• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Heavy said:
I'm assuming this is wonky aspect ratio for Max Payne and not the correct one?

I put it on 1080p. What's the best res for this or how to narrow it? My monitor is 23" 1080p native res
Yeah, there was never proper widescreen in the game, not even through hacks.

You are stuck with 4:3 or stretched for both games.

bigace33

Bully looks really good on my comp, but the screen is cropped really bad. I can't see all the options. Is this a known issue with this game?

C.T.

xyla said:
They never released on steam in germany. Don't ask me why, but its the same with bully. Didn't release until some time after the other regions. You have to let someone gift the Max Payne Bundles to you from a region where it is available.

Bescheuerte USK/BPjM!

But I actually bought Bully and I see it now as well.

dorkimoe

Someone sent me a gift pass for portal and its not showing up anywhere for me to accept it. I wonder if sending it to my email was different than my steamid. Im still confused on what my actual steam id is :(

LyR

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Yeah, there was never proper widescreen in the game, not even through hacks.

You are stuck with 4:3 or stretched for both games.

most 16:9 monitors have a 4:3 mode

even my 1 1/2 year old LG Flatron W2361V got it, and so do most BenQ, Acer models

Enco

Borderlands is driving me crazy.

It keeps crashing between 10-60 minutes. It crashes during low intensity scenes, high intensity and during loading!

Things I've done:

1. Ran a memory test. Everything's fine
2. Checked temperatures for both the CPU and GPU. Everything's fine
3. Checked the usage % of the CPU and RAM. It's fine
4. Tried setting the game to use only one core. It still crashed
5. Tried closing my anti-virus. It still crashed
6. Tried turning down some settings. It still crashed
7. Tried different drivers (beta). It still crashed

I run the game perfectly with no lag (4GB ram, GeForce 9800GTX+ quad core)

I'm at loss at what else to do.

theBishop said:
Im really tempted by bully. Already got it on ps2 but only played the first hour. Playing in hd would be nice. Does it do widesreen? High res textures?
The 360 controller support is awesome and it is widescreen. The textures are not great but it works because it gives it a cartoon world feel and it is a very cartoon world. Definitely a fun game. I like the way it goes through the seasons . . . you get there in the fall, then Halloween comes and you get to do some classic pranks, Christmas comes, etc.

Enco

Shaneus said:
That's why it was cheap. Faulty game.

:D
Looks that way haha.

It's great fun with a friend but the crashes are ridiculous. My friend has the same amount of RAM and the same CPU but an ATI card. He had two crashes while I've had many many more.

dorkimoe said:
Someone sent me a gift pass for portal and its not showing up anywhere for me to accept it. I wonder if sending it to my email was different than my steamid. Im still confused on what my actual steam id is :(
Tell them to resend it and give them an email address that you have access to.

Silex

dorkimoe said:

If he sent it to your email, it means you should receive an email with a link that activates the game (on any steam account that will launch the link). So it should be in your email.

Zimbardo

Enco said:
Borderlands is driving me crazy.

It keeps crashing between 10-60 minutes. It crashes during low intensity scenes, high intensity and during loading!

Things I've done:

1. Ran a memory test. Everything's fine
2. Checked temperatures for both the CPU and GPU. Everything's fine
3. Checked the usage % of the CPU and RAM. It's fine
4. Tried setting the game to use only one core. It still crashed
5. Tried closing my anti-virus. It still crashed
6. Tried turning down some settings. It still crashed
7. Tried different drivers (beta). It still crashed

I run the game perfectly with no lag (4GB ram, GeForce 9800GTX+ quad core)

I'm at loss at what else to do.

have you tried:

uninstalling your video drivers
running 'driver sweeper' in safe mode
reboot back into regular windows
then installing the newest video card drivers?

newest sound card drivers?

desu

Shaneus said:
How long until the next Steam/R* thing comes up? It's 3am here and I'm debating whether to stay up or not...

Possibly in 8 minutes, not sure when they started yesterday.

bigace33

Akkad said:
I've never had a problem with Borderlands on PC, and I have the Steam version with all except the last DLC.
I have the GOTY edition and it runs flawlessly. One of my favorite games on PC.

Enco

Zimbardo said:
have you tried:

uninstalling your video drivers
running 'driver sweeper' in safe mode
reboot back into regular windows
then installing the newest video card drivers?

newest sound card drivers?
Nope.

I'll try updating my Windows 7 first and if that doesn't work, I'll try what you suggested.

Thanks in advance.

To the guys that have no problem, done anything special? What's your setup?

Enco said:
Nope.

I'll try updating my Windows 7 first and if that doesn't work, I'll try what you suggested.

Thanks in advance.

To the guys that have no problem, done anything special? What's your setup?

Have you tried verifying the game data?

Zimbardo

i beat Max Payne 1 probably like 10 years ago. never played part 2.

i own Bully on ps2 and xbox360 ...beat it on xbox360.

i bought both the Max Payne Collecton and Bully today on Steam.

i'm weak against 75% off sales.

love Steam.

bigace33

My wallet is safe. I have Both Episodes so I am only Looking for GTA 4 to complete the trilogy. Hopefully that's tomorrow. I don't think these old GTA's have controller support and I don't think they work well with windows 7.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I picked up Vice City. I know this is kind of fucked up, but I've never really played it.

How does it run on modern hardware? I just hope there are no frame rate locks or anything like that, and that I can just run it windowed.

No spending shenanigans for me this time. I already own the retail GTA triology (GTA3, VC and SA) and I haven't even installed them. I am thinking of getting Bully, though. I'll mull over the idea today and make up my mind later.

Echoplx

SteelAttack said:
No spending shenanigans for me this time. I already own the retail GTA triology (GTA3, VC and SA) and I haven't even installed them. I am thinking of getting Bully, though. I'll mull over the idea today and make up my mind later.

Bully sale is over, surprises me how people don't understand the concept of daily sales.

Garou

SteelAttack said:

Those are daily deals, the Bully deal is already over.

Garou said:
Those are daily deals, the Bully deal is already over.
Yeah, I just noticed that. Bummer, I was confused since the Bully and MP deals still showed up after the GTA ones went live. Oh well, nothing lost anyway. Plenty of shit to play.

3chopl0x said:
Bully sale is over, surprises me how people don't understand the concept of daily sales.
Why, the snarkiness is much appreciated. Thanks for the info, at any rate.

Ledsen

Does GTA: SA still hold up? I love GTA4 for its graphics, its vehicles, its living, breathing, world and realistic take on the formula, and Saint's Row 2 for its complete meltdown, balls-out crazy approach. Does SA offer anything those two don't or is it pretty irrelevant by this point? Keep in mind that I will be comparing it to those newer games.

I joined steam a few days ago and so far they have taken my money with Borderlands (I just downloaded the 1 hour trial on ps3), Bully and today the GTA games.

Ledsen said:
Does GTA: SA still hold up? I love GTA4 for its graphics, its vehicles, its living, breathing, world and realistic take on the formula, and Saint's Row for its complete meltdown, balls-out crazy approach. Does SA offer anything those two don't or is it pretty irrelevant by this point? Keep in mind that I will be comparing it to those newer games.
The Graphics of GTA: SA are not going to be as good at all. However, it has a better soundtrack, it is a MUCH bigger open world, and it has lots of activities to do. I like the vehicle physics of the GTA 3 series games (3, VC, and SA) more than GTA IV.

So as long as you can handle the lesser graphics, I think you'll enjoy GTA: SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom