• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

I have to say NIN90, I like your taste in games. I added about ten to my wishlist after looking through your collection.

Blizzard

Banned
Spyn Doctor said:
This was about Your Doodles Are Bugged!:

Thanks for posting about my game! :)

Just so that there are no misunderstandings: There will be a free demo for the game, only it's not yet live in the Steam store.

Also, there will be a Steam-exclusive, time-limited, free DLC package with 5 Easter-themed bonus doodles. This too isn't live yet.

I'm chasing my contacts at Valve about both issues. Hopefully both demo and DLC will go live soon.

Doc
I just downloaded the demo, thanks. Do you know a hard deadline for the DLC or just about a week?

Bluth54

LiquidMetal14 said:
Anyone else just get an update?

Fixed rare in-game overlay crash starting up with a group chat open
Mac OSX - Fixed config loading/saving of steam settings from games
Mac OSX - Fixed overlay stopping games from seeing when keys go ‘up’ after the overlay launches
Mac OSX - Fixed rare occurrence where overlay did not track the mouse position
Mac OSX - Fixed case where overlay could lose the root folder containing layout resources and stop displaying.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Currently replaying Red Faction now, last time I played it was PS2 and never finished. Still holds up remarkable well.

Goes with the seamless story and progression. Not broken into separate levels, which I'm enjoying as much as blowing holes in walls.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mairu said:
For some games with sort of lackluster steam support it'll track the launcher for the game instead of the actual game itself (like prince of persia), so while I've played the game for hours it'll only say a few minutes.
For Outrun 2006, the steam overlay flat out doesn't work. I have put a ton of time into the game, but it says I only played for like 3 minutes.

Mairu

It's unfortunate that Darkspore isn't unlocking on Steam tonight at 12 AM, when it's going live at 12 AM assuming you got it anywhere else. This is the first time for me buying something on Steam has been worse than buying it off :(

Mairu said:
It's unfortunate that Darkspore isn't unlocking on Steam tonight at 12 AM, when it's going live at 12 AM assuming you got it anywhere else. This is the first time for me buying something on Steam has been worse than buying it off :(

I think that's EA's plan in general. I wonder if the Steam version will install the EA Download Manager.

Mairu

jaundicejuice said:
I think that's EA's plan in general. I wonder if the Steam version will install the EA Download Manager.
This will just lead me to passing on EA's games next time, why bother offering it in Steam if you're going to delay people buying it on Steam 10 hours past those who just bought it direct from EA/D2D :/

Twig

Banned
You know, I can understand being annoyed, but you really can't wait 10 hours? It bugs you so much that you're going to not buy EA games anymore?

Yeesh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LocoMrPollock said:
I think it's just Steam policy. Have any games ever unlocked at midnight on release day? None, that I can think of.

Retail copies of CoD: BO unlocked at Midnight.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My bet is that they just want someone in the office at the time of game launch, so they can give it any support if problems pop up.

Spyn Doctor

Neo Member
About the Your Doodles Are Bugged! Easter-Special DLC:
Blizzard said:
I just downloaded the demo, thanks. Do you know a hard deadline for the DLC or just about a week?
The plan was to make this a one-week special. But I am not sure when exactly Valve will get around to removing it from the store. So it may stay up a few days longer - then again, it may not...

Doc

Sanic

Any particular reason Half-life (not source) has appeared in my games list and is downloading, but when I click on the game i'm prompted to purchase it?

Oreoleo

Pandoracell said:
Any particular reason Half-life (not source) has appeared in my games list and is downloading, but when I click on the game i'm prompted to purchase it?

Do you own Deathmatch Classic by chance? Somehow for a while I owned Deathmatch Source, but not Half-Life 1 Source, yet it still showed up in my games list.

LovingSteam said:
Duke Nukem Forever should be up for prepurchase today.

Heh if only I could find my ancient EB games preorder receipt from like 2001 or something.

Hopefully this prepurchase goes a little better for me.

Sanic

Orellio said:
Do you own Deathmatch Classic by chance? Somehow for a while I owned Deathmatch Source, but not Half-Life 1 Source, yet it still showed up in my games list.
I do own deathmatch classic, but I've had it forever. And it's just regular half life that has showed up, not source, which I already own.

Only thing I can think of is that I was gifted team fortress classic and it showed up after that.

Weenerz

Banned
Pre-ordered the Duke Balls of Steel edition from Gamestop, I want that statue. Hopefully they release the demo soon, I need some Duke in my life.

plc268

LovingSteam said:
I am somewhat concerned with how its going to turn out. I can see it being awesome but I can also see it being a total flop.

Totally agree with this statement. As much as I like Duke Nukem 3D and want to see a new game, I'm waiting until reviews start popping up for this game. I've been burned far too many times lately with games that seem good, that are actually utter trash in my mind. *cough*Homefront*cough*

I feel like every game I get excited about lately turns out to be a flop, so I'm keeping my distance for now. If it's confirmed to be a great game, I'll buy at full price. If not, I'll pick it up on a sale.

Mairu said:
This will just lead me to passing on EA's games next time, why bother offering it in Steam if you're going to delay people buying it on Steam 10 hours past those who just bought it direct from EA/D2D :/

Yea, I've pretty much stopped buying EA games because they treat Steam users like second class citizens. I also (re)tried using EADM again, since so many people say it's a great/good download manager now, but it's just as shitty as I remember it. It has a shiny new interface, but that's it.

So yea, I'll pick up EA games if they ever go on sale on steam, but that's a rarity, so I'm not expecting it.

mAcOdIn

LovingSteam said:
Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, when a game is worked on by so many people over so many years it's real easy to imagine it being a total fucking mess.

Weenerz

Banned
Volcynika said:
Did they confirm whether or not Duke Nukem Forever is Steamworks? I heard a rumor about that a few weeks ago.

Yep, it's Steamworks, only reason I even considered buying it from retail.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Volcynika said:
Did they confirm whether or not Duke Nukem Forever is Steamworks? I heard a rumor about that a few weeks ago.
I'm pretty sure that it and everything 2K + Gearbox will be going forwards. I really appreciated that Gearbox went back and added achievements Borderlands. Their stance on the platform has definitely changed.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Gully State said:
I hope people are buying Witcher 2 off GoG b/c it's not even charting on Steam despite Fable III being 3rd best seller.

The Witcher 2 has been available for preorder for months. It hit the top of the charts the first day it was out and lingered around the top 10 for about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom