• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
cicero said:
wow..

Really wish I would have had that info back when I bought it during a direct2drive sale in march. :/

Someone else chimed in and said that it is possible to use a controller. Maybe it's because I'm emulating a 360 controller (PS3, MotionInJoy) but it would be the first time a game with native support didn't recognize my pad. At the very least, it didn't work when I first tried the game, it only recognized my keyboard.

Still, the frame rate cap alone is good enough reason to avoid unless you really don't care about that stuff.

cicero

nincompoop said:
I think this site is a scam. I created an account to buy DMC4, and after I gave them my credit card information they refused to accept my payment, and apparently they also closed my account that I just created since it won't let me log in to customer service and when I asked them to send me my password their email said my account didn't have a password associated with it and that I had to create a new account.
Really!?....

They are owned by the IGN Entertainment Group, they are the other major digital distribution hub besides Valve's Steam, they have been around since 2004, and as of this year they are expected to "earn more than $10 million this year, with revenues of $100 million."

Come on, man. Google, it's your friend...

Orellio said:
Also, I wonder how something can be a scam if the refuse to take your money :p
By taking my credit card number...?

Anyway I was finally able to buy DMC4 with one of the other payment options (Paypal didn't work either so I had to use the one I never heard of), now it just remains to be seen if they charged my credit card the other two times I tried to buy it but it wouldn't let me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lasthope106 said:
O_O Warband still on sale? I thought I had dodged a bullet by resisting to buy it. Gah! Now I have to fight the impulse to buy it.

It's six dollars and as far as I can tell so far, a pretty cool game. Give in.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not buying Warband at $6 is inexcusable.

Between Dragon Age Ultimate and Witcher 2 that's like 40GB... I'll have to take it easy on the bandwidth use this month...

Salsa

Friend of mine wants to get Dragon Age: Ultimate as well.

Not in our region so yeah. He can pay you through paypal beforehand to get the game with his money.

Anyone feeling kind ? :p

Fredescu

Snuggler said:
On top of all that, the game seemed pretty lame. Avoid at all costs.
The game that you barely played seemed pretty lame? Ok, guy.

30fps cap sucks and its a bit of fiddling to get the controller working, but it's a good game.

Shaneus

Nabs said:
(Blur) The game hates ATI
scitek said:
I love 60fps in racing games, too, but if I realize there's something about it that won't let me get a constant 60, I have no qualms with slapping as much AA on it as possible and capping it at 30. The only game I've not been able to work with lately was Criterion's Hot Pursuit. I get framerates in the 50s even at 720p, and AA doesn't work for shit with my Radeon 6950, so I don't even play it anymore.
Ugh, this. Two 5850s that let me run Dirt 2 at full everything and I can't even get a flat 60 in either HP *or* Blur when dialling shit right down really pisses me off (especially considering that they're both fun-as-shit games).

luiztfc

Discotheque said:
Pretty sweet deal if you're interested in both games: d2d's selling brink and fallout:new vegas digital CE in a bundle for $65

posted in here since they're both steam-activated

Nice, but:

1 - Can I play New Vegas without playing Fallout 3?

2 - Is there any discount code for d2d?

Thanks

InertiaXr

luiztfc said:
Nice, but:

1 - Can I play New Vegas without playing Fallout 3?

2 - Is there any discount code for d2d?

Thanks

1. Yes, 3 and NV are entirely separate. I believe there is a few references from 3 in NV, but nothing that would require you to have played 3 in the slightest.

Salsa

platypotamus said:
I'm trying to decide if I'd make it to Dragon Age before it's on sale for this price (or cheaper) again. It's really hard to say.

Yeah, i sure as hell know i wont, and i bought it anyway.

Tends to happen on Steam, heh.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Might end up getting Crysis 2 this week, depending on discount. Apparently it runs well but it still sucks that I can't try it for myself because they made a multiplayer-only demo and shut down the servers when the full game was released.

kamspy

$45 is almost a good price for DA2. At $35 it would be money well spent. The only problem with the game was the "2" behind the "DA" and the $60 tag. If they called it a DA spinoff, charged $35, reception would have been great.

Twig

Banned
kamspy said:
$45 is almost a good price for DA2. At $35 it would be money well spent. The only problem with the game was the "2" behind the "DA" and the $60 tag. If they called it a DA spinoff, charged $35, reception would have been great.
I think I can agree with that, without having played either. U:

Salsa

Here's hoping NFS Hot Pursuit comes up tomorrow so i can get that out of the way. Otherwise im probably gonna spend all my money on other i-dont-want-as-much games.

Remember those 50 bucks on my Steam wallet ? all i have to spend on these. Stay strong.

Fredescu

kamspy said:
If they called it a DA spinoff, charged $35, reception would have been great.
Reception would have been "damn, this game reuses the same 5 levels over and over and has the worst cast of characters of any Bioware game ever, what a waste of $35."

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
Here's hoping NFS Hot Pursuit comes up tomorrow so i can get that out of the way. Otherwise im probably gonna spend all my money on other i-dont-want-as-much games.

Remember those 50 bucks on my Steam wallet ? all i have to spend on these. Stay strong.

So whoever has 1 week on the "How long will Salsa's steam funds last?" game looks like they will be the winner :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I bet Dragon Age 2 can be had for 20 bucks by Christmas so I'll wait even though I'm curious to try it out.

It's not like I've even finished the first one with it's gobs of content.

Zimbardo

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 is pretty awesome. some great action.

bought it when direct2drive had it on sale for $11.

worth every cent, and then some.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I liked Hot Pursuit but I got really aggravated by the rubberband AI and the goddamn Rapid Response missions. I lasted close to 20 hours before I lost interest and sold it (PS3 vers). It has a great sense of speed, though. I'll get it again when it's super cheap on Steam.

Probably already asked, but does this option here allow me to redeem a copy of Portal 2 on PC via PSN linkage, even if I can no longer access PSN on my PS3?

steam2neo.png

gotee12

Snuggler said:
I liked Hot Pursuit but I got really aggravated by the rubberband AI and the goddamn Rapid Response missions. I lasted close to 20 hours before I lost interest and sold it (PS3 vers). It has a great sense of speed, though. I'll get it again when it's super cheap on Steam.
Glad I read this. As soon as there's evidence of rubber-banding, I shelve any and all racers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
gotee12 said:
Glad I read this. As soon as there's evidence of rubber-banding, I shelve any and all racers.

Maybe I just sucked, but in all my time playing it I never held a lead that I couldn't immediately lose by slightly flubbing a turn. Opposing racers are always on your right on your ass, even if you're driving like a pro. I like that it's always competitive but it felt unfair at times.

Blizzard

Banned
I noticed that Rush and Toki Tori updated today to remove the potato-themed stuff. However, you can apparently still make lab maps in Toki Tori and it seemed like they left the secret lab/challenge maps in the game.

If anyone has the Ball or Amnesia, now might be a good time to check if the Portal 2 content got left in or not.

GWX

Snuggler said:

Yeah... I hated those goddamned Rapid Responde missions >.<
Never finished the police side of the game because of them.

gotee12

SapientWolf said:
You can't have a battle racer without battling.
Agreed. It's just that I want a fair battle. If I'm dominating, then so be it. If I just made a stupid mistake and went in to the turn way too fast, then send me straight to the back of the pack. I'm one of those weirdos who will finish a race even if he's 30 seconds behind second to last place! If I win, it's because I literally beat the AI routines for that track/battle scenario not because the coding told the cars to vary their performance at all in relation to my performance.

I so want to enjoy the new Mario Karts but can't for this very reason. :(

I've grown to appreciate good rubber banding. Mario Kart and Motorstorm are two series that do it really well, I feel, to keep the tension in the racing. Still feels cheap sometimes, but hey.

Not sure if there'll be anything for me this week. I own most of the EA games I want and the rest I'd need to be 75% off to justify buying it with my current cash flow.

InertiaXr

I'm also looking for Hot Pursuit at $10. I'm assuming there will be either a HP or a NFS day but afraid Hot Pursuit will only be 50% off at $15. :/

Had hours and hours of fun with Hot Pursuit 2 with my friend on ps2. Absolutely fantastic game that one was, and if this new one is half as good I will be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom