• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for Bulletstorm at $20 which it probably won't hit until the summer sale, so I'd rather wait.

Medal of Honor for $10 or less would be awesome though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh snap, I've been waiting on DA:O complete

Do I pull the trigger? Fuck it, I'm so broke right now but I've been wanting this since I got my PC, bought.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Wonder if theres any chance Bulletstorm might go on sale. Thats really the only one I can think of that Im interested that I dont already have on steam or consoles.

Narag

jaundicejuice said:
This is a random but awesome Slowtaku interview with Fredrik Wester, head of Paradox Interactive. I wanted to share this blurb but didn't think it was exactly thread worthy...

Edit: In regards to the EA sale. I wonder if they've loaded all of their Stream games with the EADM.
Haven't noticed it but did find it nice I could evidently register the games in eadm with the cdkey steam gives.

Joe Molotov

Drkirby said:
Dragon Age Ultimate is still $40 base? Well, lets take a look at what EA games are on steam.

Edit:
Ok, my predictions are going to be

Mass Effect series
Battle Filed Series
Command and Conquer games
Sims Series
Crysis Series
Dead Space Series

Mass Effect is a lock, it's on sale every time there's a sale. Dead Space 1 is on sale a lot too, I'm hoping DS2 is 50% off ($20) but it'll probably be 25% off. I really wish Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 would be 50% off, but that's probably wishful thinking. There will probably be a Crysis day, but Crysis 2 will probably only be 25% off, and I doubt Bulletstorm even gets a day.

Salsa

so wich region has it cheaper ? fuckin Steamprices is down ? :(

and thanks a lot Stallion Free :) will get in contact once i get home too

Also, no way in hell Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm are getting anything more than a 25 percent discount. A shame.

Best deal we can expect is probably NFS Hot Pursuit at something like 20 bucks, considering its been on sale elsewhere a lot.

nyong

Banned
Snuggler said:
do I pull the trigger?
I just did. I've been waiting forever to pick up Awakenings, but opted for the Ultimate Edition instead. This is after putting in 70+ hours in vanilla Origins. Do it.

BeeDog

For anyone buying the Ultimate Edition, please tell how the DLC stuff is handled.

1) Are the DLC's downloaded through the EA log-in (e.g. you redeem codes on Bioware's page, then the integrated downloader downloads them), or...
2) Are the DLC's downloaded as files through Steam, with no connection to the Bioware/EA page?

Narag said:
Haven't noticed it but did find it nice I could evidently register the games in eadm with the cdkey steam gives.

Really? So with the EADM you can log-in to any machine, download and play your games, correct? This should work with the retail games I've bought then?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
BeeDog said:
For anyone buying the Ultimate Edition, please tell how the DLC stuff is handled.

1) Are the DLC's downloaded through the EA log-in (e.g. you redeem codes on Bioware's page, then the integrated downloader downloads them), or...
2) Are the DLC's downloaded as files through Steam, with no connection to the Bioware/EA page?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
nyong said:
I just did. I've been waiting forever to pick up Awakenings, but opted for the Ultimate Edition instead. This is after putting in 70+ hours in vanilla Origins. Do it.

Yeah, no regrets. I've only played the base game, none of the DLC or Awakenings. That's a lot of game for only twenty dollars. Now I wait for the 23gig file download.

Echoplx

SalsaShark said:
so wich region has it cheaper ? fuckin Steamprices is down ? :(

and thanks a lot Stallion Free :) will get in contact once i get home too

Also, no way in hell Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm are getting anything more than a 25 percent discount. A shame.

Best deal we can expect is probably NFS Hot Pursuit at something like 20 bucks, considering its been on sale elsewhere a lot.

3chopl0x said:

click the links and see for yourself

I'm so happy Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate is on sale. I've been wanting that on PC for awhile. It'd be nice if the DeathSpank games went on sale but it'll more than likely be bigger games that are part of this sale.

Echoplx

BeeDog said:

2. When i downloaded it all the DLC was detected and installed.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Hot Pursuit goes on sale. The screenshots other threads make it looks amazing.

I'll also pick up Dead Space 2 if it's $20 or less.

Joe Molotov

BeeDog said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe you have to register your game through EA/Bioware account to activate the DLC, but then it's already downloaded when you start up the game. I might be wrong, I bought it a while back.

Salsa

Snuggler said:
Yeah, no regrets. I've only played the base game, none of the DLC or Awakenings. That's a lot of game for only twenty dollars. Now I wait for the 23gig file download.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCK

Will buy anyway, but holy shit no way im playing this until i get a new HDD :(

Zefah said:
I'll also pick up Dead Space 2 if it's $20 or less.

hahaha

desu

Joe Molotov said:
Mass Effect is a lock, it's on sale every time there's a sale. Dead Space 1 is on sale a lot too, I'm hoping DS2 is 50% off ($20) but it'll probably be 25% off. I really wish Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 would be 50% off, but that's probably wishful thinking. There will probably be a Crysis day, but Crysis 2 will probably only be 25% off, and I doubt Bulletstorm even gets a day.

Thats whats I am expecting as well. Guess that might save me some money in this sale.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Joe Molotov said:
I could be mistaken, but I believe you have to register your game through EA/Bioware account to activate the DLC, but then it's already downloaded when you start up the game. I might be wrong, I bought it a while back.

Actually, that's correct. I read the original post wrong. Apologies for giving misinformation.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Question of DA:U. What is the retail version like? I mean is all DLC and Expansion on discs or just codes?

Is it one time use only too?

Kevin

Dragon Age Ultimate for $20? Sounds like a decent price to jump in at. Never played any of the Dragon Age games but I'll try it at $20. May hold me over until the Witcher 2.

Narag

jaundicejuice said:
Really? So with the EADM you can log-in to any machine, download and play your games, correct? This should work with the retail games I've bought then?
Believe so. I think you can register physical copies with them for stuff that came out the past couple years. Crysis sadly did not make the cutoff.

BeeDog

Thanks guys for the answers. As I mentioned earlier, I already have DA:O and Awakenings on Steam, with only one piece of DLC registered on Bioware's Social site. I'm curious about what would happen if I decide to purchase the Ultimate Edition (e.g. will it integrate well with my existing Bioware/EA account, will it provide an additional entry in my Steam list or will they remain as is, will I be able to gift the games etc.).

TheExodu5

Banned
BeeDog said:
Thanks guys for the answers. As I mentioned earlier, I already have DA:O and Awakenings on Steam, with only one piece of DLC registered on Bioware's Social site. I'm curious about what would happen if I decide to purchase the Ultimate Edition (e.g. will it integrate well with my existing Bioware/EA account, will it provide an additional entry in my Steam list or will they remain as is, will I be able to gift the games etc.).

You won't be able to gift. It will be a completely separate entry under your Steam games list. It will be registerable on the Bioware Social site, but it will be a completely searate product from Origins/Awakening.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCK

Will buy anyway, but holy shit no way im playing this until i get a new HDD :(

hahaha

It's base $39.99 right now, and EA does 50% sometimes.

I'm really in no rush to get the game, so no harm done either way.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I really think they should've done a DA bundle...

DA2 is shit, but it might entice players to buy it if you got DA:U and DA2 for 45 dollars.

And King Arthur sucks. Get Total War.

BeeDog

TheExodu5 said:
You won't be able to gift. It will be a completely separate entry under your Steam games list. It will be registerable on the Bioware Social site, but it will be a completely searate product from Origins/Awakening.

Many thanks, pretty much everything I needed to know. Not buying anything from this sale then. :)

Salsa

A lot of days in a week, im expecting some smaller/older titles as well.

Hopefully Burnout Paradise, since ive missed it many times. Would be nice to doubledip on Mirrors Edge as well.

How bout MOH: Airborne for 3.75 ? :p

Joe Molotov

graywolf323 said:
is there any point in getting the Ultimate Edition if you have the other two separately?

Not really. The Stone Prisoner is the best DLC, and it's the free one. The rest are pretty blah, not worth $20.

samoset

If I already own a non-steam version of dragon-age origins will I have any trouble transferring over my save to the ultimate edition? I remember (maybe incorrectly) that if you owned a non-steam version of origins the save wouldn't transfer to the steam version of awakenings.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
SalsaShark said:
It was $12 on D2D a while ago. Hoping for a great deal on split/second, I chose blur over it in that sale and kinda think I made the wrong choice.

Tossed Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition into my cart, may or may not decide to pull the trigger at some point in the near future, but it will stay at the sale price if you tossed it in the cart in time (did this when Braid was on sale a while back.)

What are the chances of Mass Effect 1 being sub $5? I have it on 360 and picked up ME2 (again) for $8 from D2D a few weeks back, and I'd bite at $2.50, but if it's just 75% off like usual, I don't think I'd go for it.

desu

poppabk said:
It was $12 on D2D a while ago. Hoping for a great deal on split/second, I chose blur over it in that sale and kinda think I made the wrong choice.

Split/Second is not on steam!?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
$45 is still a shitty price for DA2. It's pretty much just $5 off if you ignore the EA PC tax.

It's the first Bioware game I haven't bought in a long time. $20 and I'll see for myself what went wrong.

desu said:
Split/Second is not on steam!?

Good. It's a terrible port, the frame rate is capped at 30FPS and there was no way to fix it. The control support sucked as well, it didn't even have native support for the 360 pad. On top of all that, the game seemed pretty lame. Avoid at all costs.

graywolf323

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Tossed Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition into my cart, may or may not decide to pull the trigger at some point in the near future, but it will stay at the sale price if you tossed it in the cart in time (did this when Braid was on sale a while back.)

when the deal changes over tomorrow the price will go up

desu

CarbonatedFalcon said:

What are the chances of Mass Effect 1 being sub $5? I have it on 360 and picked up ME2 (again) for $8 from D2D a few weeks back, and I'd bite at $2.50, but if it's just 75% off like usual, I don't think I'd go for it.

ME will prolly be 5.

Proc

This is actually a deal breaker for me. 60 gb cap here. Maybe i'll download half this month and half the next. Hmmm.

Carm

LocoMrPollock said:
The data was still there, you just had to rename the file to get GFWL to read it. Incredibly stupid, but not hard to manage.

Basically -

backup.sav

Start a new game-

newgame.sav

rename backup.sav to newgame.sav and replace.

This does not work for Batman:AA, I dunno about the GOTY. 88% file gone because of stupid GFWL, I refuse to pay more than 10-15 for GFWL titles after this happened.

Joe Molotov

CarbonatedFalcon said:

Umm.......no.

CarbonatedFalcon said:

I can't see it going for $2.50. I think it went for $10 during the Christmas sale. I think the best you could hope for is $5. It's definitely worth it, though. It makes the 360 version almost seem unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom