• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like racing games at all, in fact I haven't enjoyed one since San Fransisco Rush, but I've never played one on PC either, which one of these should I get, SHIFT?

I like sims over arcade.

I also don't have a wheel obviously.

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
Goddammit now I have to wait for Hot Pursuit because the person who owes it to me isn't online.
Sucks for you.

hp8nap.jpg

Thanks Bus

morningbus said:
Don't you fucking dare buy it.

beat me by a second

Snuggler said:
Does Shift suck? I still need a decent racing game on my PC.
First half of the game is good fun, second half turn into bouncing shit. But personally for £5.50 it's worth owning for some quick races now and again, and mods, lot's of mods!

3chopl0x said:
Can't pass up in HP for 10$
$10 for hot pursuit? o_O it's £15 in the uk

aww man even underground is cheaper in the states, euro am robbed!

HP: £14.99
SHIFT: £5.10
Underground : £3.75

kamspy

Snuggler said:
Does Shift suck? I still need a decent racing game on my PC.

It's a steal at $6. The very high end cars handle wonky, but it's a really nice PC game. There really isn't a sim alternative unless you want to go into uber sim territory, which isn't really possible without a steering wheel.

Somebody stop me from buying Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. I've recently bought Capsized, Super Meat Boy, Magicka, Mount & Blade Complete and pre-order Brink. I really, really shouldn't buy Hot Pursuit.

Ledsen

jaundicejuice said:
Somebody stop me from buying Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. I've recently bought Capsized, Super Meat Boy, Magicka, Mount & Blade Complete and pre-order Brink. I really, really shouldn't buy Hot Pursuit.

don't buy that goddamn game son *slap*

Diablohead said:
First half of the game is good fun, second half turn into bouncing shit. But personally for £5.50 it's worth owning for some quick races now and again, and mods, lot's of mods!

$10 for hot pursuit? o_O it's £15 in the uk

aww man even underground is cheaper in the states, euro am robbed!

HP: £14.99
SHIFT: £5.10
Underground : £3.75

You're whining about £14.99? It's TWENTY-FIVE DAMN EUROS here.

Let's do that again:

Hot Pursuit is FOUR TIMES more expensive in Europe than in the US.

stuminus3

If I never again make a recommendation that gets taken seriously... but don't buy Undercover. Not even for $2.50. It's atrocious.

Shift and Hot Pursuit are great though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Drkirby said:
Its to bad Sega doesn't sell Outrun 2006 on Steam anymore, now that was a fun arcade racer.
Yeah I am glad I picked up a copy for $2 before they removed it. What other games can you no longer buy on steam?

plc268

MRORANGE said:
yes a title that just came out will be less than half price -_-

I know you think you're being clever, but the fact is, is that I can buy Shift 2 off of amazon for $24 right now. Only thing stopping me is that I have too many games to play already and it's not on steam.

poppabk said:
Yeah I am glad I picked up a copy for $2 before they removed it. What other games can you no longer buy on steam?

Prey
The Movies

Maybe more...

Relax.MX

Steam version of PvZ...I have understood that has some problems ¿right?

jaundicejuice said:

Give it to me ... you will feel better ...I sacrifice for you :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I am going to pass on all the Need for Speed games. Under Cover seems to suck, Shift is simmish, and I just don't think I will likely HP very much.

But I will be buying plants vs zombies, been wanting that for a while and $3.40 is a great price for me.

Javaman

Some of you guys were talking about rubberbanding earlier, is it in Undercover or Hot Pursuit? That's a deal breaker for me.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Steam does weird things to the brain. I almost bought Hot Pursuit just now, just because I don't have an arcade-racer in my PC game library. But then I realized that I wouldn't even play the game, right now. I'm neck-deep in a bunch of other titles.

So, I'll wait for the summer sale, when it will be at-least this cheap, and might even hit $10-$12.

One nice way to deal w/ Steam sales and help with self-control is to realize that the games WILL go on sale again. They're never one-time-only.

So now I ask myself "Will I really get into this game before the next big Steam sale?" and if the answer is no I don't buy.

Twig

Banned
GDJustin said:
One nice way to deal w/ Steam sales and help with self-control is to realize that the games WILL go on sale again. They're never one-time-only.
Except when they are.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

BAM.

stuminus3

GDJustin said:
Unless they get pulled from the service (see: recent OutRun 2006 discussion)!

GOTTA BUY EM ALL!

stuminus3

The Big Rig said:
Forgive me, but my only reference to HP is the iphone version. I like that version a lot, and so I wonder how different it is.
Completely different games. The iOS version is nice but it's very basic in comparison.

Salsa

GDJustin said:

Still waiting for a repeat on Bloodlines and Psychonauts, just to name two.

Midweek Madness - Plants vs ZombiesAnnouncement - Valve 10:30To celebrate the 2 year anniversary, save 66% off Plants vs. Zombies in this week's Midweek Madness!

Owners of Plants vs Zombies also get and get 2 PvZ inspired in-game hats for Team Fortress 2.

Zombies are invading your home, and the only defense is your arsenal of plants! You'll need to think fast and plant faster to stop dozens of types of zombies dead in their tracks.

Offer ends this Thursday at 4pm PST.

Damnit Valve!

Wait, I already own it...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
stuminus3 said:
Unless they get pulled from the service (see: recent OutRun 2006 discussion)!

GOTTA BUY EM ALL!
But it was $2 just before being pulled, if you weren't going to buy it then you likely would never had

I would have bought the game for a bunch of people if it was still up

drizzle

Axel Hertz
GDJustin said:
Mirror's Edge for 2,50. It was on one Christmas, it's never been on sale again (being 5 bucks for another Christmas doesn't count).

kamspy said:
As a non TF2 player, what can I do with all my TF2 hats?

I'm sure I'm beaten, but it's a great game for short bursts of play. I used to love shooters and I loved TF2. Now I hate shooters and I still love TF2. It's just fun, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom