• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax.MX said:
I have Borderlands Vanilla but without DLC, ¿if i get GOTY i can gif just the vanilla version?

No, you cannot.

Schmattakopf said:
I decided against buying Borderlands GOTY four-pack and then I scrolled up. You already own Borderlands: Game of the Year

If you own the base game and any of the DLC, it says you own the GOTY, when you really don't. I had the base game and the General Knoxx DLC and none of the rest, but it said I owned GOTY. I bought GOTY anyway (as it was essentially the same price as the missing DLC) and it let me do it without hassle. Now I still only have the single vanilla entry for Borderlands in my list but all the DLC shows when I right-click and check.

Somebody said the GOTY doesn't have the DRM versions of the DLC in it but I doubt this since it shows up exactly the same as buying them seperately.

coopolon

So if you already own base Borderlands and want the DLC it's still cheaper to buy into the 4 pack GOTY then buy the 4 DLC separate for $7.50?

Sanic

Dr. Zoidberg said:
No, you cannot.

If you own the base game and any of the DLC, it says you own the GOTY, when you really don't. I had the base game and the General Knoxx DLC and none of the rest, but it said I owned GOTY. I bought GOTY anyway (as it was essentially the same price as the missing DLC) and it let me do it without hassle. Now I still only have the single vanilla entry for Borderlands in my list but all the DLC shows when I right-click and check.

Somebody said the GOTY doesn't have the DRM versions of the DLC in it but I doubt this since it shows up exactly the same as buying them seperately.

GOTY edition is the same way, it still only shows "Borderlands".

Dr. Zoidberg said:

I noticed that. That's interesting. Well, I already decided not to, so I'm certainly not buying DLC.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
ignatiusthan, Good man. Sent payment and received game

Question of DLC, do I install ingame? Or does it automatically install while I download? Basically I'm worried about the SecuRom. If I downloaded part of it, does it automatically take a use? Even if I downloaded 50mbs

rofl what a fuckup these Borderlands packs have become. since these guys pm'ed me first i'll do this

1. Toby
2. kenssi
3. and myself (host)
4. burgomeister

here's a group of four who are currently trying to find others:

1. Ledsen
2. MNC
3. TheApatheticOne
4. parasight

LegoDad

Mr. Spinnington said:
rofl what a fuckup these Borderlands packs have become. since these guys pm'ed me first i'll do this

1. Toby
2. kenssi
3. and myself (host)
4. burgomeister

here's a group of five who are currently trying to find others:

1. caliblue15
2. Ledsen
3. MNC
4. TheApatheticOne
5. parasight

fixed.... lol

Detox

I'm looking for a guy in the US who will host the 4 pack and I will paypal in advance. I want 3 copies (gifted to me if possible or each to one of my friends) and host keeps his one. I will pay $18 via paypal in advance.

LegoDad

Detox said:
I'm looking for a guy in the US who will host the 4 pack and I will paypal in advance. I want 3 copies (gifted to me if possible or each to one of my friends) and host keeps his one. I will pay $18 via paypal in advance.

I could do that, but I won't be able to buy the games for a couple hours..

shuyin_

Banned
I'm in for a Borderlands GOTY four pack. I can paypal the money tomorrow morning (well, tomorrow morning in this part of Europe, so it'd be night i guess in the states).

Maybe we should add our Gamespy ID's along with Steam ID's in the community thread. I've played Borderlands for 27 hours, all of that single player. I tried playing some coop online but got thrown so far ahead that enemies were 20 levels above my current character.

mojiimbo

EDIT: All spots have been paid off.

I bought a 4 pack and have three extra copies of Borderlands GOTY that I can sell to the first 3 people who are able to send payment. It's $6.11USD after fees through regular Paypal or $5.63 if sent as a gift payment through Paypal. PM me if interested please. :)

Jenks

Banned
Does DLC download in the background with steam?
As i just bought Claptraps DLC and it doesnt show anything in the download section?

Detox

Jenks said:
Does DLC download in the background with steam?
As i just bought Claptraps DLC and it doesnt show anything in the download section?

I think so you can view by right click > view downloadable content and on that note I just noticed you also get a Duke Nukem beta first access or something.

LyR

Banned
mojiimbo said:
EDIT: All spots seem to be taken for now.

I bought a 4 pack and have three extra copies of Borderlands GOTY that I can sell to the first 3 people who are able to send payment. It's $6.11USD after fees through regular Paypal or $5.63 if sent as a gift payment through Paypal. PM me if interested please. :)

send you 2 pm's !

since I'm in germany (damn you university) the uncut version is IP blocked even though I don't have a german account

Would Paypal in advance of course and since you're from north america, is the NA version also multilingual like the EU release ?!

Is it even possible since I heard many 2k games have region specific keys

sorry for being so ignorant, this would be my first time doing this :(

mojiimbo

LyR said:
send you 2 pm's !

since I'm in germany (damn you university) the uncut version is IP blocked even though I don't have a german account

Would Paypal in advance of course and since you're from north america, is the NA version also multilingual like the EU release ?!

Is it even possible since I heard many 2k games have region specific keys

sorry for being so ignorant, this would be my first time doing this :(
Not sure about how that would work. I can hold your spot for an hour and hopefully some European with the game can answer your questions by then.

Enco

I'm up to buy 2 of 4 from a Borderlands pack.

Was gonna do it with Daigoro but with the time differences and him not being available now that's kinda difficult (with a time sensitive sale).

I can paypal the money for two versions.

Detox

mojiimbo said:
Not sure about how that would work. I can hold your spot until for an hour and hopefully some European with the game can answer your questions by then.
I'm in the UK and was gifted the US version. It is currently downloading but in the language options accessed through properties I can select English, Spanish, Italian, French and German. Hope this helps.

Dilli666

Hey guys, I'm in for 2 copies (1 for a friend) of Borderlands GOTY. Sadly I can't host because the game is cut here :(
Will PayPal in advance.

Weenerz

Banned
Finally playing through Magicka, and fuck this is frustrating, dying over and over to some bullshit like electrocution or drowning.

The hell, regular Borderlands 4 pack is more expansive here then the GOTY edition 4 pack.

EDIT: nvm, turning blind. Want to buy the GOTY edition for the duke nukem beta, but I already have the original and three dlc packs, so nvm.

EDIT 2: What is going on here? I have already three of the dlc but it says that I have gotten the Duke Nukem First Access thing complimentary. That's sweet.

LyR

Banned
Detox said:
I'm in the UK and was gifted the US version. It is currently downloading but in the language options accessed through properties I can select English, Spanish, Italian, French and German. Hope this helps.

thanks, I will risk it, and if doesn't work... well then it's my fault

// worked, thank you very much !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom