I hosted. Close.

Jawmuncher

Might be 10 if they do some sort of 4 pack that you and your buddies can split.
Aside form that not much of a chance. With it still being new and early acess.
From my experience being an asshole isn't a bannable offense on neogaf

At least Prototype 2 is great.

I somewhat prefer the original, despite certain improvements in the sequel.

Particularly the final boss fight is easier in the first game.

also, turns out there is a rather swift way to deal with vagina monster too, although I have already forgotten which move exactly. I think the 'spikes from ground' thing

xJavonta

Banned
4-pack at release came out to about $11.75 a person for the one I hosted. Close.

Might be 10 if they do some sort of 4 pack that you and your buddies can split.
Aside form that not much of a chance. With it still being new and early acess.
From my experience being an asshole isn't a bannable offense on neogaf
Might as well get a 4 pack then. Didn't know the price but if it's close to $10 each it's close enough lol. Thanks

REMINDER: 10 minutes left

ATTENTION: This is a GoG.com gift key. You can redeem it on this page: https://secure.gog.com/redeem

Registering the serial key which GoG then gives you on the developer's website WILL give you a Steam key :)

I'm going to be pretty busy for the rest of the week, and am then taking a 4-week trip to Australia so this is me pretty much signing off from Steam/Sale threads for a while. Sorry I won't get to enjoy the Winter sale with you fine folks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Race The Sun -- MB-F1BA71E180AD5BB5 - Taken by drizzle. 50 entrants total.

t1387399818z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom