• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Wondering if I should jump on Shadow Warrior, or wait for the Steam Sale. 75% off seems killer, but still!

9.99 is the same price it'll be on steam.
Since last I recall any game that was featured during the thanksgiving sale will be the same price come the winter sale.

Arthea

I shouldn't have bought Magic 2014, my steam life is ruined. It's too addictive. :(

I'm still not convinced about Gone Home, I'll get it eventually, but I'm not convinced, and comparing it with Dear Esther doesn't help. I liked Dear Esther mostly because it doesn't looked or felt like any other game, solitude and contemplativeness helped too. While looking at Gone Home screens I see no sign of atmosphere whatsoever, it looks idk, boring? Am I wrong?

Divius

I'm going to be pretty busy for the rest of the week, and am then taking a 4-week trip to Australia so this is me pretty much signing off from Steam/Sale threads for a while. Sorry I won't get to enjoy the Winter sale with you fine folks!
Have fun! Make sure to take pictures of all the deadly creatures!

Jawmuncher

Metal Gear 4's plot was ruined by metal gear solid 4, so I wouldn't worry.

Agreed

Sort of? It takes place after 4 and there are some light references to the events leading up to Revengeance, but it really doesn't matter.

Yeah I consider it a nonissue considering how light they are in MGR.
I don't think anyone who plays MGR before 4 will ever leave the experience saying it ruined it story wise.

Does anyone in this thread, besides Stump, actually look at and vote on Greenlight? There was a thread about it a while back, has me delving through it again.

Does anyone in this thread, besides Stump, actually look at and vote on Greenlight? There was a thread about it a while back, has me delving through it again.

I've only got a couple of hundred votes. At one stage I tried to make a big effort but there is just too much now.

I'll now only vote when directed from a bundle or Gaf user etc.

Arthea

I browse occasionally but I do very little voting, only vote for games I really want. I think most people here follow greenlight.

Jawmuncher

This. I felt like I lost some brain cells while playing MGS4. I don't mind some anime stuff but that game was beyond stupid.

I still want to check MGR at least for the gameplay.

Story wise it's fine just simple.
Which for most is a plus. For me I just missed a lot of the talk about actions, decisions, and the like. Which usually are a staple in MGS. Really only one part of the game that happens where its meaningful but it's far to short for my tastes.

Crazy, I thought since it's so buried in the client now that most would ignore Greenlight. I know I was. There's nothing that draws your attention to the service anymore, at least when it launched there was a banner on the storefront that led you to the voting page. You would think with all of the meta-game stuff they've added to the client--cards, badges, profile exp--that they would use those things to draw people to it.

Dr Dogg

Sometimes but I do it in waves. I usually look at what people on my friends list have voted for or added as a favourite and then go from there. Occasionally I see some pop up on one of my Twitter lists that catches my eye.

I'm not up to Stump's level, but I do some voting every now and then.

j32OdNsAcw4Kf.png

Without fail every session will have some crappy looking horror game ready to take my "No thanks". Just stumbled upon this one.

Oh boy.

Iseeyou

Banned

I don't vote at all, I don't agree in what direction steam is going in: the less cookie cutter indie games, early access stuff gets in the better, I don't want to support any of the green-light games but its too much of a hassle to dig through the mountain of crap to vote no.

Derrick01

Banned

Not really. I only go and vote when something really good is on there that shouldn't be relegated to greenlight, like Euro Truck sim 2 and Dead State.

maty

Story wise it's fine just simple.
Which for most is a plus. For me I just missed a lot of the talk about actions, decisions, and the like. Which usually are a staple in MGS. Really only one part of the game that happens where its meaningful but it's far to short for my tastes.

Hopefully the simple story helps my enjoyment of the game.

I'm ok with the themes treated in MGS games which could make a great story but when you have Mount Rushmore on a Submarine and bananamachines to explain everything, then you lost me.

dreamfall

9.99 is the same price it'll be on steam.
Since last I recall any game that was featured during the thanksgiving sale will be the same price come the winter sale.

Thanks for the heads up! Maybe my indecision will prove futile come Winter sale!

Pains me to say it but I'm going to continue waiting until I complete Gunslinger and Last Light.

Have too many shooters on my plate as it is.

Dammit- you're probably right.

I do need to finish Gunslinger also, there's just something wonderful about slashing things!

Now, now. This is nothing new. Just a few weeks ago EA launched their early access game on Origin. "Battlefield 4" I believe it is called. It sold boatloads and I'm sure will be a great title when it leaves early access.

Well done.

ffs I didn't know gone home is scary. Played the answer phone message. Fuck that. Turned it straight off.

There's only really one spook in the game, and you can pretty easily miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom