• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

3chopl0x said:
No new sale at all D:
Oh no! I can't buy a game that I'll probably never really play despite getting hyped when downloading it and enjoying my first 30 minute session. Exit game, never touch again :p.

desu

Ickman3400 said:
There should be a sale every day just to get us pumped up.

and inevitably let down when 7/10 are indie games

Quite a few of them which I dont have yet, wouldnt mind :p.

jaundicejuice said:
Has anyone heard of this game? It doesn't look half bad, saw it while poking around the storefront.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/99400/

Hack n' slash looking action game from an indie developer, Dead Mage. Steam Cheesemints, and controller support.

Trailer youtube'd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhFvMS6nmVU

That actually looked really impressive even though it was god of war basically. My first thought was "is this from gameloft?" :p

Regardless it does look interesting and I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.

desu

Rodney McKay said:
I just want Wolfenstein to go on sale. The game came out YEARS ago and it's still $40!

I would also like Prey to be available on Steam again. :(

Uhm since its a steam works title, you get a key somewhere else for cheap? In the christmas time I bought a Prey key for like 3$?

You really, really don't want Wolfenstein, you'd probably be better off replaying Return for the umpteenth time, trust me, it's just better that way.

jaundicejuice said:
Has anyone heard of this game? It doesn't look half bad, saw it while poking around the storefront.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/99400/

Hack n' slash looking action game from an indie developer, Dead Mage. Steam Cheesemints, and controller support.

Trailer youtube'd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhFvMS6nmVU

Oh yeah, that's the Iranian game. They had to make everything using freeware. It's actually a pretty decent GOW knockoff.

About the sales, don't worry guys, I'm sure tomorrow and Thursday we can still give Gabe money for stuff we'll never play.

plc268

LocoMrPollock said:
Oh yeah, that's the Iranian game. They had to make everything using freeware. It's actually a pretty decent GOW knockoff.

About the sales, don't worry guys, I'm sure tomorrow and Thursday we can still give Gabe money for stuff we'll never play.

Oh yea, I remember hearing about that. Weird thing is, is that Steam lists that Dead Mage Studios made the game (they're based in Pasadena, Tx), but they were actually collaborators, and that Fanafzar (from Iran) made the game. Or maybe I'm just confused.

scitek

Rodney McKay said:
I just want Wolfenstein to go on sale. The game came out YEARS ago and it's still $40!

I would also like Prey to be available on Steam again. :(

Same. Heard it's fun from people who share tastes in games with me, so I'd probably like it. I liked Singularity.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jaundicejuice said:
You really, really don't want Wolfenstein, you'd probably be better off replaying Return for the umpteenth time, trust me, it's just better that way.
The over world was kinda lame, but the individual missions were fantastic. Raven is fucking god when it comes to making entertaining shooters that are just fun to play.

desu said:
Uhm since its a steam works title, you get a key somewhere else for cheap? In the christmas time I bought a Prey key for like 3$?
Pretty sure neither of those games I mentioned are steamworks. I don't even think Steamworks existed when they came out.

And I think it was 2 Christmas's ago that they had Prey for super cheap and then they ran out of keys for it and never got any more to my knowledge.

jaundicejuice said:
That's why I want it on sale for $10 or less! I wouldn't go near it for $40, I could get Dead Space 2 for that much and that one came out a few months ago!

Salsa

Danneee said:
Yeah, speaking of which, isn't there some kind of easter sale or something soon?

i thought the two-take thing was actually the easter sales beginning, going through developer catalogs

sucks :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
jaundicejuice said:

I thought it was great fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign.

Sanic

jaundicejuice said:

I really liked Wolfenstein, and I payed full price for it at launch. The gunplay is fantastic.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
jaundicejuice said:

This person should be shunned and cast out. Wolfenstein was awesome, at least in single player anyways.

Echoplx

Rodney McKay said:
Pretty sure neither of those games I mentioned are steamworks. I don't even think Steamworks existed when they came out.

And I think it was 2 Christmas's ago that they had Prey for super cheap and then they ran out of keys for it and never got any more to my knowledge.

Prey keys can be activated on Steam.

Danneee

Took the bite on GTA 4 Complete. Love that game and have to finish Gay Tony some time, plus now I have rig that hopefully will run this with the ENB mod too!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rodney McKay said:
Cool, I was unaware of this! Does this work with box copies as well? Amazon has it for ~$9.
Yeah. One of the few games to retroactively get steam activations.

Yup. I recommend using the installer to extract the files in a desktop folder and then manually copy them to the GTA3 folder in steamapps.

Only thing ive noticed is that it kinda screw ups the Steam overlay, since it closes itself for some reason. And apparently you also cant take steam screenshots.

Small price to pay though, since the game looks a lot better.
Yeah, no Overlay means no screenshots. Such a shame in Outrun 2006.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Digging around the registry again, Spiral Knights was added. That should help give the game some more popularity.

Oh, and some more Magika DLC.

3chopl0x said:
What are the timeframes for Steam sales? for midweek madness and weekend deal specifically.

10am Tuesday to 4pm Thursday for midweek madness. 10am Thursday to Sunday night or Monday morning for the weekend deals.

Hayvic

Sorry Olivia, I really like you but it wouldn't be fair to Pandora cause he tried. PM me your steamid Pandora.

EDIT: that was horrible, nobody saw it prior to the edit. Phew.

Sanic

Hayvic said:
Sorry Olivia, I really like you but it wouldn't be fair to NaM cause he tried. PM me your steamid NaM.

...Olivia?

Anyway, the plane controls in San Andreas are horrible. I couldn't keep a single craft in the air for more than 3 seconds before I flew straight up and stalled or crashed into something.

edit: Oh I do win! thanks, PMing now.

Echoplx

Mr Sandman said:
So I bought the GOTY edition of Borderlands on sale so I could gift it to my buddy who owns vanilla Borderlands. I would have gifted him the DLC pack (same price) but the sale ended on that. I sent it to him a few days ago, but he never received it. Tried to resend it again, and it says he already owns it (I am guessing it means the vanilla). Is there any fix to this problem?

It won't actually say 'Borderlands GOTY' in his library but if he right clicks and views DLC then it should be there.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Hayvic said:
Sorry Olivia, I really like you but it wouldn't be fair to Pandora cause he tried. PM me your steamid Pandora.

EDIT: that was horrible, nobody saw it prior to the edit. Phew.
I did, ups :p

coopolon

Is there a way to turn off this login authorization process? I'm looking in settings and can't find anything.

It's getting pretty annoying, every time I try to log in from any computer, even ones I've logged in from repeatedly before, it's not remembering for some reason.

Sanic

coopolon said:
Is there a way to turn off this login authorization process? I'm looking in settings and can't find anything.

It's getting pretty annoying, every time I try to log in from any computer, even ones I've logged in from repeatedly before, it's not remembering for some reason.

I assume you're talking about Steam Guard? That can be turned off in Settings -> Manage Steam Guard security.

coopolon

Pandoracell said:
I assume you're talking about Steam Guard? That can be turned off in Settings -> Manage Steam Guard security.

Thanks! I was trying to do it from the website, guess I should have known to look for it in the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom