• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

Ledsen said:
Well I'm here and posting :p Can't pay though.
:p Want someone who's willing to host.

I'm pretty sure it's cheaper in the US so it'd be best if someone hosts and I pay for the two copies instead of me hosting with more expensive prices.

Sarcasm

Prophet Steve said:
The hell, regular Borderlands 4 pack is more expansive here then the GOTY edition 4 pack.

EDIT: nvm, turning blind. Want to buy the GOTY edition for the duke nukem beta, but I already have the original and three dlc packs, so nvm.

EDIT 2: What is going on here? I have already three of the dlc but it says that I have gotten the Duke Nukem First Access thing complimentary. That's sweet.

Yea if you purchased original before x date you got it.

I can buy the 4 pack of Borderlands GoTY and gift it. About $5.62 US for a copy. PM if you're interested.

edit: MNC I can buy it for your group. All of you have PayPal?

Ledsen

Grimm Fandango said:
I can buy the 4 pack of Borderlands GoTY and gift it. About $5.62 US for a copy. PM if you're interested.

Yeah I have PayPal, also PM:d you. Steam ID is Nevvermore.

Hosting Borderlands GOTY 4-Pack (US)

1. BuddhaRockstar
2. Avellana

Just need two more. PayPal only. Send me a PM if interested- I'll be away from my computer from now until 6pm EST, so hold your horses if I don't respond immediately.

MNC

Grimm Fandango said:

Yes, I do.

Shaneus

BuddhaRockstar said:
Hosting Borderlands GOTY 4-Pack

1. BuddhaRockstar
2. Avellana

Just need two more. PayPal only. Send me a PM if interested- I'll be away from my computer from now until 6pm EST, so hold your horses if I don't respond immediately.
How much is it in the US? It's $7.50US in Australia for the non-four pack.

Edit: Just saw the post above mentioning the price. If there's a four-pack of the GOTY still available, I'll be in. Otherwise I'll just grab the regular one.

This is the third day of the sale, yeah? Any speculation on what the last day will be?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Is Sanctum getting a demo? The game looks really interesting, but I am not so much into tower defense that it would be an automatic purchase.

Nabs

Shaneus said:
How much is it in the US? It's $7.50US in Australia for the non-four pack.

Edit: Just saw the post above mentioning the price. If there's a four-pack of the GOTY still available, I'll be in. Otherwise I'll just grab the regular one.

This is the third day of the sale, yeah? Any speculation on what the last day will be?
civ day

Wow no wonder Borderlands needed an advanced config tool. I went into the normal options and I couldn't find ANYTHING, not even a resolution changer. That's unspeakably awful, it makes Crysis 2 looked packed with settings.

Weenerz

Banned
Ickman3400 said:
Wow no wonder Borderlands needed an advanced config tool. I went into the normal options and I couldn't find ANYTHING, not even a resolution changer. That's unspeakably awful, it makes Crysis 2 looked packed with settings.

Theres a "down" arrow that lets you adjust things, it's just not so obvious.

Weenerz said:
Theres a "down" arrow that lets you adjust things, it's just not so obvious.

Yeeeah I just found that, it wouldn't go down on mouse/keyboard but it did when I hooked my controller in.

Now I feel like a dumbass.

kamspy

Ickman3400 said:
Yeeeah I just found that, it wouldn't go down on mouse/keyboard but it did when I hooked my controller in.

Now I feel like a dumbass.

For some reason they chose to use Page Up and Page Down for almost all text scrolling.

Blizzard

Banned
kamspy said:
For some reason they chose to use Page Up and Page Down for almost all text scrolling.
I seem to recall there being a few odd UI decisions in Borderlands. That was one of the several things that made it janky on release. You can also edit advanced config options if you're good at messing with unreal engine config files. Does the advanced config tool just do that automatically, or does it use some extra magic to tweak settings?

SappYoda

I also want to enter in a borderlands GOTY 4-pack

Damn I am buying everithing in those sales. I hope tomorrow sale sucks

Enco

Grimm Fandango said:
All tapped out.

Thanks for your business Ledsen, MNC, and Enco!
My pleasure.

SappYoda said:
I also want to enter in a borderlands GOTY 4-pack

Damn I am buying everithing in those sales. I hope tomorrow sale sucks
shinshero said:
Id like to jump in a GOTY 4 pack , i can paypal immediately. Cant host though , not in the US.
That's:

1. Enco
2. shinshero
3. SappYoday
4. ???

We just need a host now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Heh, I love how Borderlands seems to assume we're playing with ancient PC's. 480p default? C'mon son.

Look forward to playing it again, though. If I remember right I'll probably need to look up some setting tweaks for FoV and stuff. I'll be on soon if anyone wants to join, my ID stuff is in the community thread and my profile.

MikeDub said:
Going to preload Portal 2 tonight, is there anyway in Steam to set it to turn off your PC after a download finishes?

I don't think so, but what I do as a work around is just set your computer to put it self to sleep after 4 hours or so in power settings.

So I am 99percent sure i am going to dabble Magicka, but i want to make sure its not a complete right off if i dont play a lot of co-op. (Don't have a lot of videogaming friends) Also is it worth it to snag Vietnam aswell?

Sarcasm

arts&crafts said:
So I am 99percent sure i am going to dabble Magicka, but i want to make sure its not a complete right off if i dont play a lot of co-op. (Don't have a lot of videogaming friends) Also is it worth it to snag Vietnam aswell?

The pack is 8 bucks..you get all of it. And its fun even solo.

Quake1028

Quick kinda OT question: I bought Borderlands GOTY Retail from Amazon a few months back during a deal. I have installed and played the regular game, but never used any of the DLC codes that came with it. Could I sell the game and someone else could get full use out of the main game and all the DLC? Not really sure how selling PC games works with installations and stuff.

NewFresh

Said this last page but don;t want to be a broken record.
Does anyone want to trade me a copy of Magica for a copy of Plain Sight?
PM me and I will get back to you tonight

~Kinggi~

Banned
Gees i thought the Borderlands goty was cheap at 24.99 when i got it on steam during the Christmas sale. Apparently there is no limit to the bottom on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom