• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

slidewinder said:
And some of them say "Happy #Potatofoolsday" in the update details.

Could it possibly be something to do with the Indie Potato Pack? I remember that being in the list of Steam Christmas sale items along with the other indie packs, but I don't think it was actually released?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Ball:

theball2011-04-0113-17m82o.jpg

Relax.MX

Two examples

Super Meat Boy Update Released

Product Update - Valve

Updates to Super Meat Boy have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Bugs
Difficulty decreased on harder levels
Better Ammo
Happy #PotatoFoolsDay

236 MB

Killing Floor Update Released

Product Update - Valve

Updates to Killing Floor have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Fixed several map exploits in the following maps:

Departed
Evil Santa's Lair
Farm
West London
Updated mutator whitelist and greylist. See the forums for additional information.
Happy #PotatoFoolsDay!

176 MB

dani_dc

Seems like all games updating are part of the "Potato pack" that never came to be.
Add that to ""PotatoFoolsDay", maybe the potato pack is finally happening?

Edit: I see I'm late on this observation.

Salsa

dani_dc said:
Add that to ""PotatoFoolsDay", maybe the potato pack is finally happening?

I think the joke IS actually getting people to think the pack is happening.

RUSH screencap i just took:

sBv9W.jpg

lol

desu

PaulLFC said:
Could it possibly be something to do with the Indie Potato Pack? I remember that being in the list of Steam Christmas sale items along with the other indie packs, but I don't think it was actually released?

Wow pretty good guess! Wondering if we get a pack today :O.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
add
COGS
Nation Red
to the list.
But they appear to be real updates of some sort - can't play at the moment to check.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Nothing at all seems to have changed in Killing Floor, not even a new potato mutator.

Valve said:
Updates to Killing Floor have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Fixed several map exploits in the following maps:
Departed
Evil Santa's Lair
Farm
West London
Updated mutator whitelist and greylist. See the forums for additional information.
Happy #PotatoFoolsDay!

Disappointing, at least the map fixes are nice.
Ed: Potatoes! Spend 'em while you got 'em.

plc268 said:
Well, Valve has posted weekend sales on Friday in the past when they weren't as consistent with their sales.

It's a bit odd though that we haven't had a midweek sale (and possibly weekend sale), perhaps they're preparing for a big sale? Doubt it though.
Maybe a sale around portal 2's release? You know, for the potential newcomers who buy the ps3 version?

Probably grasphing at straws though

Nabs

Hey Salsa, have you tried the Ogmo levels yet?

Shit, I really though Super Meat World was an April Fools joke, but you can pick the levels/chapters with your mouse. Very nice surprise.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SalsaShark said:
I think the joke IS actually getting people to think the pack is happening.

RUSH screencap i just took:

sBv9W.jpg

lol
If you click it, you get this:
potatocommet.jpg

Joe Molotov said:
I'm now an admin if anyone else wants an invite.

ZndJR.jpg

You can invite me, so I can properly refuse the request.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Lasthope106 said:
Holy crap! What is going on with all the indie title updates?
April Fool's only weirder?

After all, these downloads actually have done something? Knowing Valve, these indie devs etc and the way they work, they have probably put something fun in these April Fools day downloads.

Well, I own most of the games with these updates, so I'm going to see if anything can be found.

Salsa

Stop It said:
April Fool's only weirder?

After all, these downloads actually have done something? Knowing Valve, these indie devs etc and the way they work, they have probably put something fun in these April Fools day downloads.

Well, I own most of the games with these updates, so I'm going to see if anything can be found.

you kid

mojiimbo

Anyone remember if the Fallout 3 DLC has gone on sale before and if so for how much(and how frequently)? I was planning on waiting until the GOTY edition of New Vegas but Gamestop has the PC version which I think can be activated on Steam on sale for $20. Thanks.

mojiimbo said:
Anyone remember if the Fallout 3 DLC has gone on sale before and if so for how much(and how frequently)? I was planning on waiting until the GOTY edition of New Vegas but Gamestop has the PC version which I think can be activated on Steam on sale for $20. Thanks.

Since being available on Steam, the Fallout 3 DLC has gone on sale exactly once. At the tune of 25% off when each DLC was $7.5. It has gone on sale twice on the Games For Windows marketplace twice at 400 points, which is roughly $5.

For two years I've been waiting to get all the Fallout 3 DLC on a sale and it hasn't happened yet. After Fallout 3 was released and more and more games started releasing DLC, and later "Complete," "GOTY," "Ultimate" editions I've made the decision to not buy games until the compilations are out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Maybe it's already been mentioned, but Medal of Honor is $7.50 on D2D. I'm tempted to buy it since it should be 'worth it' for just playing the campaign, but I'm not sure...

I was just playing Amnesia last night, I'll have to boot it up again to see what I can find.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
SalsaShark said:
It would have helped if I had read the rest of the page, yes.

Anyway, I wanted to see what was updated in Amnesia, but then realised that I had stopped playing because the game terrified me :(

Snuggler said:
Maybe it's already been mentioned, but Medal of Honor is $7.50 on D2D. I'm tempted to buy it since it should be 'worth it' for just playing the campaign, but I'm not sure...

I was just playing Amnesia last night, I'll have to boot it up again to see what I can find.
Bah, US only, and the UK edition is £35.

Zimbardo

Snuggler said:

i bought Medal of Honor off Steam about a month ago for $29 and felt it was well worth that.

i really enjoyed the single player, although it was short.

multiplayer is pretty fun, too.

and aren't you supposed to get an invite to the Battlefield 3 beta when you buy MOH? that'd be worth the $7.50 alone right there, imo.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh God, Toki Tori's potato joke...or some reason I find a potato with eyes and wings bouncing to be absolutely frightening.

dream

desu said:
Games with fake update:
Super Meat Boy
The Wonderful End of the World
AaAaAA!!!
Rush
Toki Tori
Killing Floor
Audio Surf
Bit.Trip Beat
The Ball
Defense Grid!?

What are these fake updates?

Did I just get a couple hundred megs pushed to me as a joke?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
dream said:
What are these fake updates?

Did I just get a couple hundred megs pushed to me as a joke?
I'm honestly not a huge fan of this shit either. We've got bandwidth caps up here in Canada, and 6 of my games just updated with worthless content.

But I guess that's the joke, right?

dream

Drkirby said:
The biggest problem is just how big these patches are. 600MB for a Model of a Potato in the ball?

Yeah, seriously. Who the fuck signed off on this?

Watch them push gigs of patches tomorrow to remove all the potatoes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't mind, but can see how some could. Would of been much better if these things were put in months ago and they just push the April Fools flag.

What did Audiosurf even add?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nah, it'd just be better if they straight up didn't do it so I don't end up wasting bandwidth while I'm in my living room studying for finals.

Yeah I'm also not a huge fan of it. I don't have a bandwith cap and I have like 450gb left on my 1TB drive but I'm not a fan of useless shit clogging it. I wouldn't mind the ha-ha's if it was like 10mb instead of 300mb each.

Dipswitch

Snuggler said:

Nice catch. Just grabbed it myself. Been meaning to get it for a while and you can't beat that price.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Snuggler said:

find.
No it's not. Campaign is a 4 hour crash course of everything derivative of COD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom