• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
morningbus said:
How would you even go about doing this? Sending me an .exe? Screw this screwing charity bullshit.
You get a steam activation. I bought two copies so I can give my little brother a copy (And 2 more since they are nice to give away after the fact)

hamchan

morningbus said:
How would you even go about doing this? Sending me an .exe? Screw this screwing charity bullshit.

Yeah that's really really shitty. Screwing over charity and also trying to trade something that he probably bought for $0.01 for Borderlands GOTY.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Mio Akiyama said:
No but I got a game bundle

How did you acquire the Humble Bundle? Earlier in this very thread you claimed you didn't have any money:

Mio Akiyama said:
Money is kind of tight for me right now

Did you buy the bundle for a penny and are now trying to trade it for games on Steam?

I know begging didn't work for you earlier, but damn man don't use a charity for this kind of thing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yo so I loved The Ball's Portal content so I want to bless someone with the awesomeness that it is. First PM with e-mail gets it for free.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
morningbus said:
How did you acquire the Humble Bundle? Earlier in this very thread you claimed you didn't have any money:

Did you buy the bundle for a penny and are now trying to trade it for games on Steam?

I know begging didn't work for you earlier, but damn man don't use a charity for this kind of thing.
It can also be noted 9 of his 12 total posts are in this topic.

NewFresh

I still have 2 copies of Plain Sight (People bailed on a bundle) that i want to trade. For magica preferably but really for anything I don't have.

Also screw those who screw over charity.

Daigoro

Stallion Free said:
Yo so I loved The Ball's Portal content so I want to bless someone with the awesomeness that it is. First PM with e-mail gets it for free.

PM sent. if its gone thanks for the offer anyways.

that Portal level looks cool. not sure what the game is about otherwise though. is it a fun game?

Forkball

So I got Magicka Complete today and beat the first level. Really interesting game, the spell combos remind me of Kirby. Although I have a terrible memory so it might be hard to remember the more complicated ones and string them together. The game has a great sense of humor as well, the achievements are pretty hilarious.

Though what's up with co-op? Literally all but one game had password locks. Is this not a popular game to just join up with strangers?

I bought bioshock2 yesterday and finally had a chance to download it. For some reason I can't get past the securom thing. It gives me a CD key and when i paste it in and try activating it can't. Downloaded it on my laptop and same problem.

edit: Nevermind I'm an idiot, I have my own serial key on the side. Damn time to move the files back to my desktop

Salsa

Forkball said:
Though what's up with co-op? Literally all but one game had password locks. Is this not a popular game to just join up with strangers?

I guess its a weird game to play with strangers since most of the fun comes from screwing up and killing each other. Some random players might take that the wrong way :p with a friend is just fun.

I still get that stuttering framerate issue though :/ main reason im not playing it that much (or getting the vietnam dlc yet)

Exuro

Forkball said:
So I got Magicka Complete today and beat the first level. Really interesting game, the spell combos remind me of Kirby. Although I have a terrible memory so it might be hard to remember the more complicated ones and string them together. The game has a great sense of humor as well, the achievements are pretty hilarious.

Team killing mostly.

Forkball

SalsaShark said:
I still get that stuttering framerate issue though :/ main reason im not playing it that much (or getting the vietnam dlc yet)
Yeah this game seems to be poorly optimized. My computer isn't a graphical powerhouse but I thought it would run at a better framerate (though changing the resolution helps). I'm surprised there aren't more options to change graphics.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if they still plan to bring it to XBLA, I can not see the game running on the system in its current states. Takes far to much resources.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I appreciate your Blizzard-like thoroughness here.
I'll take that as a compliment! =D

On a tater topic, I got my second tater legitimately (used that short song for the first audiosurf potato) by playing the device has been modified. Took me hours to do it on easy pointman, because like other people pointed out, it's really up to chance how many companion cubes the game decides to put in your level. I finally became pretty comfortable with getting reasonable combos with the normal blocks, mostly doing only orange or only blue as the part of the level dictated, and trying to get 70000 or more points by the time the music goes back to the slow part 3/4 through the game.

If you get 70000-90000 by that slow part, and a bunch of companion cubes in the fast end part (I went for only cubes, blues, and lightning bolts), you have a chance at 180000 for the potato. I would have fallen short yet again but the very last block was another cube for me. :D

And make sure you get the clean finish bonus since that's like 30000 points alone.

I'm also up for one. Was about to buy it right now and noticed the cheaper 4 pack price.

PM me and we could do this right now if anyone has got one to sell...or wants to start a new host.

Alright, screw it, I'll host. Only got like 15 minutes to sort out logistics right now though, so anyone who doesn't catch me right now, PM me and I'll sell any extras I have left even if the sale is over.

MNC

Stallion Free said:
Do I even want to try still

OMG Aero

unagisensei said:
Alright, screw it, I'll host. Only got like 15 minutes to sort out logistics right now though, so anyone who doesn't catch me right now, PM me and I'll sell any extras I have left even if the sale is over.

I'm still up for a Borderlands GOTY four pack if you don't have three people yet.

SappYoda

unagisensei said:
PM sent.

shuyin_

Banned
unagisensei said:
PM sent

unagisensei said:

ALL CLAIMED. That was fast. Thanks guys!

Anyone who wants to play some co-op, add me on steam: russbiscuit

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Insanely good deal on Borderlands. Saves me form trying to figure out which console SKUs actually have the content on the disc too. PSN downloads are like a turle towing a pickup truck.

Wark

I'm glad I have held off picking up Magicka until now. Maybe I'll pick the game up for a few friends since it's only $7.99 for the game and two add-ons.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I would join a 4 pack of Borderlands GOTY if there's one available. Or Magicka Complete. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the raw sales if there isn't one.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Shurs said:
What do you save on a 4 pack?

Isn't the GOTY Edition only $7.50 right now?
Comes out to like 5 something and Magicka comes out to like 3.75.

On an unrelated note, would anyone recommended Torchlight over Magicka? It seems like the online and the cool Vietnam add-on give Magicka the edge here to me.

Larsen B

snoopeasystreet said:
Is the Borderlands 4 pack gone off steam? Went looking for there and couldn't find it.

Shame, I would have been up for it.

Click on the GOTY edition and it will show up.

It's not a separate "product" as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom