• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
bigace33 said:
Ok man, where are my steam sales? I need something new to add to my ever growing steam empire.
If you like the Ghostbusters movies, I highly recommend the game which is 10$ right now. It's pure fan service and I really enjoyed the campaign. It took me about 7ish hours and stayed interesting the whole way through.

ArjanN

graywolf323 said:
definitely doesn't seem to be since according to Steam Community I own more games than EviLore :p

I own 1 less game than EviLore...
for now!!!

And I'm also not on that list.

stuminus3

Stallion Free said:
It added me after I searched for myself. I was surprised at my achievement total.
Ah, thanks... I appear now. For better or worse. :lol

A whole bunch of Gaffers in the top 50, heh.

Oreoleo

Notrollious said:
So, GTA IV. Worth getting now at $20 or waiting a possible sale?

Note I have played it before, never beat it, then my ps3 went down and I lost my save.

It's been like $7 or less before. Definitely wait.

Darkspore is pretty fun. I'm wondering if the lack of real stat/skill selection will make it get old fast though. The art direction is top notch although I've only seen a couple of environments.

Probably will just wait for it to go on sale on Steam since I already have so much shit to play.

Rufus

I don't know what people are seeing in Darkspore. I played the open beta for maybe 2 hours and uninstalled it right after... I guess loot games of any kind are just not for me any more.

Exuro

Rufus said:
I don't know what people are seeing in Darkspore. I played the open beta for maybe 2 hours and uninstalled it right after... I guess loot games of any kind are just not for me any more.
I wasn't feeling it either. Got into the beta a while ago and it's just plain boring.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Rufus said:

I *love* loot games and didn't like Darkspore at all. It just isn't any good. You can't only partially copy the diablo formula, you either go all in or not at all.

Blizzard

Banned
speculawyer said:
Anyone got that 'nimbus' that is on sale? I've read some good reviews.
I downloaded the demo but still haven't tried it. If I have time tonight I'll try to at least play the demo if the sale is still ongoing.

Wthermans

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Best Steam Group ever.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamescollectors

Why did it take so long for someone to make this group? Other than the fact that they let people in with only 100+ games (should be at least 500, imo), they seem like some cool dudes that get what Steam is all about. It's about WINNING.

http://i.imgur.com/oO2lU.jpg[IMG]

Sorry if you guys didn't get an invite, it's probably because I roll like a boss and you don't.[/QUOTE]

I got invited. :D

19Kilo

What happened to the Genesis and Dreamcast collections sale? It was supposed to end 10am PST tomorrow, but looks like they've pulled the discounts :(

19Kilo

19Kilo said:
What happened to the Genesis and Dreamcast collections sale? It was supposed to end 10am PST tomorrow, but looks like they've pulled the discounts :(

From the ChrisD from Valve on the Steam forums:
My calendar reminder to pull it down was off by a day. Doh! I put it back up

:)

Kamaki

Are these Dreamcast Collections meant to be any good? Just some kind of weird packaged emulator thing? I'm tempted to pick up Space Channel 5.

Joe Molotov

19Kilo said:
I added my profile to that AStats website yesterday, and today I got invited too :)

Now I rightfully feel like an elitist bastard.

I'm now an admin if anyone else wants an invite.

ZndJR.jpg

Volcynika

ClosingADoor said:
Same in EU. Went from 6.99 tp 10.19.

Btw, is there a reason there isn't a weekend sale up yet?

Sometimes weekend sales are put up later in the day. Or sometimes they are put up Friday.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ickman3400 said:
They give a cd key for their digital downloads? I just want to know before I buy it that I can use it on Steam (yes I noticed it's steamworks, doesn't mean anything if they don't give a key)
Yeah it does because Steamworks means it requires Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom