• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

lolez2matt said:
thanks...

never finished it thought...

not my kind of game if I can even draw a straight line lol

Game was alright, but im using the avatar cause of paul robertson's wonderful pixel art.

TheExodu5

Banned
Something got messed up royally on my system...Symbolic Linking the steamapps directory is now stopping my Steam from loading up. I don't know if it's the slink or some of the files in the steamapps folder that are screwing it up.

edit: copied over winui.gcf and everything is fine and dandy.

Sanic

I backed up all of my Steam games to DVDs. What does steam do when I go to restore everything? Start downloading the backed up games. The restore utility has finished "preparing" Mafia, L4D2, and HL:D for restore and is now downloading them.

What's going on?

Pandoracell said:
I backed up all of my Steam games to DVDs. What does steam do when I go to restore everything? Start downloading the backed up games. The restore utility has finished "preparing" Mafia, L4D2, and HL:D for restore and is now downloading them.

What's going on?
Probably applying any updates that might have happened since you backed them up. Unless it's "downloading" them from the disc. It's been a long time since I've used the backup feature. Can't exactly remember how it goes.

Sanic

MacGurcules said:
Probably applying any updates that might have happened since you backed them up. Unless it's "downloading" them from the disc. It's been a long time since I've used the backup feature. Can't exactly remember how it goes.

I just backed them up over the last 24 hours, so no updates. And I would hope that steam wouldn't restore off the dvd at 100Kb/s :p

edit: now it's forcing downloads of certain games that the restore application has yet to even mention. I'll, putting it mildly, flip if I have to redownload 40+GB of games. I only have a 1.5Mb connection. My DVD drive isn't even spinning!

Sanic

Alright, it looks like the games are installing from the DVD, since the steam folder is being populated with game data, but something is off: it's going really slowly. I set the restore app to just install Just Cause 2, and in the last 8 minutes it's only installed about 700kb of data for it.

This is a fresh install of windows, and Steam is installed on a brand new, empty HDD. Any ideas as to what's going on?

EDIT: Everything is working fine now, it just takes forever. 20+ minutes for a single game to "prepare" to install.

theBishop

Banned
I already own Borderlands on PS3, but $7.50 was too good for the GOTY pack. No choice but to double dip.

Send me a friend request if you got it (thebishop). I want to get some 4-player coop going since I only played splitscreen on PS3.

Kevin

I have a copy of Shadowgrounds available for trade for Borderlands GOTY (I have Borderlands vanilla). Message me if interested.

Kevin said:
I have a copy of Shadowgrounds available for trade for Borderlands GOTY (I have Borderlands vanilla). Message me if interested.

Wow I can't believe no one is taking you up on such a SPECTACULAR DEAL!!! You should throw in Trine and Shadowgrounds Survivor too!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BuddhaRockstar said:
Wow I can't believe no one is taking you up on such a SPECTACULAR DEAL!!! You should throw in Trine and Shadowgrounds Survivor too!
Psshh he wants at least Portal 2 or Black Ops for those ones.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mio Akiyama said:
Humble Indie Bundle 3
You mean the one that someone could just buy for a penny?

Now why will no one trade me The Ball for this copy of Just Cause 2 :/

I have a few extras of Potato games . . . anyone have the Sam & Max Bunny ears for trade? I want those Bunny Ears.
I don't think you are going to get them for that much. The community has place a very high price on them. (They will be so pissed when Valve puts more out with Sam and Max Season 4)

Nelo Ice

Banned
i just realized im only missing 1 2 3 kick it, wonderful end of the world, and the ball from the potato pack

would like em but the only steam thing i have to trade is an unused indie story pack gift from last year since my cousin wont bother to redeem it

Nelo Ice said:
i just realized im only missing 1 2 3 kick it, wonderful end of the world, and the ball from the potato pack
Those two will be hard to get since a lot of people that bought the pack were mainly looking for those two.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
speculawyer said:
Those two will be hard to get since a lot of people that bought the pack were mainly looking for those two.
Has the End of the World even been on sale any time recently? The game is fun and feels like something that would be good at a $2.49 price. Game could really use more levels though, the Portal 2 stuff is a 17% increase content!

Also, respond to my steam conversation!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Kevin said:

How would you even go about doing this? Sending me an .exe? Screw this screwing charity bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom