• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Few things, how does the DRM on Crysis work again. Isn't there some Revoke tools that only work on one and not the other? And is it by machine based or just 5 installs?

2nd, for fun. I decided to tally my up complete purchases on Steam. List and all, and yes, I love doing things like this heh. First purchase was in Nov 2009, so about a year and a half ago.

Total: 273.19$
Games listed: 170
Actual Games(No mods, freebies,H.bundle, dlc, or And Sega Genesis Collection as 1): 77
Games I've put more than 1 hour into: 16

And of course the favorites: Killing Floor(168.7 Hours played) and Mount and Blade: Warband(30.6 Hours Played)

radeonxt

NO Easter Special discounts this year in steam?

EA Store in spain has disposed a 50% discount and a 25% code:

http://goo.gl/fb/IJmZD

I was waiting for steam promos :(

Is it true that we will have metro 2033 at 5 pounds tomorrow in gamersgate?

Sorry about my english.

Sanic

I really hope we have an easter sale that hopefully includes the Valve complete pack. I'm missing a sizable chunk of their catalog.

kamspy

Ickman3400 said:
Nah I have it set to auto log in when I turn my computer on and my internet is working. I'm guessing (hoping is probably more accurate) that it's just a temporary error and I just need to relog.

edit: Found a topic on the steam forums about it. I guess it happens every once and a while if you stay logged in a long time and don't do a fresh log in. It doesn't seem to be anything to worry about thankfully.

Turn off SteamGuard.

PR:

Fable III for Windows to be available via Steam at Launch
Choice has always played an important role in the world of “Fable,” and PC fans will have even more choices than ever, without the consequence. Microsoft Game Studios and Lionhead are happy to announce that “Fable III” for Windows will be available through Valve Corporation’s Steam distribution platform, in addition to Games for Windows Marketplace and in retail stores simultaneously.

“Fable III” will be available for pre-order on both Steam and Games for Windows Marketplace starting 21 April. Fans who pre-order through Games for Windows Marketplace will receive “Fable: Lost Chapters” – the start of the Fable saga - for free! And those who purchase on Steam will receive the Rebel's Weapon & Tattoo Pack, a collection of four exclusive weapons and five exclusive tattoo sets to customize their rebel hero.

Fans can also purchase the game in all three locations at launch on 20 May for £34.99 (ERP).

No matter how players decide to purchase “Fable III,” they will have access to the same exciting content as Xbox 360 players, including riveting Game Add-ons like Traitor’s Keep, in addition to new features like a more challenging “Hardcore” mode and 3-D functionality.

:)

DirtRiver

radeonxt said:
NO Easter Special discounts this year in steam?

EA Store in spain has disposed a 50% discount and a 25% code:

http://goo.gl/fb/IJmZD

Any chance people from, say Portugal, can buy games in the spanish store?

Portuguese game prices have always been ridiculous. Medal of Honor: Airborne for 27 euros? Hilarious.

kswiston

Been a while since I tallied my Steam account. So following shintoki:

kswiston's Steam Account:

Total game count listed in Steam Profile: 325
Total game count subtracting Genesis Collection, DLC, expansions, etc: 222
Total games I have played at least 1 hour of: 51... (although I have played/beaten a decent number of my games on PC or Consoles previously. Steam Double dipping FTW)

First Purchase: Audiosurf for $2.50, November 4, 2008
Total Spent to date: $1043.32 (only counts my share of the 2,4,8-packs that I have hosted)
Steamcalculator.com value for my Account: $2834.79
Number of PC games I have paid full retail price for (not counting $5-15 indie titles): 1, Mass Effect 2
Number of games I have paid $30+ for: 7
Average Price per game: $4.70

Number of gift games purchased: 30 (not counting things people paid me for)
Total Spent on Gifts: $137.24
Average price per gift game: $4.57

kswiston said:
Been a while since I tallied my Steam account. So following shintoki:

kswiston's Steam Account:

Total game count listed in Steam Profile: 325
Total game count subtracting Genesis Collection, DLC, expansions, etc: 222
Total games I have played at least 1 hour of: 51... (although I have played/beaten a decent number of my games on PC or Consoles previously. Steam Double dipping FTW)

First Purchase: Audiosurf for $2.50, November 4, 2008
Total Spent to date: $1043.32 (only counts my share of the 2,4,8-packs that I have hosted)
Steamcalculator.com value for my Account: $2834.79
Number of PC games I have paid full retail price for (not counting $5-15 indie titles): 1, Mass Effect 2
Number of games I have paid $30+ for: 7
Average Price per game: $4.70

Number of gift games purchased: 30 (not counting things people paid me for)
Total Spent on Gifts: $137.24
Average price per gift game: $4.57

Is there a place you can check to see how much you've spent on steam not how much your games are worth?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alright, just crunched the numbers and apparently I have spent one million dollars on every game on Steam and played for a total of 3 million hours.

kswiston

mikespit1200 said:
Is there a place you can check to see how much you've spent on steam not how much your games are worth?

On the store page, click the drop down menu for your account at the top of the page. Select Account details. When the page loads, click on Store transactions. Unfortunately I had to add up the transactions manually. Not sure if there is a quicker way to do that part.

Anyhow, $1000 is not bad for over 200 games, I'd say. In Canada, I would have been able to buy 15 console games at full price for that money after taxes.

I just want to play Bioshock 2, MS. That is all I want right now.

You know, going from Portal 2 to Bioshock 2 (or any GFWL) is akin to some kind of sick, sadistic torture.

kswiston

Netrunner2k2 said:
I just want to play Bioshock 2, MS. That is all I want right now.

You know, going from Portal 2 to Bioshock 2 (or any GFWL) is akin to some kind of sick, sadistic torture.

Bioshock 2 was especially bad. I didn't have nearly as many issues with Dawn of War 2 or Street Fighter 4.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TheExodu5 said:
I couldn't figure out the total on mine. I can't remember what I paid for a lot of these games.
The thing only goes back to 2008, but in Steam click the thing in the upper right that says <your name>'s account, and it is all right there. Then tally by hand.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just installed a new partition with Windows 7. I have my Steam games in other two different partitions and I think I made the little mistake of installing Steam on the current Win partition instead of using an older one. Can I just copy and paste the files I have from the other installation to the new one and then use the Steam Linker program to move between partitions? Can this be done?

nexen

Ifrit said:
I haven't had any either, but I don't have many games that use it
I've only had one - Shadowrun was stuck in an infinite update loop that took some creative thinking to solve.
That and I dislike having to constantly sign in. It should be better integrated into Windows. Other than that I really like it.
Please don't shoot me

stuminus3

Stallion Free said:
Alright, just crunched the numbers and apparently I have spent one million dollars on every game on Steam and played for a total of 3 million hours.
1.3 million dollars, 4 million hours. Suck it down!

nexen said:
I've only had one - Shadowrun was stuck in an infinite update loop that took some creative thinking to solve.
That and I dislike having to constantly sign in. It should be better integrated into Windows. Other than that I really like it.
Please don't shoot me
Yeah I had the same problem with Shadowrun... Viva Pinata, too. I can't remember how I fixed it, but it was something to do with them being the first GFWL games.

Zizbuka

Banned
Relix said:
I just installed a new partition with Windows 7. I have my Steam games in other two different partitions and I think I made the little mistake of installing Steam on the current Win partition instead of using an older one. Can I just copy and paste the files I have from the other installation to the new one and then use the Steam Linker program to move between partitions? Can this be done?

I did the same thing, had Steam in C:\games\Steam, moved it to D:\Steam. No problems. I did delete ClientRegistry.blob in the Steam directory so it would update. Should work no problem.

LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, it's not like they worked their asses off for 7 years making the game. And it's not like it will run flawlessly or looks great or anything.

Some nerve!

My ass, $50 or sale. Charge the console people $60.

kamspy

No problem with Rage being $60. It's not the right price for every game, but there are some that warrant a higher price.

Spyn Doctor

Neo Member
Spyn Doctor said:
Hi!

Since this thread is titled "STEAM- Announcements & Updates" I hope it's OK if I make a post announcing that my game Your Doodles Are Bugged! will be released on Steam on April 25th, 2011 (Easter Monday).

And by "my game" I mean exactly that: I'm just a one-man indie, no big studio, and I made almost everything in this game myself (except for the music and the English voice over). So even though this is probably quite a bit different from the games that you normally play, I hope you gaffers will give it a try (there will be a free demo of course, so no blind buying here!). Hopefully I'll see you on the leaderboards soon! :)

Oh, and there'll be an easter surprise, so make sure to check out the game during the first week after release!

Check out the game's homepage for more info: http://www.spyn-doctor.de/doodles/

Doc

boxArt.jpg

Hi again!

Some of you asked about the price for the game, which I couldn't answer at the time, since I didn't know myself.

But now I got confirmation back from Valve regarding the price. The game will be released at the following price points:

$9.99, €7.99 and £6.99

Doc

desu

Spyn Doctor said:
Hi again!

Some of you asked about the price for the game, which I couldn't answer at the time, since I didn't know myself.

But now I got confirmation back from Valve regarding the price. The game will be released at the following price points:

$9.99, €7.99 and £6.99

Doc

Hey there,

I suppose its not possible to preorder smaller games? Was about to preorder a copy for my gf right away but didn't see it on steam yet.

epmode

kswiston said:
I'm guessing we can look forward to Skyrim being $59.99 as well.
Then they can look forward to me waiting for a sale. Blizzard games are where I draw the line for $60 PC stuff.

I saw RAGE at PAX. I like the focus on 60 FPS but was otherwise not interested.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Spyn Doctor said:
Hi again!

$9.99, €7.99 and £6.99

Doc
quick question, is this going to support 1080p full screen? It looks like the kind of game that I will generally be playing windowed, but it is nice to have fullscreen 1080p support and its an area that a lot of indie titles are lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom