• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
drizzle said:
k16Rz.png

Fake Edit: Ahhh, I love the imgur plugin
Concept17 said:

This is how I roll:

0vXwT.jpg
jChmu.jpg

denomes

I think I'm going to pass on HP due to the lack of Steam integration, given that it's a multiplayer-focused game.

Convince me otherwise.

morningbus

Ookami-kun said:
So they're all available in Amazon then? Nice.

The only games you need to worry about are from the Mount and Blade series. The ones sold digitally through Amazon use a different key system than the retail copies and cannot be registered on Steam, I believe. Everything else should be fine.

denomes said:
I think I'm going to pass on HP due to the lack of Steam integration, given that it's a multiplayer-focused game.

Convince me otherwise.

There isn't a better, steam-integrated racing game out there. So, if you want a racing game you pretty much are always going to have to deal with that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
morningbus said:
There isn't a better, steam-integrated racing game out there. So, if you want a racing game you pretty much are always going to have to deal with that.
Having to listen to you guys play last night was torture. I muted myself and cried on my keyboard and hoped that somehow it would make the download go faster :(

NeoandGeo said:
I have the files saved on my home PC, unfortunately. I can upload or transfer at 6est if anyone is interested, and a solution isn't found by then.

sure, i dont see anything online at the moment. cheers.

LegoDad

NeoandGeo said:
I have the files saved on my home PC, unfortunately. I can upload or transfer at 6est if anyone is interested, and a solution isn't found by then.

what are you talking about that's not it. that's the .ini file. he just renamed it so it wouldn't get taken down.

Lack of pad support for ME/2 is what has been keeping me from buying it in the past sales. I'm just so used to playing it on pad it would feel wrong to play it on anything else now.

However, I think I may go for both if they're on sale this week. I've played through both games about 15 times combined on 360 and for once I'd like a better resolution and framerate.

morningbus

Stallion Free said:
Having to listen to you guys play last night was torture. I muted myself and cried on my keyboard and hoped that somehow it would make the download go faster :(

I'll definitely be down for some more tonight. This is a game that really shines with a lot of people playing.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
That comparison doesn't work because 60 fps looks better in all scenarios. MKB is not the ideal controller in all scenarios.

The gist of his point was that it is becoming acceptable which is true, no hiding that. Right Nabs/Blizzard? Blur at sub 30 fps.

1-D_FTW said:
Lies. I do not beLIEve. The superior race would never accept such a fate.

With so many console gamers making PC's now days its hard to teach these padawans the core beliefs of our religion.

gotee12

NeoandGeo said:
Is this what everyone's referring to? The Hotfile links don't work but the others do...

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
Sorry about that. All the "TWIMTBP" stuff from you and Sanjay finally just got to me with Blur the other night.

Blizzard

Banned
morningbus said:
I'll definitely be down for some more tonight. This is a game that really shines with a lot of people playing.
I downloaded it last night as well, but had to go to bed. I don't know if I'll have time to play tonight, but if anyone wants to play the rest of this weekend, just let me know.

Sanjay

Blizzard said:
I downloaded it last night as well, but had to go to bed. I don't know if I'll have time to play tonight, but if anyone wants to play the rest of this weekend, just let me know.

We will let you know, we need some one to fight for last place :O

Blizzard

Banned
Sanjay said:
We will let you know, we need some one to fight for last place :O
That's me! Just give me a bullet bill or a lightning bolt.

And the worst part about Blur is that it's fun. I'm like, this is a good Mario Kart clone, the style is nice, WHY IS THE PERFORMANCE SO BAD DAWG

(then I sit through the mandatory tutorial videos and keep playing...at least I think the periodic freeze thing is gone if I close most other programs before playing)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
scorpscarx said:
True but Mass Effect 1/2 are much better with a game pad, why the hell is support not included on PC for ME???
I can't think of one gameplay advantage a controller has over keyboard, in the ME series.

Sanjay

Blizzard said:
That's me! Just give me a bullet bill or a lightning bolt.

And the worst part about Blur is that it's fun. I'm like, this is a good Mario Kart clone, the style is nice, WHY IS THE PERFORMANCE SO BAD DAWG

(then I sit through the mandatory tutorial videos and keep playing...at least I think the periodic freeze thing is gone if I close most other programs before playing)

Me Stallion and Nabs had loads of fun few days ago, nabs could play for like 3/4 games and had to exit and join back up again to get his fps back up as he keeps getting some sort of memory leak which degrades his fps over time.

Fox318 said:
Sims..nobody called it.
I could've called it. EA Store was having a similar deal today, so I thought, "OH SHIT, IT'S PROBABLY GONNA BE THE SIMS"

I didn't want to say anything because maybe that would jinx it. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonder why Sims 3 base is only 40% off, shouldn't EA be trying to make me buy the base game so they can sell me the DLC?

K.Jack said:
I can't think of one gameplay advantage a controller has over keyboard, in the ME series.

Mass Effect 2 especially screams comfy couch, I had more fun with the PS3 demo of it than almost my entire 2 foot from the screen playthrough.

MRORANGE

wienke said:
That price still seems awfully high for the Sims 3...

The sim games actually sell well really for EA, it's one of the most popular games for people who don't categorize themselves as pc gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom