• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Mr Sandman said:
I think I tired that, but nothing was there. I'll have to check again when he gets back. Thanks.

If you view his game list on his profile all the DLC should be there

Here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/J5c42.png

EDIT: Yeah, instead of "redeemed" it just says "sent" when I check my gifts. Then I try to resend it and it says he owns it. :(

Send it to his email address and get him to redeem it from there, should work.

Anyone having issues with signing in to Steam? I'm trying on my laptop right now (I usually use Steam from my desktop so it has been a while) and when I put in my password I just keep getting the Steam Login dialog back up again.

I know it's not the password, because I can login to the webpage just fine and because if you do a bad password you get a message to that effect. I don't get any message, it just keeps trying to log me in with no warning or error message when I enter my password.

edit: Nevermind. After a system reboot Steam updated and now it let me login just fine.

Sinatar said:
This person should be shunned and cast out. Wolfenstein was awesome, at least in single player anyways.

The overworld felt tacked on and more like marketing bullet point than something that contributed to the overall experience. I wanted to like that game, I wanted the single and multi player to kick ass but for my money it was a mess. The gunplay is satisfying, I'll give it that but any game that puts a k98, stg44, mp44, Browning Automatic Rifle or M1 Garand in my hands tends to put a smile on my face.

Schmattakopf said:
Portal 1 is saying it needs to update before I play it. The update is in its own tiny pop up window with a loading bar... what?
Whatever that was, it was fine. I stopped playing because this kinda made me nauseous.

Everyone is playing Portal 2.

Except vocab... still playing M&B.

hiryu

Anyone else having issues logging into steam? I was fine until I linked my psn account and now I can't log in. I can log in through the website but not the application.

Does anyone know if a retail copy of Prey on Amazon can be registered on Steam? It's cheap right now so I'm thinking about getting it.

I could have swore this was discussed in this topic but I can't seem to find it.

John said:
i think they ran out of keys or something. so yeah, weird

It's 3D Realms, so George Broussard has to sit with his thumb up his ass for 15 years before he can decide if he should generate more keys for it or not.

nyong

Banned
Prey is completely worth a playthrough, especially with the sequel coming out. I ran through the Steam version a couple weeks ago (picked it up during the Steam sale ages ago) after beating the 360 version at release, and even the graphics even held up just fine.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
nyong said:
Prey is completely worth a playthrough, especially with the sequel coming out. I ran through the Steam version a couple weeks ago (picked it up during the Steam sale ages ago) after beating the 360 version at release, and even the graphics even held up just fine.
Id tech 4 interiors hold up fabulously. Quake 4 interiors look hella nice still.

Prey was the first game I ever bought through Steam. It was on sale for $5, I believe. I figured, "For five bucks, why not?" It's a phrase that's often repeated with Steam.

Orange Box got me to install Steam and Prey got me hooked.

Overall, it's probably under-appreciated. Definitely worth a handful of dollars. I like the Art Bell cameos.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Since Portal 2's release the orange box, portal, and L4D2 have gotten into the top 10 on steam. I got all the potatoes and was pissed right away that Valve gave out the complete pack because i had all the games. Now that i have all of them i gave my portal 2 copy to my brother and have a plan for Hl2 and its episodes but the games release prior to the source engine nobody really wants.

Sanic

So will you be giving away those extra games that 'nobody wants'? I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Pandoracell said:
So will you be giving away those extra games that 'nobody wants'? I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

Meh, i usually save them for special occasions. It took me almost 3 years to gift my extra copy of HL2 that i got from the orange box. But what i was getting at is i was pissed i didn't get gift copies of games i already own and now that i have gift copies it means nothing to me now.

Daigoro

crimsonheadGCN said:
Was this mentioned?

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68166/warhammer-40k-last-stand-mode

The Last Stand Mode in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2: Retribution will be made available as a standalone title. It'll be released today through Steam for $9.99. The name of the title will be Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 - Retribution - The Last Stand.

well thats kind of damn cool.

i havent even bought Retribution yet (which i plan on doing), but i kind of want to buy this as well. like now.

Twig

Banned
zombieshavebrains said:
Since Portal 2's release the orange box, portal, and L4D2 have gotten into the top 10 on steam. I got all the potatoes and was pissed right away that Valve gave out the complete pack because i had all the games. Now that i have all of them i gave my portal 2 copy to my brother and have a plan for Hl2 and its episodes but the games release prior to the source engine nobody really wants.
That's, uh... great, fella. *thumbs up/cautious grin*

Twig

Banned
Mr_Guillotine said:
When is this potato pack thing supposed to end? I kind of want to do it just to get all the valve games.
I doubt you can still get the potatoes. There was an Audiosurf patch that said, "GlaDOS is now busy elsewhere." Or something. Only game to receive a patch, AFAIK, but pretty much confirms it's over. You can still buy the pack, but there's no more golden tater.

If anybody missed the GTA IV complete collection promo, I have a spare code here that I mistakenly bought as a gift for a friend who already owns it.

Ideally, I'd like to trade it for something on steam I don't already have (steamID - thisisgil), but PM me if you're interested in it.

SalsaShark said:
So what about Grotesque ?

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Currently on sale for 5 bucks, SRPG, but I always get wary at games that play up its humour/plays-at-cliches angle. Does anybody know if the gameplay holds up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom