• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Way ahead of you. I've been collecting cheap games I find on Craigslist for a while now.

I haven't seen a loading screen in almost 4 years now that lasts more than a second. Its quite jarring.

Depending on if you like RPGs/Beat em ups get the Yakuza games on PS3, at least 3 and 4 anyway.

HoosTrax

I haven't seen a loading screen in almost 4 years now that lasts more than a second. Its quite jarring.
It's quite annoying. Specifically games where they put incredibly useful gameplay tips on those loading screens, or interesting tidbits of lore.
Edit: oh, and you're welcome to those people thanking me either by pm or in thread :) -- I'm getting a lot of automated spam from ModBot at the moment because I forgot to disable receipts so I can't be bother to reply individually.

Dr Dogg

Worst thing about the PS3 "experience" for me coming from pc is the mandatory install times and how flipping long patching takes. The pick up and play nature of consoles went out the window last gen.

Then again I've got the worlds shittiest internet so even Steam has the potential to grind my gears once in a while.

derExperte

New Pinball FX2 table, Doctor Strange.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265200/

Whenever someone talks about conveniece and how one only has to insert a disc to start playing on a console I have to laugh. More like insert a disc, make a sandwich, got to the toilet, feed your hamster and start playing. If you're lucky and don't have to press a button inbetween. Thankfully the PS4 is faster. But the X1....

dream

Yep, you register the serial number GOG gives you on the developers site to get a Steam key, so you'll basically end up getting two copies of the game

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I just bought the game from GOG, but can't figure out how to actually register my serial number on flippfly.com. I see that I'm supposed to create an account on their site, but I can't, for the life of me, find a link to actually do that.

Help?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Do you mean javadots? He was banned for sending an abusive PM to The_Monk, of all people [I presume that was the reason]. No, his hoovering up of free games pales into significance compared to the individual I have on my ignore list. Not that that is the reason I have them on ignore anyway.

I was being intentionally vague because I didn't want to continue his excoriation, but yes that was the GAF member I was referring to. The entire episode up to his ban was pretty amusing.

Don't play your 3DS or PS3 then! :p

I was being intentionally vague because I didn't want to continue his excoriation, but yes that was the GAF member I was referring to. The entire episode up to his ban was pretty amusing.

Oops, sorry. If it makes up for it, he is probably reading this under his new GAF account quietly laughing to himself. I sometimes see a new GAFer throwing their weight around saying "hey everyone! pay attention to me!!!" and wonder if it's him. That could just be paranoia though :/.

Bought Gone Home, maybe playing it tomorrow. Can't wait for the Steam Sale, I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN MIND I'D WANT. Except FF8 for -75%. And ummm that's about it. Silent Hill Homecoming for a dollar.

Getting Manhunt1&2 from the Amazon thing and maybe Aliens if it truly is like 2 bucks

Played through TWD S02E01 and I liked it. Weird thing was that first I was playing it with controller but the QTE's were too hard then at one point my mouse stopped working so I had to switch back to controller. After it was over I was like "huh, that it's?" but after reading the GAF thread after that I was all "yeah, it did have all kinds of cool things even if it was short"

C4rter

shadow warrior worth $10?

Definitely worth 10$. It's a pretty great Old School type shooter with some new components mixed in (buying upgrades for weapons and new moves with skill points).
The new patch from today even brings in a survival/arena mode.

FloatOn

I missed the boat on everything post-Metal Gear Solid 1 on psx.

I think I tried MGS2 but it weirded me out way back when. Also, I've yet to play a platinum game. Someone sell me on this Revengence thing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

He was incredibly selfish and thought of noone but himself, everyone got fed up with him eventually. It was funny seeing his name constantly crop up on Modbot though :p

In fact I'm pretty certain everyone started doing raffles etc mostly after that to avoid those kind of situations.

Enco

Just got Race The Sun.

No idea why. I'll play it for 10 minutes max. Hopefully I'm wrong. Can't say no to a possible pricing error, GOG version and Steam version.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Everytime Konami gets brought up, it just reminds me how much I really wish Konami would bring its whole Silent Hill and Metal Gear catalog to Steam.

Dr Dogg

I missed the boat on everything post-Metal Gear Solid 1 on psx.

I think I tried MGS2 but it weirded me out way back when. Also, I've yet to play a platinum game. Someone sell me on this Revengence thing.

Don't think Metal Gear, think Bayonetta. It's short, 5 or so hours but considering how little time Platinum had to resurrect the project, which was in development hell at KojiPro it's considerably polished. It's not their deepest game but once you get the hang on the counter system and the few combos combined with Blade Mode you can have a lot of fun. Plus has some epic boss battle with one of the craziest final encounters in years.

Sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom