• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
LastWindow said:
Definitely getting Airborne. Waiting on feedback for the single player in the 50% off Medal of Honor.

It depends really. Like I said it's a bit more realistic than COD but it's just as short. You do some interesting things if you're into real warfare and stuff, but just note that you're not going to be doing crazy shit like diving off mountains or jumping a 300 foot gap on a snow mobile.

I thought it was fun despite the meh first level and the short length. It's up to you if you want to spend $15 on just that.

Ickman3400 said:
It depends really. Like I said it's a bit more realistic than COD but it's just as short. You do some interesting things if you're into real warfare and stuff, but just note that you're not going to be doing crazy shit like diving off mountains or jumping a 300 foot gap on a snow mobile.

I thought it was fun despite the meh first level and the short length. It's up to you if you want to spend $15 on just that.

AgentOtaku said:
I made a thread about it but the SP in MoH is actually really damn great! ...like surprisingly so. I just recommend turning off the Bruckheimer butt-rock music.

Thanks. I guess I'll think about it more. For a short single player I may wait for a better sale.

Salsa

Airborne get.

Would appreciate a US gaffer to help me with Bad Company 2, i can gift a game of the same price right away from my steam wallet.

Its funny, i already own a GamersGate copy of BC2, but the service can be kinda messy without a way to verify files cache and whatnot. Its currently freezing out of nowhere and i dont wanna download the whole thing again from their site. I think Steam has finally overcome my PC. Need to have everything in the same place.

1-D_FTW

BloodySinner said:
If it wasn't, most of you would have already owned it ages ago.

Just watched the Gametrailers review (where it got an 89) and it seems like a breath of fresh air. I don't know how anyone can call it shitty off that? Experimental? Not to everyone's taste? Sure. But it looks a whole lot better than CoD (which you'd have to pay me to actually play).

Anyone on the fence about getting Medal of Honor, I'd wait for the Summer sale. It will almost surely be cheaper than.

Damn, just thinking about that sale hurts my wallet.

apana

Ickman3400 said:
It definitely has a better single player (best fps campaign ever imo) and I would say it's a little easier to get into than BC2. BC2 is all about teamwork and you're not going to accomplish much if you just want to run around doing your own thing. You can do that in MW, though I have no idea how the multiplayer is doing for that game now. When me and a friend tried it on 360 late last year it was nothing but campers, it's probably safe to assume the same on PC.

I see, what's the cheapest Modern Warfare has ever been on Steam? I presume they have sales around the time they are about to release the lastest title in the series, so around holidays?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kabouter said:
€15 for Medal of Honor, that's just too much if it really is only 4-6 hours long. I'll wait until it drops further.
6 hours would be stretching it. I did it on hard in under 4 hours, and that's with two bugs making me restart levels. It's one of the most uninspired titles I played last year. COD clone to the max.

I'd definitely say get the flawed, but actually does a few good things Airborne and get BC2 for the online component.

cyen

Just bought BF:BC2, i hope there´s a influx of newbies because of this steam sale since i don´t want to get trashed by the vets :D

Gvaz

Banned
vexvegaz said:
is it possible for a game to be so bad that even at $2.50, its considered over priced?
I would not buy MOH even if it was free.

Games might have a price but there's also the investment of time to consider as well.

careksims

shintoki said:
6 hours would be stretching it. I did it on hard in under 4 hours, and that's with two bugs making me restart levels. It's one of the most uninspired titles I played last year. COD clone to the max.

I'd definitely say get the flawed, but actually does a few good things Airborne and get BC2 for the online component.

I was thinking of MoH but this post tells me to wait for a summer sale or something.

Gvaz

Banned
TouchMyBox said:
Nonesense, it's a pretty good B-tier game. Definitely worth $2.50 and a lazy sunday of your time.
I'd rather read a book and have it take longer and get more enjoyment out of it than a B level fps game in a sea of B level fps games.

Salsa

Gvaz said:
I'd rather read a book and have it take longer and get more enjoyment out of it than a B level fps game in a sea of B level fps games.

Why is that you feel the need to complaint about games to the point of arguing ? same with TF2 just a few pages back..

just accept the fact that some people might like it, its not objectively bad for everyone

MNC

FUCK. FUCK.

Does anybody have a copy of dead space (2) still? I'll pay the sale price if you do. I totally missed out on it, I thought it lasted longer...

Aquavelvaman said:
Got BC2 and Dead Space 1 from this sale. Not too much damage done all things considered.
They took a bit more from me :p
  • Mass Effect - €3.49
  • Crysis Complete - €4.99
  • Battlefield 2 + Airborne - €7.50
€15.98 for some great games. Oh, and Plants vs. Zombies this week.

Ashour

vexvegaz said:
is it possible for a game to be so bad that even at $2.50, its considered over priced?
some games are so bad you feel bad downloading them for free :p not talking about MoH though.

Does BC2 have any stupid DRM?

Echoplx

gregor7777 said:
You'll be fine. It's balanced well enough.

Joke post? It's completely imbalanced, all the high level players stack on one team 90% of the time.

Buy Vietnam if you want to level easier, i got nearly all my vanilla unlocks just from playing it.

Salsa

Question: if i still have a player account with my BC2 copy from GamersGate, i can just start with that on my Steam copy and continue from there with all the unlocks i already had, right ?

3chopl0x said:
Joke post? It's completely imbalanced, all the high level players stack on one team 90% of the time.

Buy Vietnam if you want to level easier, i got nearly all my vanilla unlocks just from playing it.

Not at all. Like I said, I've just started playing and I don't feel I'm at an unfair disadvantage. Play support, get a few unlocks and you're off.

Play on a level capped noob server if you want to avoid shenanigans until you've leveled up.

classicdms

Neo Member
SalsaShark said:
Question: if i still have a player account with my BC2 copy from GamersGate, i can just start with that on my Steam copy and continue from there with all the unlocks i already had, right ?
Ya, the stats are tied to your login, not the copy of the game.

Quake1028

May 8, 2011 $2.50
Medal of Honor: Airborne

May 7, 2011 $9.99
Crysis Complete (NA)

May 6, 2011 $9.99
Mass Effect 2

The money is not bad for what I got except Crysis is unplayable for me because of the damn CD key issue.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I need a great alt to BC2 and Battlefield 2 is too classic to pass up. I'm glad I am finally able to play this on a competent PC. Can't wait to play it.

LiquidMetal14

desu said:
Yep, I think they included in one of the last patches for everyone already!
I'm out of funds for this week. I only allocated about 15 for games this week and am completely happy with DS and BF2 complete. I would love Vietnam but I'm short on funds.

Erasus

I already have BF:Bad Company 2 and MoH. Both are so worth it for that price! MoH has a great SP capaing that I enjoyed and I got it for 40 bux on PC when it launched

Is Airborne any good?

LiquidMetal14

Erasus said:
I already have BF:Bad Company 2 and MoH. Both are so worth it for that price! MoH has a great SP capaing that I enjoyed and I got it for 40 bux on PC when it launched

Is Airborne any good?
For 15, yes.

I found Bad Company 2 unlockable system to be infuriatingly stupid. When you start off as a medic or engineer you can't fix or heal anything. Granted it doesn't take much time to unlock either ability but it's fucking stupid that you have to unlock them in the first place. Imagine being a medic in TF2 without a medi-gun or an Engineer without a wrench. It's just dumb. Play Heavy Metal enough and you'll get to see how awesomely balanced the game is with people who have grinded for x amount of hours more than you and thus have sniper rifles and scopes that allow them to see, shoot farther and more frequently than you. Also the chopper whores make it so much fun, reminded me of the glory days of Battlefield 1942 where everyone would just wait on the carrier for planes to spawn and fight over them by shooting each other or damaging the plane they wanted as it took off.

Bad Company 2's multiplayer is still fun but it just makes me hate the meta-reward systems that are so prevalent in shooters all the much more. These games aren't World of Warcraft, you shouldn't have to grind for epic gear in a shooter. The only difference time spent playing the game should make is giving you greater knowledge of the map layouts, class/weapon abilities and limitations as well player tendencies.

Also the pubs I played in were so eerily quiet that I thought I was playing a game on PSN.

Benedict

Euro-zone is getting fucked again by Steam.

Price in the UK:
Battlefield Bad Company 2: £6.80
Medal of Honor: £9.99

Price in Europe/ Sweden:
Bad Company 2 is €13.60 = £12.19
Medal of Honor is €14.99 = £13.43

And we don't even use € in Sweden....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom