• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Dungeon Siege 3 have pad support? I've got a friend who only wants to get the game on PC if it has pad support. The official website lacks a FAQ and the About section doesn't mention anything substantive beyond a few marketing bullet points. There's no mention on the Steam store page and I guess my Google-Fu is weak because I can't find a definite statement one way or the other out in the intrawebz.

Given that DS3 is on consoles I just want to say yes, but you never know.

jaundicejuice said:
Does Dungeon Siege 3 have pad support? I've got a friend who only wants to get the game on PC if it has pad support. The official website lacks a FAQ and the About section doesn't mention anything substantive beyond a few marketing bullet points. There's no mention on the Steam store page and I guess my Google-Fu is weak because I can't find a definite statement one way or the other out in the intrawebz.

Given that DS3 is on consoles I just want to say yes, but you never know.

I'm gonna guess that it won't. It will probably play completely different as well.

NIN90

Ahahaha a "First Access" PC demo? It's not like that wouldn't be instantly available on every Torrent site on the net.

Blizzard

Banned
NIN90 said:
Ahahaha a "First Access" PC demo? It's not like that wouldn't be instantly available on every Torrent site on the net.
It sounds like it's a code given to people who own one game so they can sign up on a website to maybe get a code to try the demo before other people try the demo.

Kind of odd but if I have the first code I guess I'll try for the second. :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LocoMrPollock said:
I'm gonna guess that it won't. It will probably play completely different as well.
Actually in a recent thread someone said that the devs confirmed pad support was in as well as the local co-op using multiple pads IIRC.

Stallion Free said:
Actually in a recent thread someone said that the devs confirmed pad support was in as well as the local co-op using multiple pads IIRC.

Color me surprised. It's nice that they give the option. Would have loved it for DA2 recently.

MRORANGE

I expect sales will be kept to a minimum until the summer sale in June/July

Better start saving, oh and steam wallet is your friend if your one of those guys who leaves it to the last minute to put money in.

Tigel said:
What's the verdict on Hydrophobia? It says that it fixed alot of the problems of the original version. Is it any good?

The update already fixed a lot of issues the game had. Apparently, this version has been reworked, so it stands to reason that it will be much more tolerable than upon first release.

I am not entirely willing to double dip, but I might do so just to see the difference. The trailer already showed a lot of difference though. Also: the player-handholding character -Scoot- has gotten a different voice actor, which should improve things by default.

Joe Molotov

FatBaby said:
capsule_467x181.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/99400/

Anyone here know more about this game? It just came out and it looks pretty fun.

Looks ghetto fabulous. Dem PS2 graphics. :drool

I don't understand why Bioware won't just patch it in. Easy as piss, surely.

I really, really want to play ME3 on PC, but if there's no 360 pad support I'm grabbing it on console.

I played ME1 only using sniper rifles and really didn't like the few times I tried to use a 360 pad that way. All of the conversation wheel parts are nicer with a pad though.

Omikron

Foliorum Viridum said:
I don't understand why Bioware won't just patch it in. Easy as piss, surely.

I really, really want to play ME3 on PC, but if there's no 360 pad support I'm grabbing it on console.

Pity ME games aren't particularly fun to start with.

Rufus

Aquavelvaman said:
All of the conversation wheel parts are nicer with a pad though.
Which they were designed for, small wonder. Pity they couldn't be bothered to let you actually use your mouse for what it's intended to do - click on things. Same goes for the menus. I'd hoped for better in ME2, but alas...

GBX_AdamF said:
There isn't a DNF Beta. It is a DNF Demo. This will be released shortly to First Access members. You can register First Access Club codes here (www.dukenukemforever.com/access/) if you have a First Access key from when we sent them out to prior Borderlands customers, or to Borderlands GOTY customer.

We will be sending keys to those that register here. You can choose platform of preference from the form once you log in the First Access page.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm all signed up, pre-ordered and good to go. Now gimme, gimme.

e_i

Woohoo. DNF is preordered! Now I wait for Alice 2: Madness Returns...since it's coming out on the same day.

Oooohhh...the demo for DNF is coming soon. If I got the 360 version of Borderlands GOTY, does this mean I have to get the 360 demo? Or can I get the PC version?

Psi said:
I'm glad I don't know what that feels like :p
Stallion's given me a few in the High Res thread!

I really did forget how bad it is, though. ME2 might have been a backwards step in a lot of ways, but man, that inventory system...

Dice said:
Those are some big hats.
:lol Seriously, though, maybe balancing or other gameplay tweaks. Although I definitely think the ever-evolving nature of the item crafting/marketplace in TF2 has a big part on those frequent updates.

marrec

Banned
SteelAttack said:
Yeah, ME's inventory is like a kick in the nuts while hungover. Insufferable and aggravating.

Right, but then they mess it up even more in ME2 by not giving you an inventory at all. Thanks guys, this doesn't help either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MNC said:
I own Borderlands GOTY, where do I find my code?

Did you buy it on Steam? There's a window that comes up every single time you start the game with a couple of DLC keys as well as the DNF First Access key. If you've disabled that, you can just right-click on the game in the main Steam window and select 'View game CD key'. In the default game view type, it's also there to the right, under the 'Links' section.

Joe Molotov

Stallion Free said:
I don't think it's really fair that you took a screen from a video.

???

That's one of the pictures from the store page, which are I assume chosen for marketing purposes to portray the game in the best possible light. It's one of the first ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom