• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
going-to-steam-salesbgswd.gif
Haha, that's good!

I decided I'm not going to buy the game, not even for 2 bucks. Don't wanna waste money for the sake of curiosity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Simulator Games Developer Simulator

I should put my Greenlight access to good use and release SalsaShark Simulator. It would be a game about ignoring your thread creation duties because you're high almost all the time and it ends when you have a moment of clarity that you use to hop on to GAF to make your thread, because upon doing so you realise that you were beaten to the punch by a mod and, after signing in, also discover that you've been banned. FIN.

1337Sauce

Haha, that's good!

I decided I'm not going to buy the game, not even for 2 bucks. Don't wanna waste money for the sake of curiosity.

It's definitely worth the two dollars, trust. Even if you don't like it, it is only two dollars at the end of the day. If you get an hour of gameplay out of it I think it wouldn't be so bad.

Arthea

I should put my Greenlight access to good use and release SalsaShark Simulator. It would be a game about ignoring your thread creation duties because you're high almost all the time and it ends when you have a moment of clarity that you use to hop on to GAF to make your thread, because upon doing so you realise that you were beaten to the punch by a mod and, after signing in, also discover that you've been banned. FIN.

What a plot! You should consider save plus option where you get unbanned by the time for a new sale thread and can repeat the process.
You should release it, if not for other reasons, for adding to your gamecount.

I have to admit, I haven't sat down and play properly on weekends for weeks. Family bought a HDTV several weeks ago, I was watching my favorite movies in HD.

Salsa

What a plot! You should consider save plus option where you get unbanned by the time for a new sale thread and can repeat the process.
You should release it, if not for other reasons, for adding to your gamecount.

i'm guessing he has Greenlight access cause it gives you one more on your game count or a badge or something

that JaseC Simulator was pretty good tho. 'Depression Quest' was it? think it's on Greenlight now

JaseC

that JaseC Simulator was pretty good tho. 'Depression Quest' was it? think it's on Greenlight now

Silly shark. JaseC Simulator is about scrolling your way down this page. You get the game's one and only achievement when you reach the end, but... is there an end, though? Who knows!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's definitely worth the two dollars, trust. Even if you don't like it, it is only two dollars at the end of the day. If you get an hour of gameplay out of it I think it wouldn't be so bad.
I don't know if I'll even play it for an hour. And it being cheap doesn't make the money less wasted :p

Besides, I decided I want to buy a bike. So I'd be better off saving money now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame. You won't see xenomorph moonwalk in crisp 1080p.
With the state my graphics card is in, it'd probably catch fire before I reach that part, lol. I should clean it one of these days...

Bike Simulator 2014?
More like Motocross Madness 2. Hopefully there aren't invisible walls in real life that will propel me miles high in the sky.

The only reason to own Aliens: Colonial Marines is to enjoy the swagger of some xenomorphs.

Of which you don't actually need to play the game for, you can just watch a gif.
y6TpVd5.gif

He's heading to the Steam sales.

To be fair, that was probably the single most interesting attempt to bring both the fiction of the movies into the games while creating alternative variants of xenomorphs.

Of course, after that they seem to forget about how that might be, you know, required to make things interesting, but it is far, far, from the worst section the game has to offer. Fighting those human enemies... now those are the worst part. No redeeming value whatsoever.

just wanted to point this out, because I this gif is used for the 'wrong statement', despite its seeming ludicrious nature.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, that's good!

That GIF paired with the chorus line from the magnum opus of Was (Not Was) is still one of this years most amusing occurences. But the screen, and animation of the alien, in context was correct. The outrage against the game is more appropriately focused on the deception of customers and journalists Gearbox ran with the prerelease "gameplay" footage that had no relation to the final product.

The game itself is just another mediocre FPS that offers the same experience, and general quality issues, as an annual Call of Duty title.

Salsa

so yeah this is starting to become a problem

was getting BSODs with BF4, now im getting BSODs with everything. Not sure if it's heat-related after all

i'll be putting apart my PC and back together when I come back from work. Any other ideas?

JaseC

If you're not logged in to Tumblr the page is actually quite short.

Achievement unlocked?

D'oh, I forgot about that change. Joke ruined. :(

ibvKpmhZYbbcaM.gif

I had to (><)

edited: left some hiccup in the middle :(

Haha, perfect! (Well, hiccup aside. ;))

was getting BSODs with BF4, now im getting BSODs with everything. Not sure if it's heat-related after all

i'll be putting apart my PC and back together when I come back from work. Any other ideas?

Run Furmark to isolate the GPU as the cause (or rule it out).

Dr Dogg

Guys - I already know that the Winter Sale is going to be great. I think the Winter Sale will always hold a place in my heart since Enhanced Steam was conceived of and originally coded during the Winter Sale 2012. The first version of the code was a Greasemonkey script with less than 100 lines.

Fast forward one year, and Enhanced Steam has absolutely changed my life. As of a few minutes ago, the total download count for Enhanced Steam is 431,031. It's used by over 100,000 people (on average) every day. While it's true that I've had help from sites like Kotaku and Lifehacker in spreading the word, I know none of it would be possible without the support of Enhanced Steam users like you.

Last summer I even got to tour Valve's headquarters in Seattle and it was an amazing and surreal experience I'll never forget.

I just wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and let everyone know that I am truly grateful for your continued support and encouragement.

Dude we totally need to throw an Enhanced Steam 1 year anniversary party and shower you and the contributors with (Steam) gifts. Thanks to all the great work, I hardly touch the client anymore.

If you can catch it write down the code, they're all related to something. If you think it's heat related check logging on Real Temp or something so when you do BSOD at least you can see (most) of the temps at time of death.

Salsa

If you can catch it write down the code, they're all related to something. If you think it's heat related check logging on Real Temp or something so when you do BSOD at least you can see (most) of the temps at time of death.

it's a hardware bsod (checked the code the first time around), but yeah i'll keep an eye on temp logs. doubt it tho

i'll just take apart the whole thing and install everything back sturdy again when I get home in 9ish hours and hope for the best. reeeeeeeeally dont need to deal with replacing shit right now :(

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Bluescreen View is immensely helpful at tracking down the responsible culprits, assuming it's on the software side of things and not hardware failure. Gives you the error code and a list of the files the memdump highlights as most likely to have caused the BSOD.

EDIT: Oh so it is hardware, well then that won't be much help :(

derExperte

Completed Contrast in one 3hr sitting (+1 to get all trophies) and I think the reviews were a little too harsh. I get where they're coming from, the astonishingly bad framerate of the PS4 version, antsy controls and some collision problems. But it's got style, the shadow-mechanic is novel while not used for really complex puzzles and the story ended up being better than I expected. Another act and more polish would've helped and I won't recommend paying full price but with a nice discount...

I thought SteamGAF would never mistreat PCs like that. Calling local authorities now, the poor thing must be rescued.

Thanks for Dwarfs!?, Leon Belmont. ModBot is the greatest.

In other news, I got $20 for donating blood yesterday, just in time for the winter sales. That's like 4 free games!

JaseC

I haven't cleaned out my PC once since I built it about 18 months ago. I'll get around to doing so soon enough, but with my next upgrade I'll definitely be going the E-ATX + water cooling route; there's nothing worse than working inside a case with little space.

Dr Dogg

I haven't cleaned out my PC once since I built it about 18 months ago. I'll get around to doing so soon enough, but with my next upgrade I'll definitely be going the E-ATX + water cooling route; there's nothing worse than working inside a case with little space.

I had an mATX board in an E-ATX case at it was like throwing a Mars bar in the back of Transit Van.

Granted that analogy is for something else small going into a cavernous hole but it's works in this purpose as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom