• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Corky said:
All you need to know is that I'll be playing and fuse myself to the pc so the community will never be dead it'll always be atleast : 1 player online

The PC community for SFIV was pretty solid, there's a core group of players that will play the game forever. Much lower percentage of sore losers sending hatemail as well.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ArjanN said:
The PC community for SFIV was pretty solid, there's a core group of players that will play the game forever. Much lower percentage of sore losers sending hatemail as well.

nice, hopefully ( wishfully :'( ) the connections between eu - us will be better on pc than on xbl/psn. I don't know why I think that but damnit I want to believe.

stOex

Just purchased my third copy of Dragon Age Origins (got DA:O & DA:O Ultimate for PS3 and just got DA:O Ultimate from Steam) - now I feel guilty :(

mxgt

Banned
Eagerly awaiting the Dead Space sale.

Will probably pick up Hot Pursuit too but it seems like a pretty shitty PC job.

Dunno if I want to jump on NFS for $15, was hoping for 7.50 instead. The possibility of a cheap medal of honor or bulletstorm showing up later makes it even harder.

AEREC

Damn...I just bought ME2 Digital Deluxe Edition last week on steam...oh well thats how it goes sometimes I guess.

Ill get MoH and NFS:HP if they drop below $10 though.

scitek

SalsaShark said:
mh, sucks. Heard it was mostly with ATI cards though.

Dont really care that much for graphic fidelity as long as i get a good performance, maybe i could get it to work.

The games are perfectly playable if you don't need anything more than 30fps. I don't really mind playing at 30fps, but it's annoying when I'm pretty confident my machine SHOULD be capable of 60. When I run Blur without any AA whatsoever, for example, I get 40-50fps for the most part. When I add 4xSSAA to it, my framerate stays the same. There's something wrong there.

coopolon

stOex said:
Just purchased my third copy of Dragon Age Origins (got DA:O & DA:O Ultimate for PS3 and just got DA:O Ultimate from Steam) - now I feel guilty :(

You shouldn't. The PC version of Dragon Age Origins is almost a different game, and a vastly superior one at that.

AEREC

Aquavelvaman said:
I wish you could get ME2 DLC directly from steam. That would be an awesome thing to have discounted this week.

Ya that would be nice...speaking of which, does the EA/Bioware store ever have sales on DLC?

1-D_FTW

I take it the framerate sucks in a Hot Pursuit? Was watching a video on youtube (has a GTX 460 like me) and his framerate was pretty much stuck at 31.5 fps and his GPU utilization seemed to be stuck at a whopping 25 percent. Has this been fixed?

Nabs

1-D_FTW said:
I take it the framerate sucks in a Hot Pursuit? Was watching a video on youtube (has a GTX 460 like me) and his framerate was pretty much stuck at 31.5 fps and his GPU utilization seemed to be stuck at a whopping 25 percent. Has this been fixed?
I don't know of any major NFSHP fps issues

TheExodu5

Banned
1-D_FTW said:

I have no clue about the performance, but he was probably FRAPSing the video, which sticks your framerate at 30.

1-D_FTW

Oh. I thought I'd heard a lot of complaints.

He was definitely running some program that was showing FPS, temps, and utilization %.

So the game should definitely run at 60fps on a decent setup? Quad core Intel and GTX 460? Can't really find any benchmarks on google.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, anyone have comments on how well the G27 works with it?

Proc

[Nintex] said:
I was thinking about getting NFS:HP for PC but I already have it on Xbox 360... hmm

My 360 version is going to be used for trade in fodder as has most of my 360 games since I built my new pc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
1-D_FTW said:
So the game should definitely run at 60fps on a decent setup? Quad core Intel and GTX 460? Can't really find any benchmarks on google.
Depends on how much AA you want. Forcing it seems to be really intensive, and the base game looks like shit without a pretty decent amount of it.

Proc

I was so close to buying da ultimate but I have the vanilla game that is still incomplete as a boxed copy. What the hell is wrong with me. I don't need to rebuy games that I didn't finish in the first place.

Fredescu

The framerate is fine in NFS:HP. I had no problem maintaining 60fps. I don't recall which video card I had at the time, but I have a feeling I was still on a 4890. That was with no AA though.

AEREC

Proc said:
I was so close to buying da ultimate but I have the vanilla game that is still incomplete as a boxed copy. What the hell is wrong with me. I don't need to rebuy games that I didn't finish in the first place.

Well..it would include all DLC and Awakenings so it would be worth it at $20.

Ive been working on Origins for the past year and a half, I usually put 20+ hours into it then lose interest and then come back to it a few months later. I really want to finish it up so I can start DA2.

samoset

I have a gtx 460 1gb with a quad core amd and NFS:HP according to fraps runs at an average of 50-55 fps which while a better frame-rate than the consoles probably won't run a stable 60 if that's what your asking.

Fredescu

desu said:
Since Austrialia seems to be the cheapest place for NFS HP, will anyone here gift for us :D?
I'll try and do some NFS gifting if I'm around. The sale usually switches over at like 2am Australian time, so it will be a while before anyone is around to do it.

Proc

AEREC said:
Well..it would include all DLC and Awakenings so it would be worth it at $20.

Ive been working on Origins for the past year and a half, I usually put 20+ hours into it then lose interest and then come back to it a few months later. I really want to finish it up so I can start DA2.

Yeah, I've gotten to the 20 hour mark twice now. I enjoyed it both times but something new and shiny inevitably comes along and then I forget where I left off and start again.

Ledsen

1-D_FTW said:
Oh. I thought I'd heard a lot of complaints.

He was definitely running some program that was showing FPS, temps, and utilization %.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, anyone have comments on how well the G27 works with it?

Isn't the fps locked at 30?

edit: no wait that was split second.

plc268

So... I've been adding all my ea games to eadm because I've heard from people how it's sooo much better now.

Not really. It's the same crappy (buggy) client like it was years ago. It has a better interface and store now, but it's still generally terrible. In addition they're trying hard to be like steam now with an overlay and friends system, but it's just more annoying than ever. I don't want to set up a profile, and yet it keeps pestering me to do so. Even after setting up a profile, it still pesters me.

Anyway, moral of the story: I'm sticking with steam.

1-D_FTW

Eh. Nevermind. Kind of forgot is was by Criterion. I hated the last Burnout. And googling around, it seems wheel support is horrible. And the game has massive rubber-banding AI. I'm gonna pass on it.

kamspy

In my experience with Hot Pursuit on a 275 GTX and a quad core, 60fps is hard to staple. That said, it's one of those deals like COD on console, where it's not a constant 60fps, but it pretty much feels like it.

Control panel AA doesn't really effect the framerate, and neither does selectively turning down gfx options.

I paid $11 during an EA Store sale a while back and it's soooo worth it. Game is fun to play and looks awesome at 1920x1080. I just wish there was a manual transmission. Only other problem is all the cars kinda feel the same. The sheer funfactor overrides all of the bad though.

Echoplx

LovingSteam said:
Super Street Fighter 4:AE was added to the registry with a 4pack.
Drkirby said:
Hey, look what I just found:
streefighter.png
street4pack.png

Maybe the game will be out sooner then expected, wonder how much the 4 pack will be.

Losing your touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom