• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weenerz said:
Damn, bought the Rockstar bundle during the summer sale last year, I want to buy some new games!
Yeah, I wish Rockstar would give the PC some more respect. Give us a ports of Midnight CLub: LA, Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare, LA Noire, etc. Even if they are a year later, I'd like to be able to pick them up. But I guess piracy and the smaller PC market have made them ignore the PC a bit. :-(

mojiimbo

Is it just me or do the colors in the exteriors in Bully look really dull and washed out? I've played it on PS2 and 100%ed it on 360 and don't remember it looking like that. Interiors look perfect, though.

Weenerz

Banned
speculawyer said:
Yeah, I wish Rockstar would give the PC some more respect. Give us a ports of Midnight CLub: LA, Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare, LA Noire, etc. Even if they are a year later, I'd like to be able to pick them up. But I guess piracy and the smaller PC market have made them ignore the PC a bit. :-(

Yea, RDR with Steamworks would be excellent. It would be a day one purchase, wouldn't even wait for a Steam sale.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mojiimbo said:
Is it just me or do the colors in the exteriors in Bully look really dull and washed out? I've played it on PS2 and 100%ed it on 360 and don't remember it looking like that. Interiors look perfect, though.

Yep, I tested it yesterday and it was really blurry. Good game, bad port (still best port regardless).

Spyn Doctor

Neo Member
Hi!

Since this thread is titled "STEAM- Announcements & Updates" I hope it's OK if I make a post announcing that my game Your Doodles Are Bugged! will be released on Steam on April 25th, 2011 (Easter Monday).

And by "my game" I mean exactly that: I'm just a one-man indie, no big studio, and I made almost everything in this game myself (except for the music and the English voice over). So even though this is probably quite a bit different from the games that you normally play, I hope you gaffers will give it a try (there will be a free demo of course, so no blind buying here!). Hopefully I'll see you on the leaderboards soon! :)

Oh, and there'll be an easter surprise, so make sure to check out the game during the first week after release!

Check out the game's homepage for more info: http://www.spyn-doctor.de/doodles/

Doc

boxArt.jpg

Daigoro

Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Since this thread is titled "STEAM- Announcements & Updates" I hope it's OK if I make a post announcing that my game Your Doodles Are Bugged! will be released on Steam on April 25th, 2011 (Easter Monday).

And by "my game" I mean exactly that: I'm just a one-man indie, no big studio, and I made almost everything in this game myself (except for the music and the English voice over). So even though this is probably quite a bit different from the games that you normally play, I hope you gaffers will give it a try (there will be a free demo of course, so no blind buying here!). Hopefully I'll see you on the leaderboards soon! :)

Oh, and there'll be an easter surprise, so make sure to check out the game during the first week after release!

Doc

boxArt.jpg

that looks very cool. congrats on getting a steam release. hope it sells well for you.

TheExodu5

Banned
Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Doc

Congrats on getting your game out!

Just watched the video, and it looks gorgeous.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice bro, just getting your game on Steam in the first place is a pretty tremendous accomplishment. I'll check er out.

Weenerz

Banned
Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Doc

boxArt.jpg

Will you have TF2 hats?

Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

That games looks fun! Like a mix of Crayon Physics and Lemmings - can't wait to try it out

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Consider it bought. The trailer looked great.

Joe Molotov

Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Doc

Do you know how much it's going to cost on Steam?

dorkimoe

Silex said:
If he sent it to your email, it means you should receive an email with a link that activates the game (on any steam account that will launch the link). So it should be in your email.

my account name is an email address so i had him send it there. I figured that it would just show up in my steam window. I had him add me as a friend and see if he can resend it

Blizzard

Banned
Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Hey neat! I second the question about the price, though we'll obviously find out soon enough.

Zimbardo

Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

very cool looking game. i'm interested!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Contemplating The GTA Classics. Can the steam releases be modded? I don't care about multiplayer or really elaborate mods, but I would like to do things like high-res texture replacements, increased draw distance... basically anything that will help the game look better (if they exist... I'm assuming they do).

Firehead

Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Doc

http://www.spyn-doctor.de/doodles/images/boxArt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Heh, Line Rider + Lemmings? Cute. I'll be trying it out!

Your Doodles are Bugged is pretty good. It was only a buck on the 360, so I wonder what the pricing is gonna be for the Steam version or if it includes extra levels or something.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Noticed Runaway: A Twist of Fate has a Steam release date (April 21st). Glad to see it, it's been one of the notable recent adventure games not available on Steam!

Enco

Zimbardo said:
have you tried:

uninstalling your video drivers
running 'driver sweeper' in safe mode
reboot back into regular windows
then installing the newest video card drivers?

newest sound card drivers?
I also enabled vsync and after deleting the drivers and reinstalling, it ran very nicely. Sadly, it crashed once more.

I guess I can try the sound drivers too. Apart from that, I have no other idea.

Shaneus

Sgt.Pepper said:
Venezuelan. So South American region I suppose.
Australians get that, too. Despite the fact that you could buy them boxed for all platforms when they were released :/

I had them gifted to me at the last big Steam sale, though :D

Gexecuter said:
I'm from Chile and i can see the GTA pack just fine, weird.
Maybe it is just unavailable here. It doesn't make much sense either way.

Maaaaybe it is Rockstar related, since I couldn't see yesterday's deal either. I'm probably reading too much into it.

Spyn Doctor

Neo Member
Wow! Thanks for the support and the positive reception of Your Doodles Are Bugged!

Let me answer some of the questions:

Regarding the price: It may sound strange, but I don't know the final price myself yet. This is still under discussion with Valve. But it will certainly be similar to the other "casual" games on Steam. However, it will also certainly not be as low as the 1$ that the Xbox version costs.

But it also has more features:
- 4 more levels in the main campaign
- 25 bonus levels in doodles studio
- the doodle studio itself, which allows you to create your own levels and trade levels with other players
- voice over for the story narration
- Steam achievements
- Steam leaderboards
- Steam cloud storage
- more music

but sorry, no TF2 hat. :)

@Hayric: RPS already got their review copy. Hope they will cover the game.

@Caesar III: I would love to try the game on a tablet PC! That's one of the drawbacks of being an indie, that I don't have a huge budget to buy all kinds of hardware to test on. However, the game plays well with a normal pen tablet, so I assume that it will also work well with a tablet PC. And if there's any problem, I'll make sure to patch it!

Doc

Hoping for GTA IV complete tomorrow. It has to be that, right? Snagged Bully yesterday, and I already own all of the classic GTA games and Max Payne 1&2 on Steam.

Maybe it's a surprise release of Red Dead Redemption on the final day of the Rockstar sale!

Was Settlers 7 included in the group of PC games that Ubisoft changed the DRM from requiring a persistent internet connection to only requiring the internet connection for a check on the initial boot? My Google-Fu is weak. Searches only yield complaints about and problems with Settlers 7 drm. And I can only find mention of Splinter Cell: Conviction and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood having the persistent internet connection drm patched out.

I believe that Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404 also had the drm patched out.

desu

Spyn Doctor said:
@Caesar III: I would love to try the game on a tablet PC! That's one of the drawbacks of being an indie, that I don't have a huge budget to buy all kinds of hardware to test on. However, the game plays well with a normal pen tablet, so I assume that it will also work well with a tablet PC. And if there's any problem, I'll make sure to patch it!

I suppose you build everything on your own without actually using a commercial available solution for an engine? Anyway the game seems like perfect for the tablet market as well, but I guss its one step at a time!

Spyn Doctor said:
I'll give you some feedback as soon as I get it :) Crayon Physics is sooo good with a tablet :) I'm not talking about such a multi touch thing though. I "only" own a thinkpad x61t convertible. This is powered by Wacom technology as well so it should work great.

Oh, it's XNA? Then the performance is important for me as well. My "baby" only has a dual core 1.6GHz C2D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom