• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

LiquidMetal14 said:
Comes out to like 5 something and Magicka comes out to like 3.75.

On an unrelated note, would anyone recommended Torchlight over Magicka? It seems like the online and the cool Vietnam add-on give Magicka the edge here to me.

Completely different games.

Edit: It's done, thanks
=====

My friend and me would like to buy Borderlands GOTY edition.

But it's much cheaper in the US than anywhere else.

I'm looking for someone to gift it to us. I'll send my money with paypal in advance, and 2$ extra (1$ for each GOTY) (So I would send 7.5 + 7.5 + 2 = 17$ )

Send me a PM if you are interested. Thanks :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We need to find a host, I can't unfortunately.

Larsen B said:
I'd be up for the Borderlands 4 pack too.
That's 1

mxgt said:
I'd be up for a Borderlands GOTY 4 pack.

I'm in the UK though, does that matter at all?
Don't know but if possible then PP would help that situation.

That's 2

(I'm 3) We just need a host.

I'm gonna pull the trigger on Magicka complete for 7.50, a damn steal.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Comes out to like 5 something and Magicka comes out to like 3.75.

On an unrelated note, would anyone recommended Torchlight over Magicka? It seems like the online and the cool Vietnam add-on give Magicka the edge here to me.

Somone said it already, but they are very different games. Magicka isnt a loot game, you dont level, the game is a lot shorter and best enjoyed in multi.

mxgt said:
(borderlands GOTY is) £7.50

Not as cheap as from the US, but still cheaper than the euro store. From the US store it's approx 60% cheaper, UK is about 30% cheaper (euro perspective).

LiquidMetal14

Thanks for the answers on my comparison question.

Anyone know what the D2D sale will be today? I'm getting Magicka so I would hate to get another similar like game like Torchlight (RPG basically, both of them).

LiquidMetal14

Silly question but I just for Magicka Complete, is it all under 1 game or should I be downloading separate files? It just gives me 1 game at 738MB.

Forkball

LiquidMetal14 said:
Thanks for the answers on my comparison question.

Anyone know what the D2D sale will be today? I'm getting Magicka so I would hate to get another similar like game like Torchlight (RPG basically, both of them).
Magicka is not an RPG. There are no stats or loot. It is an isometric fantasy action game.

Echoplx

LiquidMetal14 said:
Silly question but I just for Magicka Complete, is it all under 1 game or should I be downloading separate files? It just gives me 1 game at 738MB.

The extra content is DLC so right click the game and click 'view downloadable content'

Proc

How long is magicka on sale for? I'd like to try the demo before I buy but if it ends today I'll just grab it and take a chance.

edit: just read that it ends 7pm est.

I'll add it to my cart since its pay day.

Jzero

guys is there a reason why Borderlands is taking so long to download? No other game has done this before
LLShC.gif

LiquidMetal14

Forkball said:
Magicka is not an RPG. There are no stats or loot. It is an isometric fantasy action game.
It looks like that from a glance so I clump them all together! I picked up Magicka anyways, may get Borderlands if I can find a D2D promo code as the GOTY is 7.50 there right now!

HERE - C63434A4-0F38-4CAB-8144-A5D2F18AF6F1 - 15% OFF, got it for 6.38 on D2D.

Doesn't seem to be Steam compatible but I don't care. And you also get the Duke Nukem first access on D2D as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LiquidMetal14 said:
It looks like that from a glance so I clump them all together! I picked up Magicka anyways, may get Borderlands if I can find a D2D promo code as the GOTY is 7.50 there right now!

It's not $7.50 for you on Steam?

Rufus

LiquidMetal14 said:
Magicka is an 'Action-RPG' only for lack of a better term. You control the character with your mouse, like in Diablo (and Torchlight, Titan's Quest, etc.). The perspective from which the games are played is similar as well. Superficial similarities. Torchlight and Magicka are about as alike as any FPS and a First-Person RPG like Oblivion.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LiquidMetal14 said:

HERE - C63434A4-0F38-4CAB-8144-A5D2F18AF6F1 - 15% OFF, got it for 6.38 on D2D.

Doesn't seem to be Steam compatible but I don't care. And you also get the Duke Nukem first access on D2D as well.
You get that on steam as well, it's also cheaper with a 4 pack on Steam

LiquidMetal14

shintoki said:
You get that on steam as well, it's also cheaper with a 4 pack on Steam
I would have saved like 70 more cents with the deal but no one was hosting so I went with this. I have no regrets for the price I paid though! Wish I was here at the right time but being at work and such prevented me from taking part in a 4 pack unfortunately :/

JaseC said:
You got the game? Looking for some people to help me play it on PC. Already platinum'd on PS3 but I'm down for some PC version action.

JaseC

LiquidMetal14 said:
You got the game? Looking for some people to help me play it on PC. Already platinum'd on PS3 but I'm down for some PC version action.

Yeah, I bought it last night. Haven't download it, though. :p

LiquidMetal14

Add me :)

And Magicka, when I go to DLC it says I have to pay for it. I'm gonna try it out and see if it's just all there already.

I see Vietnam Challenges and such in that particular option tree. Is there a standalone campaign thingy or is it the challenges which are the add-on?

Anyone want to play? So many passworded or locked games.

Rufus

It most likely is. The Vietnam stuff is under "Challenges", in case you're wondering. (Did you right-click on the entry in your library, or did you use the "DLC" link in the links section? Because the latter will just bring up the DLC's store page.)

edit: Nevermind.

JaseC

LiquidMetal14 said:
Yea, I should put it in my profile and just add Steam since there isn't a Steam category in the CP here.

Added. That's a good idea, actually. I just used the space otherwise reserved for your biography.

OMG Aero

LiquidMetal14 said:
We need to find a host, I can't unfortunately.

That's 1

Don't know but if possible then PP would help that situation.

That's 2

(I'm 3) We just need a host.

I'm gonna pull the trigger on Magicka complete for 7.50, a damn steal.
How does being a host work? Does everyone else transfer the money needed into the host's Paypal account and then the host uses that to buy the games?
If so I might be able to host.

Enco

Having lots of fun with Borderlands.

It crashed a few times though which is kinda annoying. I made it work with one core only and it hasn't crashed yet but the game runs much worse.

Any fixes?

shuyin_

Banned
OMG Aero said:
How does being a host work? Does everyone else transfer the money needed into the host's Paypal account and then the host uses that to buy the games?
If so I might be able to host.
Yup, i guess that's how it'd work. So, are you willing to host?

OMG Aero

shuyin_ said:
Yup, i guess that's how it'd work. So, are you willing to host?
Yeah okay then.
Three people who want the Borderlands GOTY PM me your Steam details and once I have three people I'll PM back my Paypal details, when all the money is in my account I'll buy the four pack and send it to you.
I'm in the UK so it's going to cost £5.63.

Echoplx

Going by the fact that all these sales have been 75% off would it be reasonable to assume that if tomorrow is a Civ day Civ 5 will be $12.50?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TheExodu5 said:
My username is an e-mail address I don't use anymore. I would I could change it too. =\
Have you tried contacting valve and seeing if it is possible, or not worth the effort?
3chopl0x said:
Going by the fact that all these sales have been 75% off would it be reasonable to assume that if tomorrow is a Civ day Civ 5 will be $12.50?
Eh, I don't think so. 2K has been holding off on discounting Civ 5 to much.

Silex

Well, if 3 people can join right now (and paypal me), I can host a 4 pack.
I'm not in the US, but it costs 22.5$ here, so it's about 5.7$ for each...

EDIT:

That sale is over, sorry. Managed to arranged a 4 pack. :)

Lemming

Silex said:
Well, if 3 people can join right now (and paypal me), I can host a 4 pack.
I'm not in the US, but it costs 22.5$ here, so it's about 5.7$ for each...

Contact me by PM or add me on steam - Silex165.

pm sent.
--
crap though i had 2hrs left :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom