• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nabs said:
Awwww yeah. I doubt it'll come out earlier, but it's nice to see that Capcom is doing a 4-pack.
I am hoping it will come out the same time as the DLC version. Capcom doesn't have to print up any discs, and they already are doing an odd release schedule.

Hope the game uses steam works. Would also be nice if there was some discounted for owning the base game.

Nabs

I think it's all gfwl :(

Hey Kirby, did you ever replace your buttons on your SE? If not, get on that... you have plenty of time.

Blizzard

Banned
So NFS:HP is the same price that it was on Amazon (or D2D, I forget). Does anyone with a 5850 have any high quality screenshots, preferably with AA? I know the performance wouldn't be great, and if AA will also be bad then I guess I'll just be lame and wait for $5-10 instead.

Blizzard said:
So NFS:HP is the same price that it was on Amazon (or D2D, I forget). Does anyone with a 5850 have any high quality screenshots, preferably with AA? I know the performance wouldn't be great, and if AA will also be bad then I guess I'll just be lame and wait for $5-10 instead.
The 5850 is no slouch, even now. I haven't played HP (yet!) but I'd be surprised if you were to have issues getting good performance out of it.

Nabs

Blizzard said:

I don't think you can force AA unless you're still on 10.10e or 11.1. The performance is fine w/o AA. It's not like Blur =\

My new 500gig drive is waiting for those NFS games, if they all fall under £20 why not.

Lasthope106 said:
Come on EA, give me 50% off Crysis 2.
I lawled.

25% no more, or it will be the sims 3 expansion set for 33% off...

Blizzard

Banned
Nabs said:
I don't think you can force AA unless you're still on 10.10e or 11.1. The performance is fine w/o AA. It's not like Blur =\
I'm probably back on 10.7 or something since every newer driver seemed to break King's Bounty.

Whatever I'm using usually works fine, it just freezes my computer where I have to reboot maybe once a week or so (might be a bluescreen lockup that I'm missing due to some system setting). Popping the dump file into windbg always says that an ATI DLL/sys file is probably responsible, so I suspect the drivers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hmmm... I have been seeing a lot of topics hyping up Need for Speed HP, to get or not to get. I guess the question is would I play it.

Is there a Demo?

Even at 50% off, I would wait till the summer sale for Crysis 2. I would not be surprised if EA does a price on Crysis 2 soon, since their titles generally seem to have a price drop after a month or two on the market.

Salsa

crimsonheadGCN said:
Even at 50% off, I would wait till the summer sale for Crysis 2. I would not be surprised if EA does a price on Crysis 2 soon, since their titles generally seem to have a price drop after a month or two on the market.

EA's just gonna repeat the prices here with the summer sales, maybe put some older titles like burnout there since its doubtful they'll get their "day" here, but im not really seeing stuff getting any lower from this sales to summer. Just a bit over a month between them.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Thinking about biting on Hot Pursuit but I have reservations.

1) is it still a worthwhile game if you only play the single player?
2) will it support any USB controller or only 360 pad?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SalsaShark said:
EA's just gonna repeat the prices here with the summer sales, maybe put some older titles like burnout there since its doubtful they'll get their "day" here, but im not really seeing stuff getting any lower from this sales to summer. Just a bit over a month between them.
The % will be the same for sure, but they may drop the MSRP down to 39.99 or 49.99.

Xanathus

I notice no one has mentioned that Hot Pursuit is only USD20 without discount on the Australian store. It's also friggin USD50 everywhere else except US and AU.

Kerrinck

Crappy EA charges 50$ for Hot Pursuit here in my country's steam store, probably to push their own dd store.
Hopefully someone can help me out in the gifting thread.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just looked at some videos of Hot Pursuit, I don't know if I like the Heavy Focus on crashing. Can you at least turn off the crash cam?

And shift is more sim like then arcade like, right? Guess I'll see if Need for Speed Undercover is more to my tastes.

plc268

Darn... was hoping to see Shift 2 at 66% off.

It might be time for me to finally buy Hot Pursuit, even though I didn't like it much when I played it at a friends house a while back.

MRORANGE

The Broken Ska Record said:
How is Need for Speed Undercover? At $2.80, it shouldn't be that bad.

get shift or HP instead.

plc268 said:
Darn... was hoping to see Shift 2 at 66% off.

It might be time for me to finally buy Hot Pursuit, even though I didn't like it much when I played it at a friends house a while back.

yes a title that just came out will be less than half price -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom