• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And you a married man! Shame on you!
(Right?)

True. My wife would kill me if I actually touched someone's box on the internet. :p

EDIT: Also, new Greenlight banner.

Regular:
sY8wdEr.png

Greenlit:
lrUWbkM.png

A little bit than 2 more hours to go...

Thanks for Eschalon 2. One game off my wishlist, though I still need the first one. Assuming the reddit leak was legit, I'll get in a couple of days when the Autumn sale hits.

Thanks go out to Tolerance as well. No idea if he'll see this but I sent a PM thanking him as well.

So thanks to a new contributor, Enhanced Steam is getting a pretty cool new feature. Basically, Enhanced Steam can be used to apply a filter to workshop and profile comments to weed out "spam comments".

For example see below (taken from this page):

The current default really just gets rid of stuff like this. But it'll be expanded on soon (or you can write you're own custom regex, if that's your thing).

This will be in Enhanced Steam 5.1 which will be coming soon.

That's awesome, maybe the comments sections will be readable now.

How many contributors do you have, by the way? I assume you're not handling the Firefox port by yourself?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's awesome, maybe the comments sections will be readable now.

How many contributors do you have, by the way? I assume you're not handling the Firefox port by yourself?

There are 4 major code contributors at this point, but there are about 15 people who are regularly sending in new translations for various languages.

At this time, I'm the only person developing the Firefox extension. But I'm getting ready to open the Firefox code up to other developers because I'm not very good with keeping it up to date and Firefox isn't really my thing.

jshackles

What sorcery is this?

qBwUs4Z.png

dYliOTn.png

Coming soon to an Enhanced Steam near you.

cicero

Well you came to a decision on what to play so job done :).

I faced the same dilemma myself earlier. Steam says I've played FTL for about 80 hours in the last 2 weeks so I think the desire to play something else is forgiveable :p. I tried Shelter but that got on my nerves quite a bit. I got to a new area
the first section at night
and quit out. Started Fortix and once I got into the game really enjoyed it. The tutorial irritated me; I guess I've been spoilt by so many Nintendo games over the years where one is taught the game by playing it. Going back to it soon, just having a break.
I put about 100 hours into my GOG copy of FTL, months later I finally installed my Steam version and put in around 40 more hours. When the free update is released I will probably put in another 50-100. Try checking it out again in a few months, I was surprised to find that it was a such an enjoyable experience the second time around.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Steam Support finally got around to responding to my issue of having one character entry (e.g. typing d) be taken by Steam in overlay as multiple entries (e.g. it would come out as ddddddddddddddddddd).

Turns out it's an issue of 64-bit systems and network connectivity issues, of which they gave me a patch for Steam to run that has fixed it for all but a few games (Super House Of Dead Ninjas for example).

I must admit to being a bit baffled by this. Ignoring the issue of being able to type, all achievements, guides, websites, and friend chat worked perfectly fine and were of stable connection. Why in a system in which all other online and connective functions of Steam work perfectly fine, would overlay suddenly cause just character entry to be messed up?

Sajjaja

Steam Support finally got around to responding to my issue of having one character entry (e.g. typing d) be taken by Steam in overlay as multiple entries (e.g. it would come out as ddddddddddddddddddd).

Turns out it's an issue of 64-bit systems and network connectivity issues, of which they gave me a patch for Steam to run that has fixed it for all but a few games (Super House Of Dead Ninjas for example).

I must admit to being a bit baffled by this. Ignoring the issue of being able to type, all achievements, guides, websites, and friend chat worked perfectly fine and were of stable connection. Why in a system in which all other online and connective functions of Steam work perfectly fine, would overlay suddenly cause just character entry to be messed up?

They don't have jshackles.

AsylumX

Quick question... Is Legend of Grimrock that good??? Huge Seal ends in a couple of hours and the only two games I'm really really interested (and i doubt will be cheaper when the sales come) are Jamestown and Trine... So, Buy or Don't Buy

jshackles

At some point, Valve will just hire you, and the next Steam patch will be that the Steam client is now just Enhanced Steam.

With a comment like that I'd be remiss in not mentioning the online petition.

But seriously guys, thanks for your support. :)

AsylumX

I put about 100 hours into my GOG copy of FTL, months later I finally installed my Steam version and put in around 40 more hours. When the free update is released I will probably put in another 50-100. Try checking it out again in a few months, I was surprised to find that it was a such an enjoyable experience the second time around.

What free update???

KarmaCow

Quick question... Is Legend of Grimrock that good??? Huge Seal ends in a couple of hours and the only two games I'm really really interested (and i doubt will be cheaper when the sales come) are Jamestown and Trine... So, Buy or Don't Buy

It's great game, It has some really good puzzles and secrets. Treat as more of a puzzle game in a dungeon crawler because the combat is easily exploitable and kinda rote.

It also has Steamworks support and there are a bunch of custom dungeons, though I haven't tried any of them (yet).

i don't know if i can deal with all the stupid bullshit in dirt 2. driving is fun, and the first person view is allright, but the cycle of

4 minute race
3 minutes of staring at a menu telling you new races are available, and 2 different ex BMX stars telling you you're radical

is kind of obnoxious

and you get 50 upgrades after every race but they're all frivilous shit like fuzzy dice, like seriously? who cares? just let me drive, i don't want to be friends with travis pastrana

Card Boy

Banned
i don't know if i can deal with all the stupid bullshit in dirt 2. driving is fun, and the first person view is allright, but the cycle of

4 minute race
3 minutes of staring at a menu telling you new races are available, and 2 different ex BMX stars telling you you're radical

is kind of obnoxious

still better than dirt 3 and showdown.

jshackles

Awesome! Will non-ES users be able to see the games on our wishlists too?

Yep, it's actually adding them to your wishlist, just as if you clicked the button on the store pages that no longer exist. It also works with any game (not just those removed from Steam).

Although it appears there are some games that Valve has specifically blocked users from adding to their wishlist, even using this method.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you purchased the Indiefort Oxygen Bundle on Gamersgate you should have a Steam key for Eryi's Action there now.

still better than dirt 3 and showdown.

i don't even want to try those at this point. my framerate was awful too, at like 30 even though i made the settings quite reserved, i don't know if driving in first person view just made it bad or what, but it was at like 30 while WRC 4 has no problem sticking right by 60 all the time, and that game's brand new and better looking

Shambles

Steam just reset my settings so that those annoying ads show up when I leave a game/start steam. Is this something they just did to everyone and thought that no one would notice or did my recent BSOD jus corrupt a file?

Jame Retief

Neo Member
With a comment like that I'd be remiss in not mentioning the online petition.

But seriously guys, thanks for your support. :)

Signed, and thank you for Enhanced Steam. Your added feature set makes interacting with Steam a much more pleasant experience.

Either Valve is out of their mind by not hiring you, or sly as a fox. "Why pay him money when he's doing it for free already?"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What sorcery is this?

Coming soon to an Enhanced Steam near you.

You really should do mockups. While I like the idea of the own/wish being under the game title, the multi-colors aren't doing anything for me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Are we not getting Steam keys from Indie Royale for Mutant Mudds?

I'm sure we will eventually. Who knows when, though. This was their last comment on it:

Renegade Jools [developer] Nov 19 @ 6:42pm
Hi Lunick. These have not been organized yet. We're new to Steam so we're still figuring out how to do such things. :) We appreciate your patience.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Just realized I won Swords and Soldiers HD after chilling in the People are streaming shows vid PS4 twitch all day(#FREETOMFORD). Thanks MulderWasTaken

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Steam just reset my settings so that those annoying ads show up when I leave a game/start steam. Is this something they just did to everyone and thought that no one would notice or did my recent BSOD jus corrupt a file?
I think it's the latter, but I can't say for sure until I launch it later today. It wasn't the case for me yesterday.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
if i get a mod from steam,where does it go?

Depends on the game. If you grab something off the Skyrim workshop, I believe it just plops the right files into Skyrim's Data folder. Other games could have designated mod folders outside of their installation paths, like in your Documents directory. Theoretically, anyway, the only game like that I can think of offhand is the first Witcher but it doesn't have Workshop support.

Depends on the game. If you grab something off the Skyrim workshop, I believe it just plops the right files into Skyrim's Data folder. Other games could have designated mod folders outside of their installation paths, like in your Documents directory. Theoretically, anyway, the only game like that I can think of offhand is the first Witcher but it doesn't have Workshop support.
what if i get the zdoom mod that enhances the gfx. That is not on steam but off another site.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
what if i get the zdoom mod that enhances the gfx. That is not on steam but off another site.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Installation_and_execution_of_ZDoom

I've downloaded the zip they list there and it sounds like just extracting everything to it's own folder and running the zdoom.exe should work automatically since it should be able to find Steam installations of Doom on it's own. I get an error about it not being found since I don't have Doom, if you get the same error with Doom installed it sounds like you might have to edit the ini file.

Deques

A wild bundle just appeared
http://www.universa.la/en/

Pay minimum $5 for these games
Dungeonland
Magicka
Magicka wizard wars
Knights and pen +1
The Showdown effect
+some other non Steam games

I already got most of the games, just missing wizard wars, so I don't know if I should get it

I won SpaceChem, thanks MulderWasTaken! I have wanted to test it for a while, ever since someone called it the Dark Souls of puzzle games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom