• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Want to throw a compliment to the developers behind Dementium II HD. They have been VERY responsive to people's issues on the game on the Steam Forums and Twitter, and have really quickly already just released the first patch already addressing main issues people were reporting in the game, with more patches 'quickly on the way'. They even reached out to me who passively mentioned I was streaming the game on Twitch and tweeted me saying they'd watched part of me playing and would love to hear any feedback on the title for future patches.

I always like supporting developers who really take the time to talk to fans and address issues people are having, so thought I should mention what they've been doing here in case anyone is on the fence about the game, the developers have been really great about their community and criticism (and fixing issues people have) thus far.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
REMINDER: 10 minutes left

ATTENTION: This is a GoG.com gift key. You can redeem it on this page: https://secure.gog.com/redeem

Registering the serial key which GoG then gives you on the developer's website WILL give you a Steam key :)

I'm going to be pretty busy for the rest of the week, and am then taking a 4-week trip to Australia so this is me pretty much signing off from Steam/Sale threads for a while. Sorry I won't get to enjoy the Winter sale with you fine folks!

Holy hell, this game is amazing. I was looking it up on GOG and I was almost ready to buy it, but then noticed the ModBod giveway and entered it, with very little hope that I would win. I guess I was wrong!

Thanks, and everybody on the fence should really buy it. 2.50 for it is a steal and it's a great game at the original supposed 4.99 price.

Once again, thanks!

Cheddahz

Banned
Holy hell, this game is amazing. I was looking it up on GOG and I was almost ready to buy it, but then noticed the ModBod giveway and entered it, with very little hope that I would win. I guess I was wrong!

Thanks, and everybody on the fence should really buy it. 2.50 for it is a steal and it's a great game at the original supposed 4.99 price.

Once again, thanks!

Yeah, I bought the game from GOG today and I think it's a blast! I actually started a thread for it, so yeah!

client beta update:

We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

add global setting to allow downloads during gameplay, and change the per-app settings to be global/allow/deny.
fix game updates not beginning automatically when you launch Steam
Don't show shortcuts in Family Options setup in Big Picture mode
Fix filter not being maintained when switching to library in Family View
Fix redirection for blocked URLs in client browser when in Family View
Clarify behavior of "All the games in my library" in Family Options. That option has been renamed to "All Games" and when selected, access to the library is unrestricted in Family View. Library restriction UI elements such as the Family Games filter are not available when this option has been selected.

Grief.exe

No medic, no buy. It's also $2.49. Same price as it was on Steam/Humble.

I didn't realize it was that cheap on Steam already.

Check the daily specials near the bottom of the page, they actually show all the choices now so you can inspect.

I'm waiting for Giants or Freespace 2 to go on sale.

KEoUsxy.png

Nabs

I didn't realize it was that cheap on Steam already.

Check the daily specials near the bottom of the page, they actually show all the choices now so you can inspect.

I'm waiting for Giants or Freespace 2 to go on sale.

KEoUsxy.png

I think everyone gets something different. I got Escape Goat for $1.49.

---

Tony says Amazon will have Tomb Raider for $5. The game isn't even a year old. PC Gaming.

MNC

ONLY A FEW TIME LIFT FOR THE THING

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93927037&postcount=15480

ModBot said:
sexy penis:
Put your left arm in, your right arm out, do a dance little sprout, I don't even know the lines.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-449D7372AD0ED20F
Humble Bundle 3 -- MB-93254BDD598E093D
Dead Space -- MB-4A026647D211A22E
Medal of Honor -- MB-373419F86933F200 - Taken by gurm3n
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed -- MB-E3E262A821B5094A
EDGE, Anomaly, Osmos -- MB-554C5464A0E33EEE

t1387410700z1.png

yez, it is short, but I paid 3E for that and that's ok.

people expectations in terms of content/price is completely weird nowadays.

I don't mind the game being short (I actually prefer it that way). My concern is the game not being finished. From what I've read I'm under the impression that the game is unfinished and they just released what they were able to. Is that true?

Nabs

Awesome, that was the price that I was looking for. Did he say when? Amazon seemed to be running sales in waves between next week, Christmas, and New Year.

I don't think so. He'll probably give us dates soon.

Speaking of Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HERCRAI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This new PC version includes all three DLC missions: Blade Wolf, Jetstream, and VR Missions, in addition to all customized body upgrades for Raiden, including: White Armor, Inferno Armor, Commando Armor, Raiden's MGS4 body, and the ever-popular Cyborg Ninja.

"CUTSCENES" added to the Main Menu. Play any and all cutscenes.

"CODECS" added to the Main Menu. Play all and any codec conversation scenes.

Added to the CHAPTER Menu the Boss Stage, enabling to play only the Boss battles.

"GRAPHIC OPTIONS" added to the OPTIONS Menu. Modify resolution, anti-aliasing, etc.
There is an option reading "ZANGEKI" that will modify the amount of cuts you can make.

and:

Don't worry, I won't kill you. But I am super disappointed in Amazon-san. They have sullied my honor.

Also, I would advise not purchasing from the Amazon link and instead waiting for tomorrow on Steam proper. You will save a pretty penny.

epmode

So is anyone's Steam client no longer auto-downloading any game updates? I'm in the beta client if that matters.

I currently have 8 games listed in the Downloads section, all of which say Update Required and Auto-Updates are enabled for each. I can manually start to download the updates by clicking the up arrow thing but I'd like to know why it doesn't happen on its own anymore.

Tizoc

Question for Modbot free-for-all giveaways: If I enter for two games, and win one, will this lower my chances (or negate my chance entirely) of winning the second?

I'm not trying to score multiple games to be honest, I'd just really like Sonic All Star Racing from the above giveaway and don't want to also enter for Toki Tori and ruin my chance of getting Sonic.

barugon giving away a Natural Selection 2 key

I have wanted to try this game since it was released, thank you so much. I've left CS, CS:GO, TF2, and Day of Defeat since L4D2 launched, and I'm hoping this game's atmosphere and cooperation separate it from the average rotating frag fest.

Thank you for making a great holiday!

Turfster

Ha! I've been quietly sitting on that one for the last few levels, hoping it will go away.

Yeah I'm probably going to be stuck with that until the end.
The problem is that barrel rolls in Race the sun involve leaning over and turning in a direction first, which can really mess up outside the no-mans-land between regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom