• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forkball said:
No it's not.

Borderlands GotY: 7.50
Borderlands + All DLC: 12.50

Anything I need to know before I pick up Borderlands?
Over here it's:

Borderlands GOTY: 12,50 €
Borderlands (4,99) + DLC (5,99) = 10.98 €

Burekma said:
Anyone doing a Borderlands GOTY 4-pack? I would be very interested. As long as he's from the US, of course. Us Europeans are getting raped on this one.
I'd be in for this.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pandoracell said:
Just found out two of the Borderlands DLC packs have SecuROM though. Gonna have to think about this one.
Looking on the big list, it also activates SecuROM on the main game

"Borderlands; SecuROM. Is activated upon installation of either Zombie Island or Underdome Riot. Both The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap’s Robot Revolution are SecuROM free, and thus will not activate the inert files (assuming you did not buy/activate the first two expansions)."

Forkball said:

I would go with the soldier class, especially if you're going to solo the game. His special ability is just too much fun. Then again maybe you were just wondering about DRM.

kswiston

I can host a Borderlands GOTY 4-pack.

Borderlands GOTY 4-Pack
1) Kswiston
2)
3)
4)

If you want in, send me a PM and add your name to the list. Price works out to about $5.65 I believe.

EDIT: FILLED PENDING PAYMENT.

Lime

Forkball said:
No it's not.

Borderlands GotY: 7.50
Borderlands + All DLC: 12.50

Yurop.

GOTY: 12,50 €
Borderlands (4,99) + DLC (5,99) = 10.98 €

Sanic

shintoki said:
Looking on the big list, it also activates SecuROM on the main game

"Borderlands; SecuROM. Is activated upon installation of either Zombie Island or Underdome Riot. Both The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap’s Robot Revolution are SecuROM free, and thus will not activate the inert files (assuming you did not buy/activate the first two expansions)."

It's interesting because i've actually played the first two expansions on the 360 and wouldn't really care if I had them here, so it's just a matter of if I want to pay more for less content but not have to worry about extra DRM :p

Lime

kswiston said:

Borderlands GOTY 4-Pack
1) Kswiston
2)
3)
4)

If you want in, send me a PM and add your name to the list. Price works out to about $5.65 I believe.

PM sent again :)

kswiston

Weenerz said:
Since we are getting a bunch of GAFers to the Borderlands family, we should do some co-op when they finish downloading.

Link the Steam ID community thread for those who missed it. Our list is past 50 people now.

Burekma

kswiston said:

Borderlands GOTY 4-Pack
1) Kswiston
2)
3)
4)

EDIT: FILLED PENDING PAYMENT.
PM'd. Hope I'm in.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pandoracell said:
It's interesting because i've actually played the first two expansions on the 360 and wouldn't really care if I had them here, so it's just a matter of if I want to pay more for less content but not have to worry about extra DRM :p
It's 1.5$ more for the 4pack versions. So I might as well pick up the GOTY version. I can always play the vanilla version.

Hey GAF should I be worried? Both yesterday when buying the Bioshocks and today buying Borderlands Steam has sent me an e-mail saying i'm logging in from a new computer. I already activated this computer on it weeks ago.

If anyone is starting up another Borderlands GOTY 4-pack let me know. Otherwise I'll just buy a single copy.

EDIT: Buying alone. Thanks though. :)

Blizzard

Banned
So I just did a quick Google search, and the do-not-automatically-update Steam option not working is not just me. This is the best theory I saw:

Theory: The option may not control whether your game gets updated. It may just mean that Steam won't try to download updates until you launch the game, at which point Steam will assume you're requesting updates be downloaded in the future.

I'm not sure whether the above is true though, but what I've seen so far seems to be that if you set the option and launch the game, or set the option and close a game, it will be reset to automatic updates. As far as I know there is no way to keep limited-time content active (like the Portal 2 stuff) without running in offline mode or something and making sure it works in offline before new updates come out.

It would be nice if Valve fixed this and/or implemented an option to allow you to keep an old version of a game, but it looks like this has been a problem since at least 2009, oh well.

Does anyone have a link to download that Borderlands options tool that seems to be pretty popular? I had heard that it's pretty much a requirement for the PC version.

LegoDad

shintoki said:
Looking to get in on a Borderlands GOTY 4 pack.

How much is it per person for a Borderlands GOTY in a 4 pack?

Edit: nevermind finally found the 4 pack on steam. 5.63 ish.

I'd be in for a 4 pack.

kamspy

Motherfucking finally.

I bought Borderlands retail when it came out and the DLC was always expensive as hell. Guess this is sort of a douple dip, but I'm sure I can find someone to mail the boxed copy to.

denomes

Perfect timing for this sale.

I started Borderlands a couple weeks ago and I am totally hooked. I chose the Siren (I know, not a popular choice for a first-time playthrough, but I'm having fun) and I am about to fight Sledge. Needless to say, I picked up all the DLC.

I have a question though, since a lot of GAFers will be playing this due to the sale: How does online co-op work?

I mean, does it match me up with someone of a similar level/at a similar point in the game? I don't really want to jump ahead in the "story"/quests. If that's the case I just might play through the game solo first then hop online with it.

I'd be game for 2 copies of the GotY edition if anyone can host a 4-pack. I need 3 of the dlcs, so this would be more economic, and I want to gift another to a friend.

LegoDad

blackMamba1187 said:
I'd be game for 2 copies of the GotY edition if anyone can host a 4-pack. I need 3 of the dlcs, so this would be more economic, and I want to gift another to a friend.

If you want 2, I want 1, and shintoki wants one. Boom there is 4, you should probably host it since you want 2 of the 4.

MNC

Anyone up for another 4 pack? I can't host since you'd all have to pay much more because of Euro's.

1. (Host)
2. MNC

:D

Hmmm.. my store page says I already own the Goty edition. I bought vanilla b-lands at launch and have only Knoxx DLC. Kinda confused about what this would mean if I buy the goty.

kswiston

Thanks to everyone for their quick payments!

Lime and myself are giving away our extra copies of Portal 1.

I would prefer to give them to someone who doesn't have hundreds of games on steam already.

First two people who post their Steam profiles and have less than 30 games score a free copy of Portal.

LegoDad

MNC said:
Anyone up for another 4 pack? I can't host since you'd all have to pay much more because of Euro's.

1. (Host)
2. MNC
3. caliblue15
4. shintoki

:D

fixed, as we wait for blackmamba's issues with having the game already.

kenssi

I would like to participate in a Borderlands GOTY 4-pack too, the European prices are such ripoffs :(. Would pay via PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom