• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Well the first time where you don't have a clue where to go, the dangers and surprises certain enemy's in there have and then all the other "quirks" really do make anyone curse that place but on my subsequent playthroughs it's a bit of a doddle now, framerate withstanding.

Once you figure out you don't even need to do the top half it's no big deal really. Sens Funhouse though :(

Dr Dogg

Once you figure out you don't even need to do the top half it's no big deal really. Sens Funhouse though :(

I stumbled upon the back entrance by accident on my first playthrough
(went master key as gift)
but because I was super low leveled and fresh out of the Undead Asylym got stomped the moment inset foot in there. Didn't really figure out where it connected until I got to the bottom.

Plus as an added bonus
skipping The Depths and that Capra arsehole
opens up build choices.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks for all the Dungeon Defenders DLC and Depths Of Peril, MulderWasTaken. That was an incredibly generous giveaway you did. Good work.

Category G

Neo Member
Seems Double Dragon Neon may be getting a Steam release (better late than never?). If you check the game avatars you can find avatars for it (as well as a few more unannounced games). The relevant app was also last updated nine days ago, which would seem to suggest it's not just some leftover project which fell through.

Cth

Catching up on the last few days, wanted to say thanks to Tolerance and MulderWasTaken for FEAR 3 and Star Wolves 3..

With any luck, Half Life 3 is right around the corner ;)

Thanks again!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I may have to play that one, because I'm curious about its alleged poor quality. Is it as bad as people say? Looks like a job for me to find out.

You can still hate the singleplayer. I wouldn't touch that game without a buddy along for the ride.
But it's not the same. I don't hate the whole game, just the single player and its title and the fact that it's part of one of my favorite franchises. I can't hate it as I did before, not now that I know the co-op campaign is fun.

On another (and not Steam related) note, I'm starting to get back that feeling I had when I used to play WoW a few years ago. Reading some Guild Wars 2 guides and class (or profession) builds is nice, even if I don't understand half of what it's written there. Looks like my Steam (and 3DS) backlog is going to suffer hard.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The page says it's a direct download and doesn't mention Steam activation like the other games though.

That appears to be an oversight in the site's product system as if you click the "Retail" category all of the non-GFWL games have the Direct Download icon. I assume you get an installer (probably just an ISO of the disc considering the nature of the site) and a retail key rather than just the former.

JaseC

I may have to play that one, because I'm curious about its alleged poor quality. Is it as bad as people say? Looks like a job for me to find out.

I can't think of a single redeeming factor. John Cleese lends his voice, but he sounds bored.

Dr Dogg

I can't think of a single redeeming factor. John Cleese lends his voice, but he sounds bored.

Well Stephen Fry is back as Reaver but the character is totally fucked by the changes made trying to fit him into the game.

In my experience, Amazon sellers who ship internationally are few and far between, but I'm sure a UK GAFer wouldn't mind helping you out if necessary -- the key is all you need, after all.

I would help out but Amazon are on my shit list until they refund me for some "delivered" items that went missing due to using a useless courier. Seeing as it's being brought up a bit i might snap up a few copies for SteamGAF when I sort out my dispute.

JaseC

Thanks fot the tip Jase, I'll check it out, I hope to buy one :D

In my experience, Amazon sellers who ship internationally are few and far between, but I'm sure a UK GAFer wouldn't mind helping you out if necessary -- the key is all you need, after all.

Echoplx

That appears to be an oversight in the site's product system as if you click the "Retail" category all of the non-GFWL games have the Direct Download icon. I assume you get an installer and a retail key rather than just the former.

Hmm, maybe. I don't want to be the guinea pig for this :p

Yup, I'm going to check what seller does ship internationally, and if they don't, then I might need help (as you pointed early)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So thanks to a new contributor, Enhanced Steam is getting a pretty cool new feature. Basically, Enhanced Steam can be used to apply a filter to workshop and profile comments to weed out "spam comments".

For example see below (taken from this page):

Before:
g15q6iM.png

After:
JP7Fgxe.png

Option:
30xIiiQ.png

Option (after clicking "Customize")
9Raru34.png

The current default really just gets rid of stuff like this. But it'll be expanded on soon (or you can write you're own custom regex, if that's your thing).

This will be in Enhanced Steam 5.1 which will be coming soon.

So I was replaying Mass Effect recently, I played as Femshep and tried to choose different choices this time around, but I still ended up
killing Kaiden
, he's just so boring.

Dr Dogg

So I was replaying Mass Effect recently, I played as Femshep and tried to choose different choices this time around, but I still ended up
killing Kaiden
, he's just so boring.

Shame come 3 that Ashley is the dullard hanger on. But noooooo you have to live with that choice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Will the next version be 7.1, followed by Enhanced Steam THX? ;)

Followed by Enhanced Steam "EPIC! Valve Add This Please!" Edition

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Code:
░█▀▀░█░░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█
░▀▀█░█░░█░█▀▀░█▀▀░█▀▄
░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░ ▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve!! ░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█

There's no way to disable the EA auto-log stuff in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is there? It comes up every time I launch the game and it's not just backing out and going through a few prompts, there's a lengthy nag screen telling me about the benefits of using the auto-log and the game is always trying to hook up to the auto-log after every race. It's kind of annoying and I'd like to outright disable it.

The game itself is pretty fun but I'm not playing with or against any friends, so I don't care about leaderboards or online, I just want to race without being hassled every time I launch the game.

So thanks to a new contributor, Enhanced Steam is getting a pretty cool new feature. Basically, Enhanced Steam can be used to apply a filter to workshop and profile comments to weed out "spam comments".

For example see below (taken from this page):

The current default really just gets rid of stuff like this. But it'll be expanded on soon (or you can write you're own custom regex, if that's your thing).

This will be in Enhanced Steam 5.1 which will be coming soon.

I think I'm in love with you.

Are you doing anything tonight?

Turfster

There's no way to disable the EA auto-log stuff in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is there? It comes up every time I launch the game and it's not just backing out and going through a few prompts, there's a lengthy nag screen telling me about the benefits of using the auto-log and the game is always trying to hook up to the auto-log after every race. It's kind of annoying and I'd like to outright disable it.

Welcome to the new EA world.
Have you read about the 50 billion browser hoops you need to jump through for battlefield 4 single player?

(This is one of the reasons I only play EA games on my PS3 after pulling the network cord these days)

TouchMyBox
(Today, 04:59 PM)

And you a married man! Shame on you!
(Right?)

Dr Dogg

Not that I can remember. It was just easier to succumb to EA's demands. Still could be worse. You could have to put up with DJ Atomica at Crash FM. AGGHHHHHHHH!!!

Both Kaiden and Ashley went "Oh noes you worked with Cerberus, I don't trust you!" after ME2. Quite annoying.

I don't know if some of the writers at Bioware want to raise awareness about this but ever character and a lot of the NPCs have traits of bipolar disorder. To the extent of flat out raging at you one dialogue line to elation and joy the next. That or some really shitty binary dialogue assignment.

Disclaimer: A member of my family suffers from bipolar so I'm not making a cheap shot at a very serious condition.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Code:
░█▀▀░█░░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█
░▀▀█░█░░█░█▀▀░█▀▀░█▀▄
░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░ ▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve!! ░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█

Broke in non-quote. What type of mod are you if you can't make the ASCII work?

Jawmuncher

Thanks to MulderWasTaken for a great giveaway!

Wanted to say thanks as well to MulderWasTake for aquaria!

--------------------------------------

The craziness that EA does with some of their PC ports is so bad to the point where you're better off getting the console version. Which is pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom