• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuminus3

Carm said:
Does the Steam version of Prey have any other DRM?
Nope!

EDIT: actually on the subject of Prey, if the retail version key can be registered on Steam, can the key you get from other DD services like Direct2Drive (assuming they actually give you a CD key) be registered on Steam?

Nabs

Enco said:
Hey guys, does anyone have a copy of GTA IV from the sale available?

I'd be happy to buy it off of them.

kurtrussell said:
If anybody missed the GTA IV complete collection promo, I have a spare code here that I mistakenly bought as a gift for a friend who already owns it.

Ideally, I'd like to trade it for something on steam I don't already have (steamID - thisisgil), but PM me if you're interested in it.
^

stuminus3 said:
Nope!

EDIT: actually on the subject of Prey, if the retail version key can be registered on Steam, can the key you get from other DD services like Direct2Drive (assuming they actually give you a CD key) be registered on Steam?
Yeah I think I grabbed mine from Gamersgate for a buck and some change, and just plugged the key into Steam. Worked fine.

Mrbob

crimsonheadGCN said:
Was this mentioned?

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68166/warhammer-40k-last-stand-mode

The Last Stand Mode in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2: Retribution will be made available as a standalone title. It'll be released today through Steam for $9.99. The name of the title will be Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 - Retribution - The Last Stand.

This is a good idea. The Last Stand is awesome. I've put a lot of time into this mode alone. Plus you can upgrade to the full game at a discounted price.

Buttonbasher said:
Yeah I think I grabbed mine from Gamersgate for a buck and some change, and just plugged the key into Steam. Worked fine.
Bargain bin retail copies of Prey can still be found. If you pick on one up, you can enter the key and it works (assuming it is a fresh new copy that no one else used).

crimsonheadGCN said:
Was this mentioned?

The Last Stand Mode in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2: Retribution will be made available as a standalone title. It'll be released today through Steam for $9.99. The name of the title will be Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 - Retribution - The Last Stand.

This is kinda cool I suppose but I'd rather they make effort into getting skirmish more accessible. The community could use a slightly larger playerbase.

AcridMeat

Banned
Is the Last Stand mode they're selling the same that was in Dawn of War 2 or is it fleshed out? I put a lot of time into that mode, would have loved some different maps or if the waves would vary.

edit: It's the same, derp.

stuminus3

Buttonbasher said:
Thanks, I think I'll grab it from somewhere then. Totally bizarre that it never reappeared on Steam directly when it's so easy to add it to your Steam library through other sources.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Was this mentioned?

I see Relic is giving Lucas Arts a run for their money when it comes to ludicrously long titles, although I think the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series still remains supreme because they tried to hide the ridiculousness. Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy.

nyong

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Heads up: Darksiders on sale at GamersGate.

10 bucks, wich was the same price as the last steam sale. Key redeemable on Steam.
Darksiders is awesome. Easily my favorite Zelda clone. In fact, at some point here in the near future I'm going to run through on Hard and finish off the Steam achievements. Day 1 for the sequel as well.

Twig

Banned
nyong said:
Darksiders is awesome. Easily my favorite Zelda clone. In fact, at some point here in the near future I'm going to run through on Hard and finish off the Steam achievements. Day 1 for the sequel as well.
YES.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
nyong said:
Some of the achievements broke for me on my first run, but I plan on doing the same as well.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Some of the achievements broke for me on my first run, but I plan on doing the same as well.
Same. I read it's just buggy in general, so save before you get them and just keep restarting until it triggers. Not a problem 'cause I don't care that much, anyway, and I definitely will go back to it again some day.

Man, so good. I can't wait for the sequelllllllllllllll.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
Man, so good. I can't wait for the sequelllllllllllllll.
The final cutscene made me giggle at the ridiculous amount of awesome. Like I heard people say the end was awesome, but I wasn't sure I believed them and then I witnessed it and I realized that what people said was really understatement.

Stallion Free said:
The final cutscene made me giggle at the ridiculous amount of awesome. Like I heard people say the end was awesome, but I wasn't sure I believed them and then I witnessed it and I realized that what people said was really understatement.

Too bad the sequel isn't gonna follow up on it. Such a cocktease.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
YEAH.

FUCK YEAH!

LocoMrPollock said:
Too bad the sequel isn't gonna follow up on it. Such a cocktease.
I like their plans of making us play a different horseman - well, I dunno if they specifically said horseman, but they did say it wouldn't be War, so it's PROBABLY safe to assume it'll be a different horseman (or horsewoman, as the case may be).

Twig said:
YEAH.

FUCK YEAH!

I like their plans of making us play a different horseman - well, I dunno if they specifically said horseman, but they did say it wouldn't be War, so it's PROBABLY safe to assume it'll be a different horseman (or horsewoman, as the case may be).

Yeah, I just don't like the aspect that it takes place alongside the original. Just doesn't feel like a real sequel, but I'm sure it will be shit awesome all the same.

bigace33

Amazon has Mass Effect 2 for 9.00. Quick question, can I activate this on steam? And can I get the dlc for this vanilla version?

KarmaCow

bigace33 said:
Amazon has Mass Effect 2 for 9.00. Quick question, can I activate this on steam? And can I get the dlc for this vanilla version?

No and yes. The dlc is not handled through steam even with the steam vanilla version IIRC.

Twig

Banned
LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, I just don't like the aspect that it takes place alongside the original. Just doesn't feel like a real sequel, but I'm sure it will be shit awesome all the same.
Yeah, that is weird, I agree. Doesn't really make sense to me. But hey. More badass comic bookery in Zelda form, YES PLEASE.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheNamelessOne said:
Just went and bought Darksiders after your praise. Better be worth it! :)
Wise decision. I started the game on hard and got to some bullshit stuff (I'm not pro at action games) so I stopped, waited a month or so and restarted on normal because you can't change difficulty mid-game as far as I can tell so just be wary.

Stallion Free said:
Wise decision. I started the game on hard and got to some bullshit stuff (I'm not pro at action games) so I stopped, waited a month or so and restarted on normal because you can't change difficulty mid-game as far as I can tell so just be wary.
Thank you. But I pretty much always play on normal from the get-go. I too have a tendency to not take shit from games and just quit.

By the way, is there a dedicated thread for "Digital game deals" in general and not just for Steam? If not, there ought to be.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Darksiders is MUCH better than I initially thought. Especially towards the end of the game, it's really going fucking nuts with the mechanics, and that's a lovely thing. Very enjoyable!

Salsa

Mh, i want Darksiders now, but im a few bucks short.

Anyone wanna help me out ? i can trade for a copy of a Valve game since i got some extras from the Valve Complete Pack.

edit: or just pay you back as soon as i put more money on my CC

Echoplx

Shaneus said:
I *bet* you can't buy it in Australia.
Edit: BAM, Country restricted on your IP. Not like I needed another game anyway, but still...

Error: Empire: Total War is Country restricted on your IP.

:(

Kerrinck

SalsaShark said:

Anyone wanna help me out ? i can trade for a copy of a Valve game since i got some extras from the Valve Complete Pack.

I can help ya out.
Either way would be fine although I probably have most of the Valve games.
My steam id is Kerrick84, you probably have me on your list since I remember doing this for you before.

Relax.MX

SalsaShark said:

My friend you need a new job...jaja always is the same with all the sales...

PD: Animo amigo...tengo entendido que eres latino no? yo soy mexicano...

So I just got some steam error popup or something when I turned my computer on saying something like "your account credentials have expired". I've never seen this before and I get paranoid with potential problems that may or may not lead to virus' or hacking or whatever. It's probably just an error but I want to double check first before I put my password in.

Does anyone know what this is?

Ickman3400 said:
So I just got some steam error popup or something when I turned my computer on saying something like "your account credentials have expired". I've never seen this before and I get paranoid with potential problems that may or may not lead to virus' or hacking or whatever. It's probably just an error but I want to double check first before I put my password in.

Does anyone know what this is?
Are you in offline mode? If so you have to go online.

LovingSteam said:
Are you in offline mode? If so you have to go online.

Nah I have it set to auto log in when I turn my computer on and my internet is working. I'm guessing (hoping is probably more accurate) that it's just a temporary error and I just need to relog.

edit: Found a topic on the steam forums about it. I guess it happens every once and a while if you stay logged in a long time and don't do a fresh log in. It doesn't seem to be anything to worry about thankfully.

Salsa

Relax.MX said:
My friend you need a new job...jaja always is the same with all the sales...

PD: Animo amigo...tengo entendido que eres latino no? yo soy mexicano...

I know right :/ i definetly need something with less sporadic payment, lol.

Saludos desde Uruguay! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom