• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never played any Max Payne game. How are they?

I must mention that since the last steam update, everytime I launch a game Steam gets stuck for 10-15 seconds. It's starting to annoy me greatly as of late.

LyR

Banned
zoner said:
I hear they patched bully on 360 to not be so broke. Did they do the same for the pc one?

yep, for over 7 months the PC version was even unplayable for me and many others

it had texture loading problems, everything was invisible, and the game crashed always at the second cutscene no mather what (if you had more than 2GB RAM)

everytime I wanted to play bully I had to do following

Here is what I did and it works great. Call up 'Run Command' (window key + r) > type in 'msconfig' > click on 'Boot' tab > click on 'Advance options...' button > check 'Maximum memory:' box and set to '2048' > click 'OK' > 'Apply' > 'Restart'. Enjoy.

but the v1.200 patch fixed pretty much everything besides the sometimes awkward controls with the 360 controller (weird deadzones)

stuminus3

Forkball said:
Bully is a must have if the PC version isn't a shoddy port. I want Bully 2!
As the owner of the PS2, Wii and PC versions of Bully, I can quite honestly say the PC version is the best. If only for reduced load times and it looks much nicer than the "SD" versions.

O.DOGG said:
How is the widescreen support in Bully? Especially the 16:10 aspect ratio?
Native, but vert- like Rockstar games of that era (GTAIII, Manhunt etc) tend to be.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Bully

When I click today's deal I get send to page with a guy with a gun, but nothing else appears. I tried searching Max Payne individually, but it doesn't appear also.

garath

I'm disappointed Splinter Cell Conviction isn't on sale stand-alone. Even 50% off would be great. I'd snap it up in seconds at $10. I just have no interest in the other Splinter Cells.

O.DOGG

So many great deals lately. I think I'll hold off on the R* weekend, as I got a bunch of other games to play, and not nearly enough time to do it. Plus I played through both Max Paynes multiple times already.

LiquidMetal14 said:
2 Max Payne games or Bully, which should I get? I have only enough for 1 of them.

Played MP1 but never beat it. Never played 2 or Bully.

Touch call. Both are good. Bully is more recent and won't feel as dated as the Max Payne games. But the Max Payne games are classics.

Get them all! But I think Bully is better for now.

SmithnCo

Damn, I already have Bully on Wii but for three bucks I can't pass it up. That Max Payne bundle is ridiculous as well but I already have them on Steam.

First the 2K sale, Midweek Madness, the Weekend Deal, and now a Rockstar sale? Why does Gabe want to nickle and dime me into poverty with all of these deals?

Jokey665

quick question: i have the civ 4 complete dealy with the game and the 3 expansions, but which one is the one i should be playing? should i do the vanilla game and then the first expansion (which one is first?) then the next etc., or should I just load up the newest expansion and that will give me everything i need?

Jokey665 said:
quick question: i have the civ 4 complete dealy with the game and the 3 expansions, but which one is the one i should be playing? should i do the vanilla game and then the first expansion (which one is first?) then the next etc., or should I just load up the newest expansion and that will give me everything i need?
Civ 4 is really weird with this. Each expansion also installs with its own copy of the base game. The first expansion is Warlords and the second is Beyond the Sword. So if you just want to play with the most complete ruleset, just install Beyond the Sword. If you want to play the scenarios from the original Civ 4 or from Warlords, you'll have to install those separately.

Colonization is its own standalone thing and the duplicate entries are for the Mac (or PC, I suppose, if you're on a Mac) versions.

Jokey665

MacGurcules said:
Civ 4 is really weird with this. Each expansion also installs with its own copy of the base game. The first expansion is Warlords and the second is Beyond the Sword. So if you just want to play with the most complete ruleset, just install Beyond the Sword. If you want to play the scenarios from the original Civ 4 or from Warlords, you'll have to install those separately.

Colonization is its own standalone thing and the duplicate entries are for the Mac (or PC, I suppose, if you're on a Mac) versions.
Well I knew about the mac versions, I've already segregated those from the rest of my list. So basically Beyond the Sword is what I should be playing unless I specifically want to play the older scenarios. Are they worth it at all?

Jokey665 said:
Well I knew about the mac versions, I've already segregated those from the rest of my list. So basically Beyond the Sword is what I should be playing unless I specifically want to play the older scenarios. Are they worth it at all?
Warlords has some fun ones but you can pretty much play forever if you like custom matches well enough. Alternately you might go with an earlier one if you don't like the corporations or whatever from BtS.

SalsaShark said:
Bully is 3.74USD, correct ?

Rockstar games tend to go even cheaper in regions other than mine, hence me asking.
Bully is showing as $3.74 for me, that's correct.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bully deal is a downright steal. Played it and loved it on PS2, but I never finished the last few missions. No brainer for me, purchased. Of course I already have the Max Payne games, as any self respecting man should.

Thanks, Steam.

C.T.

Sgt.Pepper said:
When I click today's deal I get send to page with a guy with a gun, but nothing else appears. I tried searching Max Payne individually, but it doesn't appear also.

Dito. And that guy is Max Payne. I'm from Germany so maybe it's censorship or just a bug? Bought the game uncensored here years ago.

Salsa

sixclaws said:
It has extra missions and classes. It has the same extras as the Wii and Xbox 360 versions.

awesome, never tried those

time to punch some nerds and kiss some fat girls, awwhh yeah

Shaneus

So if Bully and MP are a part of Rockstar's weekend, what happened to the last day of the 2K sale? Or was that Civ 5 and I was a day out?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Shaneus said:
So if Bully and MP are a part of Rockstar's weekend, what happened to the last day of the 2K sale? Or was that Civ 5 and I was a day out?
2K and Rockstar are partner companies under Take Two.

Shaneus

jaundicejuice said:
The 2K sale was for four days, the Rockstar sale is for three.
I only remember three 2K games, though... Civ 5, Borderlands and... fake edit, just remembered the fourth. The third was Bioshock and the one I couldn't remember was Mafia.

Nevermind, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom