• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Cheddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahz!
(I'm glad for you, all I got were normal drops)
The game is really fun and addictive tho.
Definitely worth the 2.5$ I paid for it.

Yeah, it totally is worth the money and I'm having a blast with it (already have an hour into it, which is a surprise from me nowadays). I'm surprised the game went cheap really fast though

fantomena

Browsing through the Amazon deal list on CAG. Holy fuck at all those games. Tony or someone else should just made a seperate list for games which reedems on Steam. :p

Can I make a PSA thread for Gone Home?

Nabs

I want to get that but people keep telling me the PC port is atrocious and it's scaring me away.

Some people with AMD cards get hit with this really strange memory leak. The game will run fine, but then completely go to shit after a few minutes. You can fix it by using RadeonPro and doing a few things to lock the game to 30fps. I was able to play the game nearly bug free after that.

I'm not sure if team green has anything as serious as that.

It's too bad Activision never fixed it. The game is really good, and muuuuch better than the first.

Turfster

I want to get that but people keep telling me the PC port is atrocious and it's scaring me away.

2 is pretty solid.
Stay away from 1 though, it was such a shit port they wiped their whole forum after it was literally filled with complaint after complaint about the thing not working/only working without sound.

and made it easy to try and make me into some dumbass simpleton.

You know what, I'm done interacting with you. That's totally not what I was doing and I find your assumptions about me offensive.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that what I've played of Prototype on PC has been relatively smooth. Only problem I encountered was the game demands frame limiting/v-sync of some sort otherwise the countdown timer for events goes from 3 seconds to something like a minute.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
To what game could it be compared? Dear Esther for example? Is it something like that?

Gone Home has a little more going for it with interactive objects and written notes to dig up while you're sifting through your family's left behind things. On the whole I think it will appeal to a wider audience than Dear Esther because the subject matter is closer to, well, home.

But if you found yourself displeased with Dear Esther I don't know if Gone Home will do any better for you.

HoosTrax

Need to clean house now that I'm back.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-37918AF35F91AB8B - Taken by AScotAbroad
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-12EF8FA720AF5554 - Taken by yuraya
Gemini Rue -- MB-FB56711A765F3E75 - Taken by C00kie M0nster
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-5A60324DEB6ED683 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Little Inferno -- MB-F49FDF8D2AE7DED0 - Taken by VikasNarula
Magicka and 2 DLC -- MB-9898B55A1CBB223A - Taken by pettson3816
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-5A5E3C3E4DBBD4C1 - Taken by vvise
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-F24AE57B434B82A3 - Taken by Faabulous
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-F99518A898528A32 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-EF663A9E47ADB6D3 - Taken by WeaselJCD
Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-91218995C12E7D1C - Taken by Grief.exe

Typographical errors still put me in the league of Charles Dickens, so I'll accept my place.

Besides, I'm very rarely the person that brings up grammatical errors. I only ever weigh-in when someone starts acting like they own the place.

A fine place it is too :).

I was just surprised! I do it too you know :). I usually catch such errors before posting though as I almost always check my posts before hitting submit. I blame the internets; I think of my occasional grammatical faux pas as a result of osmosis.

Ouch! That hurt man :'(. In my defence I was only trying to be helpful before but wasn't too well that day and my wording goes awry when that's the case so I phrased it badly.

*goes to the corner and cries*

I have a couple people on ignore but it's much more annoying because you can see they posted, just not what they posted

I don't like how it works at all

i no rite

I used to use the ignore facility copiously just to keep me as relatively sane as I am. Given my medical circumstances it was a valid coping mechanism so leave me alone! :(

Now that I only have one person on ignore it's fine because I know that there's a 99.99999999999999999% [approximately] likelihood that their post is only going to be saying "thanks for the game".

I hope the Groupees holiday bundle is one of the ones that lets you pick and choose games. I have most of those already, but would pick up Gateways and maybe 9.03m.

This is an interesting thing that I'd never heard of before, and I appreciate you going to the trouble of pointing it out..but it seems pretty expensive and still involves sticking foreign objects onto my eyeballs. I could probably force myself to get used to that, but right now even getting dilation drops during an eye exam is suuuuper stressful. (I'm also one of the approximately ten people on this Earth who thinks they look better with glasses than without, so...)

You're welcome lovely fellow GAFer :). I wondered if that might be your issue hence the use of the question mark but decided to post it anyway as someone else might find it interesting/useful even if that's not an option for you. I intend to treat myself to some of those when I'm not so financially challenged! Oh and some people do look better with specs so lucky you if you're one of them! I don't :( but can't afford contacts..or new glasses...or etc.

Well after learning about the save feature and Easy mode(and having a bit of practice as to what to look for), I've made some good progress in Papers, Please. Enjoying it quite a bit.

Thanks to those who spent their efforts helping me out instead of trying to imply I'm sort of uneducated simpleton! I forgive you guys, though. I can get a bit overly frustrated at times. I've quit Dark Souls like 10x in the past, bitching about it. I usually just need to vent a bit and then get back to it. :)

Aww, a happy ending to a not terribly pleasant adventure! :D Glad you're enjoying it now; thanks for posting :).

EDIT - nope :(.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
prototype's port is an abortion, the sequel is pretty solid.

The port of Prototype 2 made the original Prototype port appear competent.

A fine place it is too :).
i no rite

I used to use the ignore facility copiously just to keep me as relatively sane as I am. Given my medical circumstances it was a valid coping mechanism so leave me alone! :(

Now that I only have one person on ignore it's fine because I know that there's a 99.99999999999999999% [approximately] likelihood that their post is only going to be saying "thanks for the game".

Is it that one GAFFER that exploited the Modbot Giveaways during Modbot's inception period?

Derrick01

Banned
prototype's port is an abortion, the sequel is pretty solid.

Some people with AMD cards get hit with this really strange memory leak. The game will run fine, but then completely go to shit after a few minutes. You can fix it by using RadeonPro and doing a few things to lock the game to 30fps. I was able to play the game nearly bug free after that.

I'm not sure if team green has anything as serious as that.

It's too bad Activision never fixed it. The game is really good, and muuuuch better than the first.

2 is pretty solid.
Stay away from 1 though, it was such a shit port they wiped their whole forum after it was literally filled with complaint after complaint about the thing not working/only working without sound.

I can't keep any of this straight lol. So it's the 1st game that has the awful port, ok hopefully I'll remember that. I don't have AMD because it seems like they commonly get issues with games like Prototype 2, so hopefully I'll be set.

fantomena

Hopefully Deadly Premonition will get a daily, flashy or comcy during the christmas sale. It was 50% off regular during the autumn sale, so hopefully it will get 66% or even more.

Interfectum

Does Prototype 2 control as well as Saints Row 4 in terms of navigating around the city? I love running up the walls in SR4 and flying around.

Seanspeed

Banned
You know what, I'm done interacting with you. That's totally not what I was doing and I find your assumptions about me offensive.

Uh. I 'finished' it in one go (as in: did one of the possible storylines), cold.
It's a simple matter of choice and paying attention to the fucking rules as they are explained to you every day

That wasn't you, then? :/

Man, I'm not trying to relive that shit. I don't know why you couldn't just let it go. I'm trying to tell you you have me pegged wrong. Its that simple. You're not helping me out there just like you weren't helping me out last night. I'm not gonna hold a grudge against it but I'm also not a fan of being treated like an idiot.

Like I said, I'm enjoying Papers, Please at the moment. I'm having FUN with it, believe it or not. And I think Gone Home looks interesting as well. I know what sort of game its supposed to be.

Nabs

Does Prototype 2 control as well as Saints Row 4 in terms of navigating around the city? I love running up the walls in SR4 and flying around.

P2 feels much better to me, but they are very similar. You'll probably enjoy P2, especially once you're fully upgraded.

The port of Prototype 2 made the original Prototype port appear competent.

Is it that one GAFFER that exploited the Modbot Giveaways during Modbot's inception period?

Do you mean javadots? He was banned for sending an abusive PM to The_Monk, of all people [I presume that was the reason]. No, his hoovering up of free games pales into significance compared to the individual I have on my ignore list. Not that that is the reason I have them on ignore anyway.

Grief.exe

I guess its time to play more The Last of Us until the authentication servers for DayZ come back up. Other than this hiccup, the launch has, actually, been quite smooth.

Grief.exe

How you liking the ps3?

MFW loading times

iQy0CX1aqq8KL.gif

Last of Us has been a great experience so far, can't wait to dive into more of the best exclusives the console has to offer.

dani_dc

Oy! Where are you people getting Race the Sun for $2.50?

GOG.com

I *think* you can register the game on the developers site to get a Steam key, though I'd wait for someone to confirm it.

Also it's probably a pricing mistake since GOG press release says:
"Race the Sun, a thrilling, yet strangely relaxing, high speed chase through beautiful otherworldly abstract landscapes, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $4.99 for the first week."

Uh. I 'finished' it in one go (as in: did one of the possible storylines), cold.
It's a simple matter of choice and paying attention to the fucking rules as they are explained to you every day

That wasn't you, then? :/

Man, I'm not trying to relive that shit. I don't know why you couldn't just let it go. I'm trying to tell you you have me pegged wrong. Its that simple. You're not helping me out there just like you weren't helping me out last night. I'm not gonna hold a grudge against it but I'm also not a fan of being treated like an idiot.

Like I said, I'm enjoying Papers, Please at the moment. I'm having FUN with it, believe it or not. And I think Gone Home looks interesting as well. I know what sort of game its supposed to be.

Glad you are enjoying it now.....

...Now can you guys take this pissing match to the PMs? I think we've beaten this horse dead enough

bengraven

Should I still have hopes for Activision to do some 75% off 's in the Winter sale, or give up.

I refuse to buy a CoD on Steam until they do. I've been in these threads begging for a $5 CoD2 for me to double dip on for years now. I'd buy MW1 and CoD1 as well if they did it for $5, otherwise I'm out.

Cheddahz

Banned
GOG.com

I *think* you can register the game on the developers site to get a Steam key, though I'd wait for someone to confirm it."

Yep, you register the serial number GOG gives you on the developers site to get a Steam key, so you'll basically end up getting two copies of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom