• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Hopefully this doesn't get buried

fxs89xl.png

That's interesting... I wonder if they have any Steam specific bonuses...

Dr Dogg

Dammnnn at those minimum spec for MGR:R.

System Requirements: said:
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Hope it's up to snuff but with the sounds of all the extras that have been put in there a bit of work that has been done. Boss Rush goodness awaits
Monsoon battle over and over again is just too much fun to take.

Kanokare

Metal Gear Rising is supposed to be 20 dollars (33 percent off) tomorrow on Amazon. Not sure if Steam actually is having a sale as well.

Looks like we're going to have Metal Gear Solid Rising for Pre-order tomorrow at 33% off ($19.99), there's still some final emails floating back and forth but I feel confident enough that it's going to happen to update you here.

BTW by Metal Gear Rising I mean Metal Gear Revengence:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HERCRAI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheers,

Tony

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dammnnn at those minimum spec for MGR:R.

Hope it's up to snuff but with the sounds of all the extras that have been put in there a bit of work that has been done. Boss Rush goodness awaits
Monsoon battle over and over again is just too much fun to take.

Wait, are you telling me the minimum specs for a Computer Videogame is a Gaming Computer?

I am shocked and appalled by this turn of events.

OR: Those are pretty common gaming pc configurations.

Dr Dogg

Wait, are you telling me the minimum specs for a Computer Videogame is a Gaming Computer?

I am shocked and appalled by this turn of events.

OR: Those are pretty common gaming pc configurations.

Hahaha you know what I mean. They are a fair bit higher than the normal. For example heres ACIV's minimum specs.

OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q8400 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 4870 (512MB VRAM with shader Model 4.0 or higher)
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Windows-Compatible keyboard and mouse required, controller optional.

So you got a game that has had a dedicated PC version developed in tandem to come out on release with lower requirements across the board.

JakeD

TF2 blade and Raiden mask is my guess.

is there more DLC available than this?:

This new PC version includes all three DLC missions: Blade Wolf, Jetstream, and VR Missions, in addition to all customized body upgrades for Raiden, including: White Armor, Inferno Armor, Commando Armor, Raiden's MGS4 body, and the ever-popular Cyborg Ninja.

because that's whats included on the amazon page and i'm assuming, the base steam purchase

Derrick01

Banned
So when is europa universalis 4 going to be $10 on Amazon? I saw the list earlier today but forgot, I think it was tomorrow or friday. All I remember is whatever day it was it was only for that day.

Dr Dogg

There haven't been TF2 promos in a while, I think they're done with that now due to cards. :(

Who would have thought that cards and community items would kill off hats. If you asked me a year ago I'd have said it was madness.

is there more DLC available than this?:

because that's whats included on the amazon page and i'm assuming, the base steam purchase

Nope. that's everything released. Plus a few extras as well. Not bad for $20.

Gah. I got MGR through PS+ that I've not touched yet, but the lure of possible 1080p60 is strong. Definitely made a difference for Lord of Shadows. just wondering if its £12-15 strong.

Levyne

Banned
Gah. I got MGR through PS+ that I've not touched yet, but the lure of possible 1080p60 is strong. Definitely made a difference for Lord of Shadows. just wondering if its £12-15 strong.

Playing this right now and I'm enjoying it a lot. First Castlevania game.

MGR could be my first MGS game (I know it's not a typical one, but still.)

Colin.

So when is europa universalis 4 going to be $10 on Amazon? I saw the list earlier today but forgot, I think it was tomorrow or friday. All I remember is whatever day it was it was only for that day.

Tomorrow. And the "Exteme Edition" which includes some DLC will be $11.24.

Turfster

Give it a whirl first. I tried my PS+ copy, and discovered MGR wasn't for me.
Definitely not what I wanted from a Metal Gear game.

FloatOn

just said goodbye to Dishonored. Finished the Brigmore Witches dlc, which was excellent and absolutely worth playing.

Knife of Dunwall was okay but the Brigmore Manor must be experienced by everyone who liked the base game.

Dr Dogg

I'd say yes but I'm a stark raving Metal Gear fanboy so disregard my opinion. To be fair though Rising did get in and around 50fps on the PS3 release, 40fps under heavy load (drops to 20 in some Blade Mode heavy scenes) at 720p so it was already a smother experince than C: LoS. But there's no denying that 1080p+ and 60fps+ is a winner and who knows what other pc centric goodies are in the options.

Nzyme32

So nice of him to spill the beans in the thread. I updated the OP of this thread with some of the new news. Hard trying to keep up with everything!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736399

Add this too from the other MGS:R thread

Alright, we've come this far and there's no point in holding back any more info.

Fuck the man, I'm going full disclosure:

At 10AM PST, tomorrow, the game will be listed on Steam for an introductory price of $19.99, which will last a scant 48 hours before it goes to a slightly lesser sale of -20% until it launches on January 9th.

ARE YOU SATISFIED, YOU HARPIES? I BEAR MY SOUL TO YOU.

Let's just pretend that tomorrow at 10AM I hopped in my time machine to come back to this point in time to tell you. For reasons.

Give it a whirl first. I tried my PS+ copy, and discovered MGR wasn't for me.
Definitely not what I wanted from a Metal Gear game.

I got the demo with ZoE HD and enjoyed that, and I'm usually up for hack and slash types like this. That and I'm a fan of the MGS series so can see myself enjoying it for the story alone.

Isn't the game already in 60 FPS on the consoles though?

From what I've read on DF, it has fairly consistent dips to 40-50 during combat. So that would likely be 90% of the time.

I'd say yes but I'm a stark raving Metal Gear fanboy so disregard my opinion. To be fair though Rising did get in and around 50fps on the PS3 release, 40fps under heavy load (drops to 20 in some Blade Mode heavy scenes) at 720p so it was already a smother experince than C: LoS. But there's no denying that 1080p+ and 60fps+ is a winner and who knows what other pc centric goodies are in the options.

So same boat as me in terms of MGS fandom :p I did play a few hours of LoS on 360 and while it wasn't on par with the PC by any means, it was still playable. If MGR is better than that, I may well just stick with the PS3 version. Still, if the specs are anything to go by might be worth hearing how it runs on a machine like mine anyway, since my CPU is only the next model up from the minimum.

Acccent

Papers, Please giveaway

Here are the entrants:
woo and indeed hoo, C4rter, Lord British, zkylon, Shagrath, Ogedai_Khan, The_Super_Inframan, corrosivefrost, kulapik, Rickenslacker, Letters, intheinbetween, keit4, scorpscarx, yoshizzle, chronomac, snoopeasystreet, MakeshiftChef, ussjtrunks, Cheddahz, Knurek, Jørdan, AsylumX, Nabs, alr1ght, bigwinnerx, tylergregg, The_Monk

I've been pretty lenient with the PM times but if you still think your names should be there but isn't, let me know. Or if for some reason it's in there but shouldn't, tell me as well :D
edit: sending a PM now to enter doesn't work, you had to do it after my initial post! I was just adding this in case I'd missed someone.

I'll be posting the actual contest tomorrow at approximately the same hour as my announcement post (5PM GMT) so everyone who entered should be awake and has a fair chance of winning.

edit: now for some reason I have this PM in my Inbox
YIA4wmf.png

look at the date
creeps me out

Salsa

had to boringly play 400 days again since it wouldnt pick up the save and I ended up making different decisions.. but fucking finally

u2iRbiX.jpg

Dr Dogg

So same boat as me in terms of MGS fandom :p I did play a few hours of LoS on 360 and while it wasn't on par with the PC by any means, it was still playable. If MGR is better than that, I may well just stick with the PS3 version. Still, if the specs are anything to go by might be worth hearing how it runs on a machine like mine anyway, since my CPU is only the next model up from the minimum.

It's 18gb on PS+ (high res cutscenes) so though it might be worth checking out, it might take a while to download. I've got an old setup thats way under the recommended specs which I have an incling are a bit higher than needed so will have a play around and see whats what when it comes out. Considering the GPU that's recommended a i5 2400 CPU is a bit higher than I'd expect.

Duke's Archives is a very pretty section in Dark Souls, shame I'm horrible at this game but I'm not giving up my souls yet!

It gets very, very pretty towards the end of that section. Dark souls isn't as hard as people make out. Getting good gear early on helps and getting used to circling your opponent on their non weapon side and taking them one at a time really helps. Still as long as you enjoy it is all that matters right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom