• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Snuggler said:
Has anyone been able to run their Steam version of KOTOR in windowed mode? I'm hoping I can just type something into the Launch Options. I'd like to play it again soon but full screen/old fashion resolution makes it impossible for me.
The widescreen hack works fine on the Steam version with a bit of effort and gets you non-old fashion resolutions.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ZombieSupaStar said:
so I got blood bowl and wtf am I doing LOL.

its like turn based (or real time with pause) slow paced mutant league football?

It's the digital version of a tabletop game, so yea it's turn based.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Anyone interested in getting the potato gun in killing floor? You need 5 people to make it work. I should be on pretty much all night.

Steam ID: choppperdave on a PC.

zombieshavebrains said:
Anyone interested in getting the potato gun in killing floor? You need 5 people to make it work. I should be on pretty much all night.

Steam ID: choppperdave on a PC.
Added you, I've been trying to get it myself.

Would anyone be willing to gift me either 1.2.3 Kick it, Wonderful End, or The Ball in exchange for Serious Sam HD 1. I really want to do as much of the ARG as I can so thanks to anyone who wants to trade.

deleted

Can anyone who has Blood Bowl confirm if there is a a Hot Seat mode?
Its my buy criteria. I'm not that interestet in the single player, and I'm not your guy if it comes to online multiplayer, when its not a shooter.
But I enjoy me some hot seat multiplayer from time to time (Oh, the memories of HoMM3 and Worms 2). Only reason I bought Greed Corp, only reason I bought Delve Deeper. And I will buy Blood Bowl if there is hot seat.

hamchan

Zimbardo said:
yeah, just buy games when you want them. it sucks waiting, and you don't know how long you'll end up waiting.

there's still people waiting for Vampire Bloodlines to go on sale before they buy it ...and they've been waiting about 2 or so years since the last time its been on sale.

it gets kind of ridiculous.
See, with Bloodlines I'm not exactly dying to play it. I have plenty of other games to play, so I can keep waiting for it. Even if it does go on sale and I buy it, I probably won't play it for a very long time. Also I think steam's non-sale prices aren't that good. For new releases there are always cheaper alternatives than the steam store.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
xyla said:
Can anyone who has Blood Bowl confirm if there is a a Hot Seat mode?
Its my buy criteria. I'm not that interestet in the single player, and I'm not your guy if it comes to online multiplayer, when its not a shooter.
But I enjoy me some hot seat multiplayer from time to time (Oh, the memories of HoMM3 and Worms 2). Only reason I bought Greed Corp, only reason I bought Delve Deeper. And I will buy Blood Bowl if there is hot seat.

bb_le2011-04-0921-58-3g7s5.jpg

AEREC

ZombieSupaStar said:
so I got blood bowl and wtf am I doing LOL.

its like turn based (or real time with pause) slow paced mutant league football?

It's a adaptation of the board game...a pretty good one at that too, but it shoudl be since it's the official one.

Anyways I would say Mutant League football is like a fast paced blood bowl =p

Arsenic

Ok so I see a deal on the EA Store for Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead for $30 together, which is cheaper than whats available on steam.

Are there any benefits to the steam versions (mods, etc); Can the ones I download from the EA store be activated within steam?

mhznet

Arsenic said:
Ok so I see a deal on the EA Store for Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead for $30 together, which is cheaper than whats available on steam.

Are there any benefits to the steam versions (mods, etc); Can the ones I download from the EA store be activated within steam?

Don't think there are any benefits to the Steam versions and no, they can't be activated.

chixdiggit

Ickman3400 said:
I was actually about to ask you guys' opinions on sanctum. The idea intrigues me but in the trailer it looked a little sloppy, not sure if I'm going to pick it up on release.

Been playing the beta and I like it a lot. I really don't care for the graphical style of the game but it's really fun none the less.

Weenerz

Banned
Probably not the right place to put this, but I have a free copy of Portal to give away, and in return, I would like some ideas for a new forum avatar.

Weenerz said:
Probably not the right place to put this, but I have a free copy of Portal to give away, and in return, I would like some ideas for a new forum avatar.

I suggest something completely original like a My Little Pony gif or a Korean woman acting silly.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I once bought Blood Bowl, tried it ~10 times because I'm a huge Warhammer/40k/Mortheim fan and never (NEVER) understood one thing that was going on on the screen.

Sold it again.

Still sorry about it, but I'm sure if I would buy it again it will be the same thing :/

edit@Weenerz: A glass of Wieners, obviously.
540006_1_1_smallview.jpg

vocab

Bufbaf said:
I once bought Blood Bowl, tried it ~10 times because I'm a huge Warhammer/40k/Mortheim fan and never (NEVER) understood one thing that was going on on the screen.

Sold it again.

Still sorry about it, but I'm sure if I would buy it again it will be the same thing :/

edit@Weenerz: A glass of Wieners, obviously.
540006_1_1_smallview.jpg

The game has a 80 page rule book.

Secks4Food said:
I suggest something completely original like a My Little Pony gif or a Korean woman acting silly.

both.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
vocab said:
The game has a 80 page rule book.
The digital download version? Damn, never thought of looking for that, modern games made me weak :(

Oh great, now I'm struggling if I should buy it again.

vocab

Bufbaf said:
The digital download version? Damn, never thought of looking for that, modern games made me weak :(

Oh great, now I'm struggling if I should buy it again.

well its on their site regardless of version. Steam version includes it I think.

graywolf323

fuck me sideways >_<

haven't been able to get Steam to connect the past couple days so I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall it

I didn't realize it deletes my steamapps folder when it uninstalls :-(

Blizzard

Banned
graywolf323 said:
fuck me sideways >_<

haven't been able to get Steam to connect the past couple days so I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall it

I didn't realize it deletes my steamapps folder when it uninstalls :-(
Yup, everyone enjoys discovering that on their first uninstall. :)

graywolf323

Blizzard said:
Yup, everyone enjoys discovering that on their first uninstall. :)

well thankfully I realized it right away so I'm using Recuva and looks like I'll be able to get almost all the game files recovered

at least it already recovered 15.1GB of The Witcher

it's just going to be a little time consuming *sighs*

edit: shit it's not going putting everything back in the right folders

edit 2: okay I just need to click an option so it would, well take 2 now

Gigglepoo

Is there any talk of Steam offering more classic titles in the future? I've been poking around for older games recently (System Shock, Doom, Giants, Planescape, Deus Ex, and No One Lives Forever) and was bummed to see that Steam doesn't have any of them, and some (like No One Lives) aren't on any digital service.

Echoplx

Gigglepoo said:
Is there any talk of Steam offering more classic titles in the future? I've been poking around for older games recently (System Shock, Doom, Giants, Planescape, Deus Ex, and No One Lives Forever) and was bummed to see that Steam doesn't have any of them, and some (like No One Lives) aren't on any digital service.

Steam has all the Doom games and both Deus Ex games.

Try Good Old Games

graywolf323

Gigglepoo said:

it has Doom and Deus Ex :-/ and you can get Planescape and Giants from GOG

System Shock and NOLF haven't been made available anywhere digitally to my knowledge :-( which really sucks

Blizzard

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Last I heard, the Neverhood and Grim Fandango aren't on any digital service either. It looks like used copies of Grim Fandango on Amazon are like $16, and I don't know if there's any CD key stuff to worry about.

Relax.MX

Blizzard said:
Last I heard, the Neverhood and Grim Fandango aren't on any digital service either. It looks like used copies of Grim Fandango on Amazon are like $16, and I don't know if there's any CD key stuff to worry about.

Grim Fandango? 16dlls? worth it

Greeeeeeat game..

Gigglepoo said:
My mistake, I was thinking I got them for GoG. Is Steam going to add more classics in the future? It's always weird when I look for a game and it isn't on Steam. I just expect every PC game to be there.

It just depends on if the companies want their games on Steam or not or if they have the proper licences to re-release them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, I'll trade a copy of Just Cause 2 for The Ball (Plus any other of the Potato sack games I don't own if someone ends up with extra)

It just depends on if the companies want their games on Steam or not or if they have the proper licences to re-release them.
Yeah, from what I understand, GoG is "active" in getting old games games on their service, while Steam is "Passive" in that they don't go hounding out to companies to release back catalogs, just give the option to do so.

vocab

I haven't gotten the sound to work on Grim Fandango even with the W7 fix. I'll wait for a gog release some day =/ or a remake with non shit controls.

kswiston

Super Meat Boy is death on the thumbs if you are using a 360 controller for too long. Any good alternatives to the 360 pad on PCs?

Also, if anyone is looking for more people to add to their friends list/friend leaderboards, add me: kswiston

I am not particularly great at games, but I like having people to compare myself to :p

Salsa

kswiston said:
Super Meat Boy is death on the thumbs if you are using a 360 controller for too long. Any good alternatives to the 360 pad on PCs?

Dual Shock 2 (or 3 i guess) + USB adapter. That's what im using, cant stand the 360's d-pad and im not playing with an analog stick.

Regardless, SMB is still death on the thumbs after a while, no matter the pad.

TheExodu5

Banned
kswiston said:

Also, if anyone is looking for more people to add to their friends list/friend leaderboards, add me: kswiston

I am not particularly great at games, but I like having people to compare myself to :p

Left hand thumbs or right hand thumbs?

If right hand...then the PS2 or PS3 controller are great. Probably the best buttons out of any controller. If left hand, then I'd probably go with something like the Classic Controller Pro.

Speaking of which, I need to figure out how to get third party controllers working with the game. I really want to get my Super Famicom CC working with SMB.

wii_super_famicom.jpg

epmode

kswiston said:
The official Saturn USB stick is absolutely perfect for Super Meat Boy.

TheExodu5

Banned
epmode said:
The official Saturn USB stick is absolutely perfect for Super Meat Boy.

If you're a kid that grew up on the diamond button layout, I disagree. I've been used to the (on the SNES controller) Y for run and B for jump forever, and the Saturn controller just feels incredibly uncomfortable to me.

kswiston said:
Ya, mostly right thumb for me.

For the dual shock 3, I just need a generic $5-10 blutooth adapter?

Just plug it in through USB and use MotionJoy. The only pain is getting MotionJoy to work in the first place...

Salsa

TheExodu5 said:
Just plug it in through USB and use MotionJoy. The only pain is getting MotionJoy to work in the first place...

Cant you use JoyToKey ? im using that with the Dual Shock 2 (i know its wired but couldnt the same thing be done with the bluetooth thing?) cause the buttons dont map right (using R1 to run and X to jump).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom