• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broken Ska Record said:
I may get Medal of Honor and Bad Company 2. How is MoH's single player?

I thought it was pretty fun but keep in mind it is extremely short, like 4-6 hours max. It's a more realistic type shooter than COD.

Lumine

Oh god... how was Vietnam? I enjoyed BC2 quite a bit, though didn't end up playing as much of it as I thought I would. Am I correct in thinking that in Vietnam you don't have to play a ridiculous amount of hours just to unlock basic abilities/weapons for each class?

1-D_FTW

Weenerz said:
They changed the home page but it links to nothing AHHHHH!!! I need to spend money!

Search engine.

Lumine said:
Oh god... how was Vietnam? I enjoyed BC2 quite a bit, though didn't end up playing as much of it as I thought I would. Am I correct in thinking that in Vietnam you don't have to play a ridiculous amount of hours just to unlock basic abilities/weapons for each class?

Weapons are all unlocked. Perks aren't. I still haven't upgraded the stronger bullets for use in Vietnam. Perk XP is applied from both modes.

Man, I am so happy that I have ceased buying games at full price on Steam. For $50 I have been able to get Medal of Honor, Total War: Shogun II LE, and Need for Speed:HP.

I picked up Airborne - been waiting ages to finally play it.

It's a shame that BC2: Vietnam is not stand-alone. I do own BC2, but it's the non-Steam version and I refuse to buy it twice. The inability for Steam DLC/expansions to interact with retail versions, and vice versa, is one thing that kind of sucks about Steam.

Lumine said:

Nam is great, worth it for the music alone. And a couple of the maps are flatout awesome as fuck, with some really good choke points that setup huge firefights and mound battles.

Edgeward

So is it okay to just get BC2 only and not vietnam? Or does at this point of the game's life does it not make sense to only have it without the expansion?

Regret not buying NFS:HP earlier this week. Nothing else I have really been interested in. Might grab Vietnam but I have found the Bad Company 2 barrier for entry pretty high.

Edgeward said:
So is it okay to just get BC2 only and not vietnam? Or does at this point of the game's life does it not make sense to only have it without the expansion?

IIRC there are waaay more vanilla players than Vietnam players. Get just vanilla if you have to choose.

apana

Is it safe to say Call of Duty:Modern Warfare is a little more accessible for begginers and has a much better single player than Battlefield Bad Company 2? Though I doubt there will ever be a Modern Warfare sale by Activision like this one, so makes it a tough decision.

Weenerz

Banned
Fuck I need help, currently at 308 games on Steam and I never play them. Someone take my check card from me.

apana said:
Is it safe to say Call of Duty:Modern Warfare is a little more accessible for begginers and has a much better single player than Battlefield Bad Company 2? Though I doubt there will ever be a Modern Warfare sale by Activision like this one, so makes it a tough decision.

COD:MW is a bit more "arcadey" if that makes sense, really fast paced. Where BFBC2 wants you to use your head just a bit more and not run in like a tard. Not to say it's slow, it's just slower than MW. And the maps are bigger. And it looks better. And the leveling progression is better.

kamspy

Airborne is a goddam steal at $2.50

Nice beefy campaign with some RPG elements to the weapons (adding scopes, silencers, etc. etc.) Big open levels. No regenerating health. Good graphics.

This is a no brainer people. If you've ever played an FPS, buy Airborne. It kicks the shit out of Beard of Honor any day of the week.

Hell yes Battlefield day.
Buying 2 in a heartbeat. Going to have to think about Bad Company 2 and Vietnam since I own both for PS3, but I'll more than likely cave.

Tarin02543

Weenerz said:
Fuck I need help, currently at 308 games on Steam and I never play them. Someone take my check card from me.

Thanks to Steam you will have all these games on all future computers you will own. Surely you will have played them all once you move to your retirement home?

LQX

apana said:
COD:MW is way more accessible and the single player is also way better. I have always been a BF fan but found it hard to get into Bad Company. It just feels off to me. That said...its only $7.

apana said:

It definitely has a better single player (best fps campaign ever imo) and I would say it's a little easier to get into than BC2. BC2 is all about teamwork and you're not going to accomplish much if you just want to run around doing your own thing. You can do that in MW, though I have no idea how the multiplayer is doing for that game now. When me and a friend tried it on 360 late last year it was nothing but campers, it's probably safe to assume the same on PC.

Picked up Medal of Honor and the Vietnam expansion to Bad Company 2. Besides the Witcher 2, I think I'm going to stop buying games on Steam for a while in order to save for the July 4th sale :)

Definitely getting Airborne. Waiting on feedback for the single player in the 50% off Medal of Honor. Also, is Battlefield BC 2 worth it for the single player? Between Brink and TF2, I don't feel like getting into another multiplayer game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
vexvegaz said:
is it possible for a game to be so bad that even at $2.50, its considered over priced?

A shitty game is a shitty game regardless of what you pay for it.

That said, Airborne isn't horrible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Nothing for me, tempted on the BF2 sale. But I have enough online shooters and I was pretty impartial to BF2 when it was released anyways. 42 is still the best >_<. I also own BC2, so I'm not really in a rush for more BF.

Anyways, I got Mass Effect out of the sale for 5$. Life is good ^_^

LastWindow said:
Definitely getting Airborne. Waiting on feedback for the single player in the 50% off Medal of Honor.

I made a thread about it but the SP in MoH is actually really damn great! ...like surprisingly so. I just recommend turning off the Bruckheimer butt-rock music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom