• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

GreenManGaming requires a verified Paypal account to purchase anything from them. I'm not exactly interested in giving Paypal my bank account details, even temporarily, so would someone mind helping me out with this?

I want Just Cause 2, so I guess someone could buy the game for me and give me the steam key, and I could gift you a game on Steam as compensation? Or any other idea you may have?

graywolf323

oh thank God I have real internet again

stupid apartments Cedar Point put us up in have shit for internet and they block message boards so I couldn't post to GAF :| I couldn't download anything from Steam because the servers would always time out >_< yay for public libraries!

looks like I haven't missed much though

edit: damn it Steam can't seem to connect here X-(

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
rossonero said:
Whoa NFS:HP is something like €12 on EAs store here in Sweden. Anybody know if the cd key works on Steam?
EA's download manager is pretty easy to use so unless you need it on steam I wouldn't let it hold you back.

graywolf323

I already own Hoard but now I just have to find somewhere that has internet that will let me download it :-(

I hate Ohio so far....

nyong

Banned
Pandoracell said:
GreenManGaming requires a verified Paypal account to purchase anything from them.
I purchased Just Cause 2 from them yesterday with my debit card. I don't even have a Paypal account.

Sanic

nyong said:
I purchased Just Cause 2 from them yesterday with my debit card. I don't even have a Paypal account.

I prefer to use my CC on as few sites as possible, which is why I use Paypal as much as I can.

Relax.MX said:
I have a crap conection(Mexico...110kb/seg = 1GB?) and im in work now so i dont have to much time to download before the deal end

9800gt will be fine, but I can't comment on the processor.

edit: Just checked and that proc is better than the one I played the JC2 demo on, so you should be good to go. I got around 30fps most of the time at 720p with all settings at medium or above when I played the demo with a 9800gt and athlon x64 6000.

Enco

Relax.MX said:
Just Cause 2 with a Q6600 and 9800GT? good enough?
I have a 9800GTX+ and the Q6600 and it runs fine.

Can't remember if it's maxed out but it should be ok (the odd slowdown but nothing serious).

Ickman3400 said:
No mid week deal again?? :(

I don't know if it's usually posted by this point, but yea I half-expect that the Potato Sack pack will run through this week too, especially since they don't have a deadline for it. Doesn't mean they won't put up other specials along with it though I guess.

Hmmm not sure if want. Campaigns are supposedly fun going by gaf..only $5...

I'm assuming it has controller support, being a modern game and all? I guess I'm in if it does.

edit: Well, I wanted to buy it but the client's all weird right now. Guess I'm waiting.

Zimbardo

i bought Alien vs Predator back during the halloween sale. i think it was around $11 at the time.

completed the single player campaign. thought it was pretty good. never tried multiplayer since i figured it'd be pretty well dead.

can't go wrong for $5. the single player was pretty cool.

Erasus

Zimbardo said:
i bought Alien vs Predator back during the halloween sale. i think it was around $11 at the time.

completed the single player campaign. thought it was pretty good. never tried multiplayer since i figured it'd be pretty well dead.

can't go wrong for $5. the single player was pretty cool.

Guess I might get it then. Heck my lunch was 5 today haha

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you are a whore for the film Aliens or Predator then go my child and purchase the game. It is some delightful fan service. If you don't give a shit about those films, go get good taste and probably don't bother with the game.

So Bully came in today from Amazon and I've played about a half hour so far and I'm loving it. Controls flawlessly with the 360 wireless pad. Graphics hold up well maxed @ 1080p, 8x AA. The setting is awesome, the story looks like it'll be interesting and it's definitely unique thanks to the setting, the production values are really high (didn't this game take them like 4 years? The credits list in the back of the manual is pages upon pages), the voice acting is great, art is really nice, looks like there's a ton of content, can't wait to dive into this. Kind of feel bad paying only 6 bucks

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pandoracell said:
Does steam automatically delete the demo of a game you purchase if you have it installed?

Most don't, but there are a some titles like Recettear (and a few others I can't remember) that use the demo data and install the rest of the game which replaces the demo with the full version.

Sanic

Snuggler said:
Most don't, but there are a some titles like Recettear (and a few others I can't remember) that use the demo data and install the rest of the game which replaces the demo with the full version.

Thanks.

I was asking because I purchased JC2 and the demo disappeared from my steam library, but it doesn't look like any space was cleared up on my HDD...yet I can't find any JC2 demo files.

Moobabe

Heavy said:
So Bully came in today from Amazon and I've played about a half hour so far and I'm loving it. Controls flawlessly with the 360 wireless pad. Graphics hold up well maxed @ 1080p, 8x AA. The setting is awesome, the story looks like it'll be interesting and it's definitely unique thanks to the setting, the production values are really high (didn't this game take them like 4 years? The credits list in the back of the manual is pages upon pages), the voice acting is great, art is really nice, looks like there's a ton of content, can't wait to dive into this. Kind of feel bad paying only 6 bucks

I don't know about you - but I found some of the voice acting pretty weak which is unusual for a R* game - I forget the name of the kid - but your friend early on in particular was a low light for me. Also I played this on KB+M and wish I hadn't :S

Moobabe said:
I don't know about you - but I found some of the voice acting pretty weak which is unusual for a R* game - I forget the name of the kid - but your friend early on in particular was a low light for me. Also I played this on KB+M and wish I hadn't :S
You're probably right. Maybe I'm just getting a wiff of that new game smell. Some of them seem to have a bit of a cheeky tone (like the secretary you meet at the beginning). Jimmy sounds good, though.

Joe Molotov

Is there any reason at all to get the AvP map packs? I'm guessing the multiplayer scene is deader than the AvP franchise itself.

Moobabe

Heavy said:
You're probably right. Maybe I'm just getting a wiff of that new game smell. Some of them seem to have a bit of a cheeky tone (like the secretary you meet at the beginning). Jimmy sounds good, though.

For the most part I enjoyed the voice work - but I played it after Red Dead so was left a little cold. Loved the game though.

Haha, I was going through the Potato Pack and tried The Wonderful End of the World, not knowing what it was. Derivative doesn't even begin to describe it.

Good fun though, I'm always in for some Katamari action.

Grizza

SalsaShark said:
AvP sale reminded me that i still have to install the game since i bought it forever ago..

15 gigs ughhh

This. Uhh...yeah. It's gonna take me like 4 hours to download this.

Prezhulio

i'm sure i'm joining a common sentiment on this one, but even though i've heard entirely mediocre things about avp, the price is right.

95, almost to 100 games!

nexen

To go against the grain I bought AVP for $11 and hated every minute of it. For $6 less I'm not sure I would feel any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom