• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
desu said:
Civ 75% NICE!

Edit, eh front page is saying 75% sidepage thing is saying 40%!?
Well, that was a disappointment.

The front page said 75% yet of course, it's now 40% off. From insta-buy no no buy in a few seconds :(

Civ V for 30$ isn't all that compelling a deal, I just bought Dawn of Discovery and am playing through Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, so I think my dance card is all filled up.

Murkas

Already got Civ5 but never seen the Scenario DLC or what it even entails. Are they worth it at that price? Or is it basically 1 mission and a race chosen for you?

And on the fourth day, Zoidberg's wallet rested, as there was nothing he wanted to buy on sale.

If I won the 2K games catalog on Steam it would be worthless to me as I already own anything of theirs on the service I would want.

kswiston

I really hate that a lot of the big PC Strategy franchises are moving away from full fledged expansion packs, and onto BS DLC that adds 1 playable race and a couple scenario maps...

plc268

Proc said:
dlc worth it? I like civs but never really dove into the scenarios. Are these scenarios interesting?

That's what I'm wondering. I recently got civ 5 for $20, and I might be willing to pay $6 more if the dlc content is compelling and worth the price.

Forkball

I'd hold off on the Civ V DLC. There's bound to be an expansion at some point with all of that included. Plus the map packs are a rip off since you can just download custom maps that are exactly the same if not better.

SappYoda

My wallet is safe
3AQmK.gif

Detox

MNC said:
How much is Civ5 in dollars and pounds during this sale?
$29.99 in the US store and £17.99 in the UK. If you're in the UK you can get it for £13.99 retail and it is a steamworks game.

Firebrand

Forkball said:
I'd hold off on the Civ V DLC. There's bound to be an expansion at some point with all of that included.
I doubt they'll include them in an expansion, since they're already in the GotY edition.

I'd really like an expansion though.

Cheech

Civ V was worth every penny of the $59.99 I spent on the Deluxe edition. Got my money's worth many, many times over.

It's a Civ game, so it's not exactly a risky proposition. I'll still be playing it in 2013.

Guessing the game did very, VERY well judging by the complete lack of insane sales throughout the time it's been on the market. Which is good, and deserved for the developer.

Relax.MX

I dont care, I have no money plus I made a promise that I will not buy civ again ...makes me lose the notion of time and the last time I played Civ4 lost a very important personal event. What was the worst thing? I knew it was late, but I wanted one more turn! again and again...

Civ is like a drug

CIV 5 at this price is worth every penny

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Vyer said:
Wait, so there's a bad Civ game?

Was still considering even at 30, but....
Well, you can either trust review sites and the Civ V OT, or listen to kamspy, who doesn't own it. Your call.

kamspy

Lyphen said:
Well, you can either trust review sites and the Civ V OT, or listen to kamspy, who doesn't own it. Your call.

I played the demo! I dunno. I guess I'll explain it. It seemed like a regression in almost every way to Civ4.

Blizzard

Banned
kamspy said:
Fucking Civ5. Might as well put a bag of shit on sale.
o_O

I bought Civ 5 with the prerelease sale price and did not regret it. Granted I only finished one game, but that's more than I've ever done with any previous Civ game. I thought it was pretty polished, addictive, and well done. I'm not a fan of DLC add-ons but eh.

Haven't they done some patches? Surely those patches haven't made things worse, right?

SalsaShark said:
Lame. Civ V was 20 bucks on green man gaming last week.
Why didn't you buy it then? :p Or are you just saying Steam should have tried to negotiate a cheaper price?

darthbob

jaundicejuice said:
Hmmm, and Ubisoft dropped their horrendous DRM recently too. I think I might buy this.

Just bought it. Screw the Civ5 sale (even if it is a good game, not my style), I'm getting some SC.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
kamspy said:
I played the demo! I dunno. I guess I'll explain it. It seemed like a regression in almost every way to Civ4.
It definitely started off as nothing but a dumbing down of the series without any kind of meaningful use of its new additions, like single unit tiles and empire happiness. But then, three months after release the lead design left for Stardock, and the patches have been very comprehensive. The new mechanics put in place actually work and have punishments. The AI's been improving at a pretty rapid pace, and there should be another sizeable patch coming soon. If it were in the same place as the demo, with turn lag and freezing, and easy exploitation of the mechanics, sure. But that's fixed.

leroidys

I have 150 hours on Civ V and can tell you that its really not a very good game, but it is getting better. I don't know if 30 would be worth it, but you wouldn't be totally throwing your money away at least.

Firebrand said:
Yeah, that was a bit of a weak sale. Still tempted to pick up the Polynesia and Inca/Spain packs though.

Definitely get spain/inca, polynesia is kind of a toss up. The Civ is cool but the campaign that comes with it is awful.

Atomski

Vyer said:
Wait, so there's a bad Civ game?

Was still considering even at 30, but....
I prefer Civ4 so much more. I wish Civ5 would have just been a visual update but the ai and some little things are just to annoying in Civ5. I hear it has been patched but I haven't bothered to reinstall.

leroidys said:
I have 150 hours on Civ V and can tell you that its really not a very good game,

Now read that again.

leroidys said:
I have 150 hours on Civ V and can tell you that its really not a very good game,

Right, so I'm gonna put it up a third time.

leroidys said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom