• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spwn

Gloomfire said:
So what are everyone's thoughts about what will be on sale the next 2 days?

Saturday: Midnight Club 2 / Manhunt
Sunday: GTA Complete Pack

It's not like Rockstar has that many games available on Steam.

Ledsen

Anyone on the fence about Max Payne bundle, BUY IT. I played these games for the first time last month, and I powered through both of them in three days. They really are that good, and still hold up perfectly.

Shadybiz

Finding it extraordinarily difficult to resist the Max Payne and Bully deals....so I won't. Sold and sold. Hopefully they have good controller support, if not, I'll deal.

Edit: Just saw that Max Payne doesn't advertise controller support, but Bully does. Oh well, I'll manage for < $4.

Shaneus

Spwn said:
Saturday: Midnight Club 2 / Manhunt
Sunday: GTA Complete Pack

It's not like Rockstar has that many games available on Steam.
*sigh* What I wouldn't give for a PC port of Midnight Club: LA.

Gloomfire said:
So what are everyone's thoughts about what will be on sale the next 2 days?

There's actually not a whole lot for them to put on sale.

GTA IV Complete
GTA IV Standard
GTA IV Episodes
GTA San Andreas
GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA 2
GTA

Manhunt (Never knew there was a PC port)
Midnight Club 2

Yeah, so probably a GTA day, unless they break it into 2 days with a classic pack and modern pack and then maybe just Manhunt and Midnight Club day.

Daigoro

i just got a message saying that Portal First Slice just finished downloading. the fuck?

i re-downloaded portal like 3 hours ago and played for about an hour. then 10 minutes ago i just resumed some old games that were paused in my DL queue and that message popped up.

first slice is just the demo of Portal, right? ive owned the game since Orange Box came out...

SlickVic

$3.74 for Bully? Don't know when I'll get around to playing it but god damn Steam, you made it so cheap, I just feel obligated to pick it up now.

garath said:
I'm disappointed Splinter Cell Conviction isn't on sale stand-alone. Even 50% off would be great. I'd snap it up in seconds at $10. I just have no interest in the other Splinter Cells.

same here...although i wouldnt mind playing them

vocab

Anyone got extra copies of The Ball, Cogs, or 1,2,3 kick it that the want to give away? :)

I really The wonderful end of the world. It's a poormans Katamari, but it's still fun. Probably the best game from that company I would say. AaAaAh is meh.

Salsa

ClosingADoor said:
Hopefully -75%, but I'll bite at -50% also.

im expecting lower actually, something like 7.50/8 bucks

San Andreas is the thing though, since its more expensive than the others.

Echoplx

Are there any graphics mods for the Max Payne games? Not that they look bad or anything but some hi res textures and better sky boxes would be awesome.

3chopl0x said:
Are there any graphics mods for the Max Payne games? Not that they look bad or anything but some hi res textures and better sky boxes would be awesome.
Also any chance they support the 360 pad? I doubt it
just bought them

edit- saw the post above... sigh they don't

To this day, I still don't understand why some of these game devs still use SecuRom as their DRM for a game that's based on Steam, which is, by default, a method of DRM. I refuse to buy anything with that stupid SecuRom in it due to past problems with reinstalling the game 6+ months later and the DRM refusing to let me revoke the old license to acquire a new one.

Heavy said:
Also any chance they support the 360 pad? I doubt it
just bought them

edit- saw the post above... sigh they don't

You can easily map all the buttons and both sticks with Xpadder (the game only uses fire, bullet time and weapon switch and use) but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm routinely getting my ass handed to me using the mouse and keyboard. All these modern games have apparently pussified me.

Anyway, the game holds up great and I'm enjoying it. The only thing I'd really like is widescreen support, but it's really not necessary.

dangrib

Loving steam so much. Long time console gamer.

I'm so tied to the controller though. Do you think with the new tv ui controllers will be supported 100%?

Aselith

Anyone having issues going to your cart on Steam? I keep having an issue the last few days where, if I put something in my cart and then click the cart, it goes to Steam Community and then if I try to click back to the store, it keeps pushing me back to community. The only way I can complete the purchase is to click on my account and then log in and go to cart from that screen. It's fucking crazy.

Edit: Actually, Steam just pushed out an update and it let me purchase Bully with no issues. It is possibly fixed. We'll see.

deleted

C.T. said:
Dito. And that guy is Max Payne. I'm from Germany so maybe it's censorship or just a bug? Bought the game uncensored here years ago.

They never released on steam in germany. Don't ask me why, but its the same with bully. Didn't release until some time after the other regions. You have to let someone gift the Max Payne Bundles to you from a region where it is available.

Bescheuerte USK/BPjM!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aselith said:
Anyone having issues going to your cart on Steam? I keep having an issue the last few days where, if I put something in my cart and then click the cart, it goes to Steam Community and then if I try to click back to the store, it keeps pushing me back to community. The only way I can complete the purchase is to click on my account and then log in and go to cart from that screen. It's fucking crazy.

I had that issue yesterday. It went away after a short while.

Try deleting ClientRegistry.blob from your Steam folder. You'll have to update Steam again, but it's an age-old fix for almost every strange Steam issue.

Aselith

JaseC said:
I had that issue yesterday. It went away after a short while.

Try deleting ClientRegistry.blob from your Steam folder. You'll have to update Steam again, but it's an age-old fix for almost every strange Steam issue.

I'll have to remember that thanks! :)

SlickVic

Aselith said:

Edit: Actually, Steam just pushed out an update and it let me purchase Bully with no issues. It is possibly fixed. We'll see.

Happened to me as well. Just restarted Steam and it went away.

desu

xyla said:
They never released on steam in germany. Don't ask me why, but its the same with bully. Didn't release until some time after the other regions. You have to let someone gift the Max Payne Bundles to you from a region where it is available.

Bescheuerte USK/BPjM!
Since this is my issue as well, is there anyone here that could help me out with gifting me a Max Payne bundle? Got paypal to pay back.

mxgt

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Does Bully natively support pads?

I asked about choosing and I'm leaning that way but I want to make sure first.

It does indeed, using a 360 pad which works great.

I'm having a lot of fun with Bully. Performance is solid and got it running at 60fps which is nice.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
mxgt said:
It does indeed, using a 360 pad which works great.

I'm having a lot of fun with Bully. Performance is solid and got it running at 60fps which is nice.
Thanks, will be ready for me to play when I get back later today. Already at 7% and it's only been downloading for 2 minutes.

theBishop

Banned
Im really tempted by bully. Already got it on ps2 but only played the first hour. Playing in hd would be nice. Does it do widesreen? High res textures?

mxgt

Banned
theBishop said:
Im really tempted by bully. Already got it on ps2 but only played the first hour. Playing in hd would be nice. Does it do widesreen? High res textures?

It does widescreen but not high res textures. There's only shadows and AA options in game IIRC.

It's not a bad looking game anyway, holds up very well.

Edit: couple of screens of how it looks maxed (with nothing forced in control panel): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27172044&postcount=3934

Echoplx

LocoMrPollock said:
You can easily map all the buttons and both sticks with Xpadder (the game only uses fire, bullet time and weapon switch and use) but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm routinely getting my ass handed to me using the mouse and keyboard. All these modern games have apparently pussified me.

Anyway, the game holds up great and I'm enjoying it. The only thing I'd really like is widescreen support, but it's really not necessary.

Seems to support widescreen fine? I ran it at 2560x1440 (16:9).

botlite said:
This website seems to have a fix for that.

Thanks!

I'm assuming this is wonky aspect ratio for Max Payne and not the correct one?

I put it on 1080p. What's the best res for this or how to narrow it? My monitor is 23" 1080p native res

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom