• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amazon Steam deals 27/11
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition $9.99
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition $7.49
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition $9.99
MUD - FIM Motorcross World Championship $7.49
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures $19.99
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ $4.99
RIDGE RACER Unbounded $4.99
Rogue Trooper $1.49
Sniper Elite V2 $5.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Kill Hitler DLC Pack $2.39
Sniper Elite V2 - The Landwehr Canal DLC Pack $1.49
Sniper Elite V2 - The Neudorf Outpost DLC Pack $1.49
Sniper Elite V2 Bundle $9.99
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army v4.49
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 4 $Pack 11.99
Star Trek $4.99
Test Drive Pack (Ferrari racing + Unlimited 2) $14.99
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends $14.99

Are you sure Enslaved starts tomorrow? The list I read yesterday stated the 29th.

Jawmuncher

Amazon Steam deals 27/11
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition $9.99
RIDGE RACER Unbounded $4.99
Star Trek $4.99

That's what i'll be grabbing.
Funny enough they're all Namco games.
Hope Ace Combat goes to 4.99 soon. I've waited this long it doesn't deserve another year at 7.49

Also isn't today the 26th for everyone? These deals are tomorrow.

The_Monk

Amazon Steam deals 27/11
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition $7.49
Star Trek $4.99

These two sure are tempting. But I don't think I can start Dark Souls after not finishing it on the PS3 when I had it after putting 50 hours into it. Star Trek I'm tempted because I'm curious to try/play that game. Let's see...

Dr Dogg

Oh bloody hell. Do I really want Castlevania LoS and Enslaved that bad? Wasn't Castlavania a daily a few weeks back? So many sales, such little time.

Slyjss

I thought this year Dark Souls would be cheaper, but with the base price staying the same I guess I'll jump when they activate the offer. At least I played it on PS3 on the meanwhile.

Jawmuncher

Oh bloody hell. Do I really want Castlevania LoS and Enslaved that bad? Wasn't Castlavania a daily a few weeks back? So many sales, such little time.

It was but it was 14.99 as well thus why i'm hoping the steam sale has it for a bit less.
Or like jaseC said gamefly matches 14.99 with a 20% coupon as well.

Divius

I've been playing Dark Souls non-stop since I bought it last summersale for €7,50

My backlog keeps growing but I can't stop playing Dark Souls.

edit: moral of the story: I bought it for cheap: one of my favorite games ever. Buy it.

FloatOn

I've been playing Dark Souls non-stop since I bought it last summersale for €7,50

I know this feeling well. I'm trying to knock out as many games as I can before March 14 aka when Dark Souls 2 consumes my life day.

Anteater

Hoping to pick up New Vegas since I missed it last time.

Will probably pick up another game but I don't even remember what other games I wanted to play...

Dr Dogg

It was but it was 14.99 as well thus why i'm hoping the steam sale has it for a bit less.
Or like jaseC said gamefly matches 14.99 with a 20% coupon as well.

Ah brilliant, cheers. Yeah I think I'm going to wait it out. Even if it only ends up being 50% off at least Steam or Gamefly don't charge me £1.25 in currency convention fees.

Derrick01

Banned

Yes you do, Lords of Shadow is great and the sequel looks like it could be a goty contender like god of war 2 was even though it came out after the next gen had started.

As for me I'll probably get enslaved for that price. The PC port is good?

JaseC

As for me I'll probably get enslaved for that price. The PC port is good?

It's about average. The game runs well, but textures are identical to the console versions and graphics options are virtually non-existent, but being UE3-based the latter is nothing you can't get around with some ini tweaking.

Munin

Does anyone know if I buy AC4 from GetGamesGo, whether I will get a Steam key or not? The page isn't conclusive and I don't usually buy from that site...

JaseC

Does anyone know if I buy AC4 from GetGamesGo, whether I will get a Steam key or not? The page isn't conclusive and I don't usually buy from that site...

It's a Uplay key:

uplay-keycode.png

DRM Type:
Uplay Keycode

JaseC

No. Ubisoft games are only Steam if you buy them directly on Steam.

Not entirely true. Amazon offers Steam keys for AC3, AC4 and FC3, and some other site, the name of which escapes me at the moment, was selling Steam pre-orders for AC4 (no idea if it still offers Steam keys since I can't check ;)).

Certainly not always cause I just bought Gunslinger a few days ago from a third party site and got a Steam key...but thanks for the info.

He was referring to titles developed internally at Ubi.

Deques

You can find Steam codes for UPlay games here and there, but it is rare. Most sites will champion the fact it's a Steam key though to get people to buy from them.
That's because some games require Steam, even origin sell some games that gives Steam code

Clawww

edit: moral of the story: I bought it for cheap: one of my favorite games ever. Buy it.

Similar story although I've had my fill of it lately (if the online worked better for me, I'd probably still be at it). Amazing experience, and easy game of the generation contender.

Also, if you haven't played the Artorias of the Abyss DLC (included in the Prepare to Die edition): it's quite good.

Munin

OK so then I hope if I buy AC4 on Steam now I'm not missing out on some cheaper deal somewhere else that still nets me a Steam key...

Mairu

The leaked email from awhile back said it was starting tomorrow. Did that get debunked? It's difficult to keep up with this thread :<

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wonderful, more friends for Pinball FX2. High score competition really is great.

Does anyone have any idea when, or if, the Stanley parable is coming to MAC?

Still have no confirmed date or even time frame unfortunately, but we know for sure it is being worked on.

Aussie Rules > All other rules.

Generally I would agree, but as far as the weird cousin versions of rugby go, my family is quite partial to Puppy Bowl; A sport which throws out all rules for a game of pure adorable anarchy (of cuteness).

Derrick01

Banned
It's about average. The game runs well, but textures are identical to the console versions and graphics options are virtually non-existent, but being UE3-based the latter is nothing you can't get around with some ini tweaking.

That's good to hear, I can deal with a bare bones port as long as it runs really smoothly. Castlevania's really bare bones too but it's very easy to max out and runs great.

Backlogger

That's good to hear, I can deal with a bare bones port as long as it runs really smoothly. Castlevania's really bare bones too but it's very easy to max out and runs great.

Call me old fashioned, but I only recently started messing with mods on New Vegas (still need to try FO3) and I kinda like the original better.

The only game I have modded to improve graphics where I actually preferred it over the un-modded version was System Shock 2 but I'm guessing that is due to the age of the game.

Dario ff

Banned
My video card is busted so I won't be able to play games until I get the RMA back. :(

At least I can still stock up during the sale.
My 6870 got busted a month ago, and I'm still thinking of buying games on this sale. I know the feeling. It's been a good month for low-end backlog clearing tho.

If Sonic ASRT goes on sale I think I would like to drop a giveaway here. Time to buy a 4th copy!

Anteater

Man why do the walking dead have to crash when I alt-tab D:

I'm *kind of* liking borderlands but I'm not sure if I enjoy the whole loot/leveling aspect.

Derrick01

Banned
Call me old fashioned, but I only recently started messing with mods on New Vegas (still need to try FO3) and I kinda like the original better.

The only game I have modded to improve graphics where I actually preferred it over the un-modded version was System Shock 2 but I'm guessing that is due to the age of the game.

Yeah I don't really bother with mods anymore. I've found it's not worth the hassle when content mods (like new quests) usually suck compared to the main game and I don't care enough about graphics in ugly games like Bethesda games and New Vegas to bother spending large amounts of time managing mods and trying to get them to work right. It's far easier to just play the damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom