• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

okayfrog

Banned
This can take some time especially if your wishlist is really long. You have to wait for the games to be highlighted before it'll do anything. So, load the wishlist page, get a coffee, then come back and click the button and it should work. :)

Ahh, okay. I really need to trim down my wishlist, but I also wanna have all the games that have trading cards in there for some reason.

Hasney

I came home one night after going out drinking and I decided to boot up Grid and I swear my driving didn't degrade at all.

My TF2 skill seems to get better per beer up to 3 pints, then degrade severely to the point where my housemate is yelling at me through her floor on an MVM run.

Jawmuncher

Someday I plan on going through all the steam games and bookmarking what I want.
Just the other day I found a bunch of stuff I didn't know I needed

Dolor

How the hell do I have 163 items on my wishlist already?

Note to devs, if you want my money, best be adding trading cards. That's my new differentiater. Why just play a game when you can play a game and several metagames all at once?

Hasney

Those reactions come from him interviewing a hot new secretary.

The body builder part is something else entirely.

The body builder part is from Vince's own bodybuilding promotion.

I've just had 2 receipt PMs again, so apologies to whoever fails to redeem Electronic Super Joy as it will be given out twice.

The_Monk

It's great to be so close to another Steam Sale, hope they can keep with all the Community Votes and similar things such a possible Autumn Badge to make things fun too.

That hugeseal sale seems pretty sweet, I already own 12 of the games but I'm thinking of adding these 4 to my library:

Cubetractor
Element4l
Reus
Monaco

Has anyone played Cubetractor? It looks cool in the trailer, I'm just noticing the low user count. (Steamcharts says 10 players all-time peak.)

Awesome. I'm going to use this when i get home. (which I could add coupon keys through the website)

louiedog

How the hell do I have 163 items on my wishlist already?

I ask myself this question with a different number every few weeks. Valve needs to run another sale promo where you can win the top 10 games on your list to force me to go through and organize mine.

AsylumX

Steam Community Market just crashed, they had to remove Dota 2 tab from the inventory so people would stop listing stuff on the market. It works okay right now but you can sell Dota 2 stuff...

Hasney

All the posts saying "cool, new thread!" definitely help :p

Hey, you've got that, then jokes about when the sale starts as the first slice of bread. We're coming close to the end of that slice into the meaty filling before finally, a slice of a thousand suggestions of the thread subtitle that MRORANGE will ignore and do his own thang anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ignore me, I'm just putting this here so I can continue to edit it:

My list of unowned licensed crap said:
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know
aerofly FS
Agricultural Simulator 2013 - Steam Edition
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Ashes Cricket 2013
Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
Barbie Dreamhouse Party
Battleship
Assetto Corsa
Cabela's African Adventures
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Trophy Bucks
Catan: Creator's Edition
Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp
Duels of the Planeswalkers Gold Deck Bundle
Duels of the Planeswalkers Gold Game Bundle
Elder Sign: Omens
EndWar
Eternity's Child
F1 2013
Farming Giant
Fast & Furious: Showdown
Football Manager 2014
Guardians of Middle-earth
HAWX 2
Hive
Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift: Arctic Games
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Monster Jam
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst
NBA 2K14
Omikron: The Nomad Soul (it's ancient, but David Bowie is in it, so better safe than sorry)
OMSI 2: Steam Edition
Out of the Park Baseball 9
Pacific Liner LA - San Diego Route
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
Professional Farmer 2014
Racing Manager 2014
Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition
Risk
Rocksmith 2014
Rogue Warrior
Rugby Challenge
Rugby Challenge 2
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Silent Hunter Collection
Small World 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Space Ace
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Talisman: Digital Edition/Prologue
Tank Operations: European Campaign
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
The Game of Life
The Mysterious Cities of Gold
The Walking Dead: Season 2
The Wolf Among Us
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Type:Rider
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Special Editions (Steam US)
World Basketball Tycoon
WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship
Young Justice: Legacy

I feel like I've forgotten to add a game.

Edit: Ah! The US-specific app for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Andrefpvs

Hey, you've got that, then jokes about when the sale starts as the first slice of bread. We're coming close to the end of that slice into the meaty filling before finally, a slice of a thousand suggestions of the thread subtitle that MRORANGE will ignore and do his own thang anyway.

I love this post. Also, I'm now hungry.

Backlogger

Tried to download Enhanced Steam at work and got this.

This Websense category is filtered: Hacking. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization.

Ruh-roh

I installed it like a week or two ago and didn't get that warning and my IT guy hasn't come and yelled at me yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So can you use ?=cc to buy games outside of your region

This was once possible, but Valve's since implemented additional measures (an IP check and the payment info needs to match the region of the store).

Not a licensed game. ;) But I love what I've seen of it thus far and will most certainly pick it up sooner rather than later.

Should also be in OP:

ESCWFqa.gif

I'm crying. Thanks bro.

Vince gifs can't be topped.

Karu

F.E.A.R.
Played through F.E.A.R. I should mention that in terms of campaigns I've played only Call of Duty: Black Ops and Far Cry 3 during the last generation, so this specific genre isn't worn out for me at all. Either way, F.E.A.R. was so much fun, really one of the most enjoyable games I played through the year period. While the story was pure shit and not worth a mention (Which the game luckily seems to agree upon most of the time), its so-called gunplay plus the amazingly implemented slow-mo function were amazing as the core of the experience. The enemies didn't vary much, which doesn't bother me personally though. Not even the dull, repetitive enviroments lessen the fun. The graphics also still hold up for not looking like shit.

F.E.A.R. is a really great game, even in 2013, and makes me wanna explore the FPS-Genre a bit more. While I played multiplayer (CoD 4&BLOPS, Blacklight Retribution, CS:GO), I would like to dig deeper in the SP-modes.

So next up will be Half Life 2, that gave a nice impression in its first 60 minutes. Though overheating-probs with my notebook could drag that one out a bit.

Hasney

Weird, I recall seeing WWTBAM in my region.

Ah, but

what about that? Unless that one isn't recent.

Scribblenauts was this time last year, I think? Didn't come out in Europe until this summer so I had to get it from the US store, so JaseC's comment may be more accurate now.

Jawmuncher

This was once possible, but Valve's since implemented additional measures (an IP check and the payment info needs to match the region of the store).

Any specifics on that yet?
I bought Jade Empire just the other day and haven't had an issue yet.

Is steam version of Jade Empire the best way to play the game? Do mods work fine?

JaseC's list is...interesting bunch of games. I wonder what is World Basketball Tycoon, wil I have fun with it if I like sports manager games? Are rugby challenge games any fun? I know these questions are something that no one probably has an answer, but while I'm not collecting every game on steam, I'm also worried if I miss out on some legit licensed sports games.

Not exactly a new avatar but current Saoirse is very pretty :) Copons on the other hand..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom