• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoDad

blackMamba1187 said:
I didn't get it, yet. Not sure what to do.

no idea, never tried, not a very experienced steam user. I think they may be all tied together, and not able to split between the two, idk.

Garou

Since I currently would only have access to the censored version, would anyone from the US be willing to gift me the Borderlands:GOTY?
In return I could offer a copy of Monkey Island Special Edition.

kamspy

grkazan12 said:
How's the pc version of Borderlands in terms of Mouse and Keyboard integration, graphics, and online play?

fixable.

There's a config editor out there that makes it all better.

Not enough wrong to make anyone pass on it. IMO, it's one of the very best games this gen.

Daigoro

question: can you gift multiple copies of a game to one person? if someone buys a 4 pack can they gift me 2 and then i can give away the 2nd copy?

MoFuzz

reggieandTFE said:
Anyone have any idea how this will run on my laptop?

2.66GHz Intel Core i5-450M processor, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and a 500GB 7,200rpm hard drive.
"This" being.....??? Borderlands?

What GPU do you have in your lappy?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Daigoro said:
question: can you gift multiple copies of a game to one person? if someone buys a 4 pack can they gift me 2 and then i can give away the 2nd copy?
You can gift copies to an email address as well as an actual steam account, so they could gift one copy to your steam account and one to an unrelated email address.

Daigoro

poppabk said:
You can gift copies to an email address as well as an actual steam account, so they could gift one copy to your steam account and one to an unrelated email address.

ah ok, thanks for the info.

ill be down for 2 out of a 4 pack later tonight if Enco figures this out with another group.

time for bed.

Sye d'Burns

I own vanilla Borderlands w/ no DLC and it says I own the GOTY. Odd.

I decided to the GOTY just to see what would happen and then booted up my laptop which doesn't have Borderlands installed. No dice, GOTY doesn't show up in the library.

I then went to the store page which said, "...bleh, already own play now" I clicked play now and it offered a 12GB download.

Finally, I decided to check the vanilla borderlands for DLC and the four DLC plus the Duke Nukem access code are there. Without actually installing it on my laptop, I won't know if I've gotten the Pandora Map.pdf but I figure that'd be easy enough to get one way or the other.

Everything else is there.

blackMamba1187 said:
Hmmm.. my store page says I already own the Goty edition. I bought vanilla b-lands at launch and have only Knoxx DLC. Kinda confused about what this would mean if I buy the goty.

coopolon

Alright, I'm buying a Magicka 4 pack.

1. coopolon

Quote this and fill in your names and then PM me your Steam info and I'll send you my paypal account for the $3.50.

Toby

I wouldn't mind hosting except I don't know how PayPal's transaction fees work.
If I just have a regular account, would I be charged a fee by accepting payments?

coopolon said:
Alright, I'm buying a Magicka 4 pack.

1. coopolon
3. Toby

Quote this and fill in your names and then PM me your Steam info and I'll send you my paypal account for the $3.50.

Toby said:
I wouldn't mind hosting except I don't know how PayPal's transaction fees work.
If I just have a regular account, would I be charged a fee by accepting payments?
i'll host a Borderlands GOTY pack, i've decided. if you want in, i just need two other people

but to clarify send payment as a gift or the recipient will lose a percentage in fees

If I didn't have 100 or so hours into the console version I'd totally jump on Borderlands + DLC. Some of the best fun you'll ever have, especially co-op.

I'll never play it again though so £5 is a waste to spend on it to be sat on my Steam unplayed.

coopolon

My bad guys. I didn't realize the four pack isn't the complete one. It actually makes more sense to get the $8 complete pack then $3.50 for the 4 pack and $6 for the dlc.

kswiston

So many people have Portal 1 that I am having trouble giving them away!

For the new page:

2 copies of Portal 1 up for grabs courtesy of myself and Lime. Would appreciate it if they went to people who are newish to steam. Or at least to people who aren't just hoarding games they will never play. Portal demands playing!

Mr. Spinnington said:
i'll host a Borderlands GOTY pack, i've decided. if you want in, i just need two other people

but to clarify send payment as a gift or the recipient will lose a percentage in fees

you have my wallet

Ledsen

I want in on a 4-pack Borderlands GOTY, pay via paypal! Can't host though (European).

edit:

Mr. Spinnington said:

I'm in!

Futureman

kswiston said:

For the new page:

2 copies of Portal 1 up for grabs courtesy of myself and Lime. Would appreciate it if they went to people who are newish to steam. Or at least to people who aren't just hoarding games they will never play. Portal demands playing!

I'm interested if it would play fine on my 2010 MBP? It has the 512MB video card.

Don't have Steam yet, and I was interested in getting Portal for the 360 I just bought because it's only 800 points I believe. But if you are giving it away for free, I would jump in and try out Steam and Portal.

kswiston said:

For the new page:

Can u gift it to a friend of mine (steamID: kwrit420). I've been trying to get him to give gaming on the pc a chance ever since I built his PC a couple months ago. He liked portal on 360, so I'm pretty sure he would play it.

Salsa

Im in for a Borderlands GOTY four pack but with the same condition as before; wich is that i didnt get paid yet so the host would have to wait a couple days for me to pay him/her. This tends to happen since my job apparently sucks at keeping a payday :/, but ask GAF and you'll realize that im good for it! lol

Anyway if the host isnt up for it i totally understand, no problem.

edit: I also have a friend who's also up for it. He can paypal right now and ill send the host his Steam ID.

suddenly too many pm's, i have the following looking for Borderlands 4-pack currently

1. Toby
2. kenssi
3. ignatiusthan
4. Ledsen
5. burgomeister
6. SalsaShark
7. and myself (host)

i gotta run out on an errand, if anyone can sort this list out i'll host a group

kswiston

Futureman said:
I'm interested if it would play fine on my 2010 MBP? It has the 512MB video card.

Don't have Steam yet, and I was interested in getting Portal for the 360 I just bought because it's only 800 points I believe. But if you are giving it away for free, I would jump in and try out Steam and Portal.

Portal's Recommended specs are really low:

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

PM me you email address, and I will send you the game. Gift email will have instructions on registering an account on Steam.

ignatiusthan

Neo Member
Mr. Spinnington said:
suddenly too many pm's, i have

1. Toby
2. kenssi
3. ignatiusthan
4. Ledsen
5. burgomeister
6. SalsaShark
7. and myself (host)

i gotta run out on an errand, if anyone can sort this list out i'll host a group

Fuck it, I'll party too and host one instead.

1. ignatiusthan

edit: for Borderlands GOTY 4-pack

kswiston

blackMamba1187 said:
Can u gift it to a friend of mine (steamID: kwrit420). I've been trying to get him to give gaming on the pc a chance ever since I built his PC a couple months ago. He liked portal on 360, so I'm pretty sure he would play it.

Sure. Make sure he signs into steam if he doesn't leave it running. I'll add him, and when he accepts the add, I will send him a copy of Portal.

Salsa

ignatiusthan said:
Fuck it, I'll party too and host one instead.

1. ignatiusthan

you up with my conditions ? my friend who's interested can paypal now, so that makes:

1. ignatiusthan
2. SalsaShark
3. Morboth (my friend)
4. shintoki

is that alright ?

ignatiusthan

Neo Member
SalsaShark said:
you up with my conditions ? my friend who's interested can paypal now, so that makes:

1. ignatiusthan
2. SalsaShark
3. Morboth (my friend)
4. shintoki

is that alright ?

Sounds good. Thats a wrap! I'll PM paypal info to you folks.

Aaron

Just finished installing Bioshock 2, so I'd like to say FUCK YOU GFWL, YOU UTTER PIECE OF SHIT. Without elaborating, it's amazing how they make every step of their process completely terrible, and yet have the nerve for it to fail and force you to go through it yet again. A process that WOULD NOT EVEN EXIST if this had been a straight up Steam game. Then the update would be automatic, I wouldn't have to attempt to sign in several times, only for it to become corrupted somehow when it finally does complete, and for it to completely forget I already went through all this after the update finishes.

Bioshock 2 will be my last GFWL game. Nothing is worth this hassle.

Ledsen

SalsaShark said:

1. ignatiusthan
2. SalsaShark
3. Morboth (my friend)
4. shintoki

is that alright ?

so that makes

Mr. Spinnington said:
suddenly too many pm's, i have the following looking for Borderlands 4-pack currently

1. Toby
2. kenssi
3. ignatiusthan
4. Ledsen
5. burgomeister
6. SalsaShark
7. and myself (host)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Borderlands bought. I played the vanilla game back on PS3 back when it came out but I'm definitely up to playing again, especially with all the DLC.

I will definitely need some peeps to play with though, I don't want to forever alone it like I did on PS3.

also got Trine + other stuff in the humble bumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom