• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Spyn Doctor said:
Wow! Thanks for the support and the positive reception of Your Doodles Are Bugged!

Let me answer some of the questions:

Regarding the price: It may sound strange, but I don't know the final price myself yet. This is still under discussion with Valve. But it will certainly be similar to the other "casual" games on Steam. However, it will also certainly not be as low as the 1$ that the Xbox version costs.

But it also has more features:
- 4 more levels in the main campaign
- 25 bonus levels in doodles studio
- the doodle studio itself, which allows you to create your own levels and trade levels with other players
- voice over for the story narration
- Steam achievements
- Steam leaderboards
- Steam cloud storage
- more music

but sorry, no TF2 hat. :)

@Hayric: RPS already got their review copy. Hope they will cover the game.

@Caesar III: I would love to try the game on a tablet PC! That's one of the drawbacks of being an indie, that I don't have a huge budget to buy all kinds of hardware to test on. However, the game plays well with a normal pen tablet, so I assume that it will also work well with a tablet PC. And if there's any problem, I'll make sure to patch it!

Doc

This makes me sad.

Ledsen

Does anyone know how to get true widescreen in GTA: SA? If I choose a widescreen resolution everything is squashed and dwarfy. There's an option called "Widescreen" which makes everything the proper proportions, but it also cuts of a large part of the screen vertically compared to 4:3 :/

Does san andreas have controller support? I'm guessing no but I have no idea.

It's too hard to resist going back to cali

edit: Nevermind I found out that it does support controller but it's very poor support

Shaneus

I seem to remember talk of mods for 3, VC and SA to make them look shit hot. Does anyone have links to them or the threads they were discussed in?

mojiimbo

Ledsen said:
Does anyone know how to get true widescreen in GTA: SA? If I choose a widescreen resolution everything is squashed and dwarfy. There's an option called "Widescreen" which makes everything the proper proportions, but it also cuts of a large part of the screen vertically compared to 4:3 :/
Not sure if it would fix your problem but I had to use an alternate downgraded exe for my Steam version to do 1920x1080. Try searching the widescreengaming forum or the Steam boards.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
speculawyer said:
Yeah, I wish Rockstar would give the PC some more respect. Give us a ports of Midnight CLub: LA, Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare, LA Noire, etc. Even if they are a year later, I'd like to be able to pick them up. But I guess piracy and the smaller PC market have made them ignore the PC a bit. :-(
I beat RDR, but I would rebuy it on PC just to mess around in the world. Something about hogging tie people to railroad tracks.

Since it sounds like mods don't work for SA on Steam version, I think I'll hold out for the retail on another site. Not like it wouldn't be on sale again. Heh. May pick up IV complete collection when it's 10$ tomorrow.

(._.)

Banned
Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Since this thread is titled "STEAM- Announcements & Updates" I hope it's OK if I make a post announcing that my game Your Doodles Are Bugged! will be released on Steam on April 25th, 2011 (Easter Monday).

And by "my game" I mean exactly that: I'm just a one-man indie, no big studio, and I made almost everything in this game myself (except for the music and the English voice over). So even though this is probably quite a bit different from the games that you normally play, I hope you gaffers will give it a try (there will be a free demo of course, so no blind buying here!). Hopefully I'll see you on the leaderboards soon! :)

Oh, and there'll be an easter surprise, so make sure to check out the game during the first week after release!

Check out the game's homepage for more info: http://www.spyn-doctor.de/doodles/

Doc

boxArt.jpg
really fun looking game. will check it out.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So I just got a nice new computer...really want a nice exploration game. Kinda like Elder Scrolls or something. Any suggestions?

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
chubigans said:
So I just got a nice new computer...really want a nice exploration game. Kinda like Elder Scrolls or something. Any suggestions?

Morrowind
Oblivion
Two Worlds II
GTA series (its explorable)
Divine Divinity II
Gothic series
Fallout series
Risen

Shaneus

Australians: The Steam gifting thread is your saviour (provided there are kind enough overseas people to gift stuff to you). That's how I got the Rockstar pack a short while back, due to some kind soul :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wow, Vice City not only has 1080p support but it works with my gamepad. I wasn't expecting that.

oh shit the frame limiter sucks, though

Is it possible to get Vice City to run at 60fps without the game running too fast these days?

This I need to know.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
So is the general consensus that Vice City is the best port? I played the shit out of GTA3 and vice city but missed out on San Andreas. When i tried to play SA i didn't get a very good impression of the port.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I was absolutely spent but cannot pass up Vice City for that price. I'm downloading now. IS that compatible with MTA (Multi Theft Auto)? I re-installed SA yesterday and the app is as awesome as ever. So much better since I last played it 3-4 years ago.

Sanic

LiquidMetal14 said:
I was absolutely spent but cannot pass up Vice City for that price. I'm downloading now. IS that compatible with MTA (Multi Theft Auto)? I re-installed SA yesterday and the app is as awesome as ever. So much better since I last played it 3-4 years ago.

Someone earlier in the thread said that most or all mods made for the retail version are incompatible with the Steam version.

Kinda bummed to find out that you can't get extra copies of games to gift unless it's a valve game, or some other special circumstance. n0b kindly gave me Vice City earlier in the week but I just bought the gta pack and was disappointed to see I couldn't regift vice city to someone here.

Pandoracell said:
Someone earlier in the thread said that most or all mods made for the retail version are incompatible with the Steam version.

Kinda bummed to find out that you can't get extra copies of games to gift unless it's a valve game, or some other special circumstance. n0b kindly gave me Vice City earlier in the week but I just bought the gta pack and was disappointed to see I couldn't regift vice city to someone here.
Can't you just buy it as a gift and put in your own email address? (or a secondary account you have?)

I think I did that once a long time ago... And I just resent the gift when I had someone to give it to? I can't remember now.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Quick question, DRM on Dark Athena Riddick Retail, is it identical to the one on Steam? Where it's 3 install, but one back every 30 days?

LiquidMetal14

Zimbardo said:
as posted earlier in this thread ...Bully needs that fixed exe that removes the 30fps cap in order to be enjoyed.

http://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=13762.0

Bully Version 1.200

framerate is terrible without it, imo.

with patch applied, the game is a pleasure to play. native xbox360 pad support, too.
Yes, this makes the game perfect. I wouldn't call it unplayable at the default though but this is the best way to play. Liking the game a lot already but I want to play Vice City before I go to bed.

Damn, double post.

LiquidMetal14

shagg_187 said:
EDIT: NVM! Steam copies does not support San Andreas mod...
Not even MTA? Glad I got the disc version laying around still. It's pretty amazing what they can do with that app. Make new game modes or just about anything.

Joe Molotov

Stumpokapow said:
Noticed Runaway: A Twist of Fate has a Steam release date (April 21st). Glad to see it, it's been one of the notable recent adventure games not available on Steam!

Sadly Grey Matter has yet to make it to Steam either. I played the German version already, but I'd probably double-dip if it was on Steam.

Salsa

shagg_187 said:
EDIT: NVM! Steam copies does not support San Andreas mod...

What about III and Vice City ? San Andreas at least holds up kinda well to this day..

Also, remember that Manhunt and Midnight Club 2 dont support windows 7, so i guess they wont even bother with those. Tomorrow's probably GTAIV + Episodes. Already own those so my wallet is safe!

Im guessing THQ is next.

LiquidMetal14

Vice City holds up very well even if the GFX had no detail. I'm getting that frame limiter issue where the game runs at like 300fps and seems to fast though.

LiquidMetal14

I've always used MTA and it has improved amazingly beyond my dreams. It's infinitely better than when I last played it. I don't think I ever played SA-MP before.

Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Since this thread is titled "STEAM- Announcements & Updates" I hope it's OK if I make a post announcing that my game Your Doodles Are Bugged! will be released on Steam on April 25th, 2011 (Easter Monday).

And by "my game" I mean exactly that: I'm just a one-man indie, no big studio, and I made almost everything in this game myself (except for the music and the English voice over). So even though this is probably quite a bit different from the games that you normally play, I hope you gaffers will give it a try (there will be a free demo of course, so no blind buying here!). Hopefully I'll see you on the leaderboards soon! :)

Oh, and there'll be an easter surprise, so make sure to check out the game during the first week after release!

Check out the game's homepage for more info: http://www.spyn-doctor.de/doodles/

Doc
Just for the effort of coming here and posting, and also that you developed it with XNA, I am very much planning on buying your game. My 360 is out of commission and I never played it anyway, otherwise I'd get it there, too.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Decided to finally try Steam, I got the Portal 2 + Potato Sack deal. Wow, I feel like I made out like a bandit, these games are awesome. I've spent 6 hours with The Ball alone. I can't believe there isn't more buzz around this game. It reminds me of Portal and also the environmental puzzles of Metroid Prime 1+2, but still totally unique to itself with the ball mechanic.

Salsa

3chopl0x said:
Probably not, 2K and R* are both owned by Take Two so it makes sense that they share a weekly sale (4 days for 2K and 3 days for R*)

I thought about that, but what's the easter steam thing then ? there's gotta be something D:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
sykoex said:
Decided to finally try Steam, I got the Portal 2 + Potato Sack deal. Wow, I feel like I made out like a bandit, these games are awesome. I've spent 6 hours with The Ball alone. I can't believe there isn't more buzz around this game. It reminds me of Portal and also the environmental puzzles of Metroid Prime 1+2, but still totally unique to itself with the ball mechanic.
<3

Salsa

Finished Max Payne, aged amazingly well (the mechanics at least).

Now played GTA III for about 2 hours, was thinking how it was still a lot of fun and all, now i boot it up again and i realize that i never saved because the game doesnt have autosave after the missions, hahahahha
FUCKMYLIFE

benjipwns

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Now played GTA III for about 2 hours, was thinking how it was still a lot of fun and all, now i boot it up again and i realize that i never saved because the game doesnt have autosave after the missions, hahahahha
FUCKMYLIFE
We are really getting spoiled and entitled anymore aren't we. Quick saves? HUH WHAT'S THAT?

Salsa

benjipwns said:
We are really getting spoiled and entitled anymore aren't we. Quick saves? HUH WHAT'S THAT?

haha yeah, really baffling how you gotta drive up to your house and save every time you wanna quit the game, crazy for a PC game. I totally forgot about this and i played through it on a shitty rig when it first came out.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
shintoki said:
Quick question, DRM on Dark Athena Riddick Retail, is it identical to the one on Steam? Where it's 3 install, but one back every 30 days?
Yes, excellent game but sadly it uses tages DRM.

sykoex said:

The Portal Survival level is really good btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom