• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

man, all these Steam machine related threads in the past few months got me feelin' like a soldier in the console war. such shitshows but it's hard to stay out of it, you know?

ArjanN

Divekick was fantastic in its original incarnation. The retail release is an inelegant, bloated in-joke.

No, not really.

The original version was a really basic in-joke, this one has a lot more content and is clearly a much better game.

Clawww

my point still stands about local mp.

Divekick is a modern Karate Champ. It belongs in your library. Period.

It's not that great. The concept is nice, and there's some fun gags in there if you're into the FGC, but I'm not sure how someone could stand to play it for more than a few offline sessions with friends. It's not as simple and straightforward as the game originally suggested it might be, and it's not deep enough for actual fighting game enthusiasts to really give a shit about playing.

I guess $2.50 is not a bad price for something you can dick around with a bit, though.

ArjanN

Oh. Neat.

I wasn't done editing. :p

It's not that great. The concept is nice, and there's some fun gags in there if you're into the FGC, but I'm not sure how someone could stand to play it for more than a few offline sessions with friends. It's not as simple and straightforward as the game originally suggested it might be, and it's not deep enough for actual fighting game enthusiasts to really give a shit about playing.

I guess $2.50 is not a bad price for something you can dick around with a bit, though.

Well, I don't really disagree with your assessment, but it's really fun/funny for a couple of hours at least, which makes it a no brainer at this price.

sibarraz

Banned
thanks god for the daily offer, I was about to buy divekick last sunday with the skullgirls sale just because I wanted another FG

sibarraz

Banned
The fighting game crowd is so related to consoles that I don't find weird to see few people playing them.

Still, all the FG on steam had sold well, so companies will still make them since I'm sure that those are cheap as fuck to develop

I might buy the humble weekly not-BTA, pinball fx2 seems fun but not enough for the 6$ pack. I mean, I tried some tables but they didn't convince me much. And I find that there are too much reflections

Copons

So. Sad you didn't get the sale today?
Well, at least you have...

The Copons' Euro Truck Simulator 2 Adventures

I finally bought my very own super cool truck. It's a badass blue Volvo FH16. They tried to sell it to me at 100K, but then I removed every single one of those useless additional mirrors, because a true trucker never looks back, and pimped in an engine twice as powerful than the stock one, because fuck it.

Here you go:
1400724_10202465420457574_356065309_o.jpg

Look ma', no mirrors!
775725_10202465394896935_1445385528_o.jpg

No stock ashtray? What is this, a cheapass city car?

It also has the manliest horn ever, and I totally enjoyed honking it all around French roads.

But then something happened and now I'm 100% sure the dealer sold me a cheap truck rebranded Volvo.
So: I was trucking full throttle on cruise control like a pro on a random Swiss highway, when I needed to put out my smoke so I switched my attention to the ashtray. Meanwhile a wild elbow turn appears. I was confident my badass Swedish truck was able to rock it, but instead I may have lightly brushed another - very lame, let me tell you - truck I was overtaking while steering.
Well: 28% damage to the truck, 7% damage to the trailer, malfunctioning engine. WTF? I BARELY TOUCHED IT! A TRUE VOLVO WOULD HAVE BOSSED THE SITUATION RUNNING AHEAD WITHOUT LOOKING BACK TO THE OTHER TRUCK EXPLODING!

Oh well.
I don't give a shit about engine malfunctioning (I was used to drive an early-90s Autobianchi Y10 with what I always thought was a broken Lambo muffler) and I go straight ahead to deliver my cargo.

But then the driver was sleepy. 50km away from the destination. Oh BOOOH OOOH. Grind your teeth, slap your face and do this last half hour like a professional driver.
But no. Badass cops started to fine me like 150€ because I was sleepy. C'MON GUYS!

Finally, I manage to deliver, 17K€ minus 1.5K€ of cargo damage.
I rush to the shop to fix my truck: 14K€ of repairs. Fuck it, I bought a golden truck and I didn't know. Super duper deal for 100K€.

At last, I go to an hotel to sleep and while I enter the hotel parking lot, I get another sleeping offence fine.

Nice job for my first delivery!

MNC

Is it bad I want the GreenManGaming review system[User reviews game, staff member reviews review, if well written enough user gets 25c cash] for Steam?

I might buy the humble weekly not-BTA, pinball fx2 seems fun but not enough for the 6$ pack. I mean, I tried some tables but they didn't convince me much. And I find that there are too much reflections
You can turn the reflections off if you don't like 'em. (I like them but I think that they're too low resolution) Besides, I think the Marvel tables are the best ones in that bundle.

don't buy hell yeah for $6. the DLC is completely unnecessary, and the base game has been given for free at so many places you could easily buy it off someone for $1 - $3

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Does Amazon gift cards work for digital games on Amazon?

Yes. And if you know you will be buying several games, I recommend buying an online gift card for yourself for an amount that will cover all of the games you will be buying. Otherwise every game will be a transaction and may cause problems with your credit card issuer flagging the account for potential fraud.

Category G

Neo Member
Why is Dark Souls deal live, but not any of the others?

Also, is Hell Yeah Complete pack worth 6,29$?

I enjoyed Hell Yeah for what it was. The DLC is pointless however (IIRC one is just costumes and the other is a few challenge levels which don't add much) so you're better off with just the game on it's own (which has been cheaper anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom