• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
had to boringly play 400 days again since it wouldnt pick up the save and I ended up making different decisions.. but fucking finally

u2iRbiX.jpg

I had the same dilemma. I didn't replay 400 Days because, honestly, who cares about any of those guys? I don't even remember who ended up where.

Turfster

edit: now for some reason I have this PM in my Inbox
YIA4wmf.png

look at the date
creeps me out

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly time-y wimey... stuff.

Wok

had to boringly play 400 days again since it wouldnt pick up the save and I ended up making different decisions.. but fucking finally

Dammit, I notice now that I have loaded the save for the season 1, and not the save for the DLC.

Edit: I have to check again.

Papers, Please giveaway

Here are the entrants:

I've been pretty lenient with the PM times but if you still think your names should be there but isn't, let me know. Or if for some reason it's in there but shouldn't, tell me as well :D

I'll be posting the actual contest tomorrow at approximately the same hour as my announcement post (5PM GMT) so everyone who entered should be awake and has a fair chance of winning.

YIA4wmf.png

look at the date
creeps me out

About 3 to 1 odds. Hmm, I wonder if I can manage to finagle 18 bans in the next 18 hours or so to make it a certainty?

Dr Dogg

ahah. Duke's is where I bring out all the cheap stuff. All of it. Great area.

With out giving too much away I hated that area with a passion first time around after many plummets to my death until I figured out the gimmick.
Agroing those fuck off Gold Golems didn't help either

Just looked this up and now I want to get CK2.

Watched some YouTube videos and man it looks awesome.

Looks confusing as hell but the stories that play out are sick.

Just started playing as a Crannogmen, so far everything is peaceful but I think the bloodbath will start soon. Also

amQ5gp0.png

The_Monk

It gets very, very pretty towards the end of that section. Dark souls isn't as hard as people make out. Getting good gear early on helps and getting used to circling your opponent on their non weapon side and taking them one at a time really helps. Still as long as you enjoy it is all that matters right?

I'm having a great time even if I'm a bad player. And I know it's not a hard game, it's my own choices and the way of dealing with the enemies that gets me killed most of the time. I also believe I must suffer from some sort of depth perception that affect my gameplay in this game.

Dr Dogg

I'm having a great time even if I'm a bad player. And I know it's not a hard game, it's my own choices and the way of dealing with the enemies that gets me killed most of the time. I also believe I must suffer from some sort of depth perception that affect my gameplay in this game.

I know what you mean. You think you;re safe from getting hit but get blind sided by a foe you thought you were well out of reach.

Here's a tip for you, 90% of the enemies are right handed (only a few are left handed, 2 handed or don't have weapons as such) and have a shorter reach to their left side. If you can keep them on your shield arm and circle them anti-clockwise you become very hard to hit. Took me about 3 playthroughs to pick up on lots a hidden quirks with the game but I played through Demon's Souls 10 times so I already had a bit of a foundation.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to buy Metal Gear Rising as soon as the PC version was released, but with my graphics card about to burn, there's not much use for that. Which is a shame, I really wanted to play it :/

Dr Dogg

I'm confused. We got this thread still open, the sale thread up 16 hours early, plus when this gets closed its bye bye Steam thread for 2013. I'm going to wake up tomorrow all in a stupor.

Edit: And no Salsa in sight.

cicero

Does anyone in this thread, besides Stump, actually look at and vote on Greenlight? There was a thread about it a while back, has me delving through it again.

I voted for 1000+ items, most which were after hearing someone here voice the idea that Valve might have been connecting Greenlight votes to some kind of achievement reward during, I think it was, last year's Holiday sale. Haven't voted on a thing since then. It just got tedious.

Acccent

Guys sorry if I wasn't clear about the contest: to enter it you had to send me a PM soon after my initial post. Sending one now doesn't work :( The gates are closed!

dani_dc

I wanted to buy Metal Gear Rising as soon as the PC version was released, but with my graphics card about to burn, there's not much use for that. Which is a shame, I really wanted to play it :/

A kidney could probably pay for a 660ti down there in South America!

I haven't played MGS:R, but I think it's safe to assume that the game is worth that much.

Miker

I wonder if Metal Gear Rising's 33% off pre-order will get any special highlighting in the sale - it may not be a coincidence that its page will be up the same time the sale starts. I hope it does!

Jørdan

I'll be posting the actual contest tomorrow at approximately the same hour as my announcement post (5PM GMT) so everyone who entered should be awake and has a fair chance of winning.

YIA4wmf.png

look at the date
creeps me out

Yay, thanks again.

Whomever travelled back in time to send the PM before the deadline may have overshot a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom