• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Heavy said:
You're probably right. Maybe I'm just getting a wiff of that new game smell. Some of them seem to have a bit of a cheeky tone (like the secretary you meet at the beginning). Jimmy sounds good, though.

Ah, the secretary. LOL. I made it a habit to try hitting on her every time I saw her.

camerooni

Neo Member
Moobabe said:
I forget the name of the kid - but your friend early on in particular was a low light for me.

I hope you don't mean Gary.. He's pure
socio-pathic
brilliance!

I also wanted to be able to get my Jimmy to kiss him, but it turned out the best option for kissing the boi's is Trent (personal preference :p). Though there is one from each of the cliques if that's your sort of thing!
:D

Joe Molotov

I dunno what it is, but I'm downloading something here.

lMcpf.jpg

(Pay no attention to my slow-ass d/l speed, that's what living in Podunk, USA will get you.)

If you are a whore for the film Aliens or Predator then go my child and purchase the game. It is some delightful fan service. If you don't give a shit about those films, go get good taste and probably don't bother with the game.
This, so many times over. I missed out on it around launch and picked it up on the bargain, despite both series ranking high in my fandom/geekness. HOLY FUCK WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE THE HD BEAUTY. The singleplayer, on hardest setting, is very fun and involving.

Joe Molotov said:

lMcpf.jpg

(Pay no attention to my slow-ass d/l speed, that's what living in Podunk, USA will get you.)
When was the last time you played TF2?
Did you happen to delete any Source games lately? They share some resources.

Joe Molotov

opticalmace said:
When was the last time you played TF2?
Did you happen to delete any Source games lately? They share some resources.

I just played TF2 on Saturday and I haven't deleted anything. I played Half-Life 2 yesterday.

G-Fex

hgHBX.jpg

Man this is the second time I tried to launch Witcher. First time it crashed everytime on start and never got past a few blinks on the monitor to even start the game. I uninstalled then reinstalled and again it's the same old error.

IrishNinja

you know, between The Path and The Graveyard, i get that Tales of Tales is arthouse/kinda pretentious, but i dig it. is Fatale any good? gonna try the demo.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
IrishNinja said:
you know, between The Path and The Graveyard, i get that Tales of Tales is arthouse/kinda pretentious, but i dig it. is Fatale any good? gonna try the demo.
Interesting concept, shitty game. Controls are pretty terrible and it's really boring and tedious. I really liked the art direction and the ambiance though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
G-Fex said:
hgHBX.jpg

Man this is the second time I tried to launch Witcher. First time it crashed everytime on start and never got past a few blinks on the monitor to even start the game. I uninstalled then reinstalled and again it's the same old error.
You did verify it, right?

Also, what OS do you have? Maybe something here can help:
http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9f42hq2g5t82d3beonl1rejue2&topic=2346.0

Or here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

IrishNinja

Jangaroo said:
Interesting concept, shitty game. Controls are pretty terrible and it's really boring and tedious. I really liked the art direction and the ambiance though.

ah, to be fair, i couldnt review either path or graveyard and not say the exact same stuff here.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
IrishNinja said:
ah, to be fair, i couldnt review either path or graveyard and not say the exact same stuff here.
True. I did enjoy The Graveyard and found it to be rather introspective in nature and the least "pretentious art" of all of their games. Fatale is just a mess in terms of it's gameplay and control scheme. If you really find their games to be interesting in concept, than by all means go ahead and check Fatale out. The concept behind it is again quite interesting but I was just bored out of my mind with the game after about 15 min. And that's including the intro segment of the game which lasts pretty long considering how you're confined to one room though I can see why they did it. Anyways, the game is pretty cheap so you might as well wing it since you seem to be interested.

Edit: Actually, I'm rather interested in seeing your opinion about this game because from what I recall from reading the Fatale messageboard on Steam's forum, apparently I just didn't "get" it.

1-D_FTW

Joe Molotov said:

lMcpf.jpg

I had that happen to me a couple months ago where I had a 4.7GB download that nobody else had to do.

shuyin_

Banned
Jangaroo said:
True. I did enjoy The Graveyard and found it to be rather introspective in nature and the least "pretentious art" of all of their games. Fatale is just a mess in terms of it's gameplay and control scheme. If you really find their games to be interesting in concept, than by all means go ahead and check Fatale out. The concept behind it is again quite interesting but I was just bored out of my mind with the game after about 15 min. And that's including the intro segment of the game which lasts pretty long considering how you're confined to one room though I can see why they did it. Anyways, the game is pretty cheap so you might as well wing it since you seem to be interested.

Edit: Actually, I'm rather interested in seeing your opinion about this game because from what I recall from reading the Fatale messageboard on Steam's forum, apparently I just didn't "get" it.
I remember Fatale was free some time ago (an offer made by the devs). Unfortunately, one of the few reviews i found about it made it sound pretty shitty: http://www.hardydev.com/2010/03/25/fatale-exploring-salome-review/ so i didn't even bother getting it for free.

I played the demo version of The Graveyard and i liked it a lot, but i refused to pay 5$ for an extra animation. Apparently the devs said that 5bucks don't give you 'just an animation'; apparently they consider that that 5$ animation brings emotion to the game and i remember they wanted to pioneer this kind of shitty policy in the game industry.
I wanted to ask them on their forum what's the difference from their animation/emotion to something like 'what if an RPG dev doesn't give you the ending cutscene unless you pay 5$ because it's an emotional piece and bla bla' but i didn't ask them in the end; it would've turned into a pretty retarded debate.

As for you not getting it, if it's art it's subjective so you get what you get. If someone tells you 'see, you're just not getting this piece of art' he's a hypocrite snob so don't mind him :)
On the same subject, i remember reading a post mortem of Fatale in which one of the devs himself says that a lot of people 'didn't get it' in regards to the game. Which kind of made me hate Tale of Tales due to their incrdibly retarded attitude :D

Baha

I'm going to pick up AvP and I was wondering if anybody here still plays survivor mode or has the dlc which includes 4 new maps for survivor mode. I'll pick up the dlc if there are people still playing.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Baha said:
I'm going to pick up AvP and I was wondering if anybody here still plays survivor mode or has the dlc which includes 4 new maps for survivor mode. I'll pick up the dlc if there are people still playing.

I'd be willing to redownload the game (already own it) if we find enough for some Survivor or just general MP.

Baha

Alright, I got the game & dlc. Add me on steam (BahaFS) if you need someone to play survivor mode with, I'm usually available during evenings.

Manager

Joe Molotov said:

lMcpf.jpg

1-D_FTW said:
I had that happen to me a couple months ago where I had a 4.7GB download that nobody else had to do.

Did anyone of you change language? For some stupid reason it re-downloads big parts of games because of that.

Joe Molotov

Baha said:
Alright, I got the game & dlc. Add me on steam (BahaFS) if you need someone to play survivor mode with, I'm usually available during evenings.

I'll add you to my friend list, I got the game and the dlc too.

MNC

Awesome price. I'd like to reiterate like a total bitch I got it for 0.99 and it doesn't do it justice.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Sarcasm said:
There is a nice 2 pack deal going on for it.
I might be down on Fri. I'm debating between this one and Anomaly: Warzone Earth for my TD fix this week. There's just way too much coming out this quarter.

Sarcasm

SapientWolf said:
I might be down on Fri. I'm debating between this one and Anomaly: Warzone Earth for my TD fix this week. There's just way too much coming out this quarter.

Alright good game!

mrgone

Gully State said:
Wrekt said:
I wish Steam matched prices like Amazon.
You should try seeing Amazon will match the price. There's no DRM for the retail version (not even a disc check) of Witcher.

Just to add, if you do get this through Amazon make sure you specifically pick up the Enhanced Edition. You can patch the original up to EE, but it's kind of a mess with Atari account nonsense leading into multiple patch absurdity :)

If you can wait a little while, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar Steam sale for the first game leading up to the release date for the sequel. And likely another drop during the summer deal-o-rama (Witcher was $5 during the last holiday sale)

Javaman

CrookedRain said:
Do you still have two spots open? I'd be willing to buy both spots and can paypal you after I get out of work. Let me know.
Sounds good. I'll PM you and Davedion in the morning with my paypal info. Are you sure getting 2 is wise? I'm not sure if you can regift a gift. Then again, I could always send the 2nd one to. A person of your choice.

SalsaShark said:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut was also 5 bucks during the holiday sale on Steam.

Pretty sure it hasn't been $5 since that summer sale last year, and even then it was only for a few hours and then they upped it back to $10 or $12.50. Caused quite the uproar.

Could be wrong though. The last holiday sale didn't really do it for me with all the megapacks so I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom