• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

apana

I bought Bad Company 2 but am gonna play it later this week. I intend to start with the campaign even though it may not be that great, it looks great to me from the you tube videos I've seen.

apana said:
I bought Bad Company 2 but am gonna play it later this week. I intend to start with the campaign even though it may not be that great, it looks great to me from the you tube videos I've seen.

It's the same deal with all these recent military shooters, the SP is forgettable, but worth playing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I didn't like the BC2 campaign. I kept feeling like those characters deserved to be in a better game.

Maybe that was Bad Company, but I'll never know because it's not on PC.

the multiplayer is fantastic, though.

Daigoro

wow. out of 85 friends i dont think one of them bought Men of War AS. one of them already owned it previously.

obviously time for new friends.

1-D_FTW

The game clearly had some mouse acceleration going on, so I did a google search:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?11423-Best-sollution-Mouse-lag

Used that as a template to get started. I'm not sure setting the first one to false doesn't solve everything, but I went through and tried to give everything equal settings in the event it didn't. Also set all the aim assists to 0. Not sure if that's for mouse/controller, but I figured it didn't need to be there. Only played half a level with it, but it seems much more responsive IMO. If anyone has better settings, I'd love to see them.

Wish Dead Space didn't encrypt the config file someplace, because I'd love to take a hammer to those settings too.

Copy and paste the ending section:

bUseViewAcceleration=false
fDefaultYawSpeed=150.000000
fDefaultPitchSpeed=150.000000
fMiddleYawAxis=0.8f
fQuickYawAxis=0.8f
fQuickPitchAxis=0.8f
fSlowYaw_Speed=150.0f
fMiddleYaw_Speed=150.0f
fQuickYaw_Speed=150.0f
fSlowYaw_Speed_Aiming=40.0f
fMiddleYaw_Speed_Aiming=40.0f
fQuickYaw_Speed_Aiming=40.0f
fSlowPitch_Speed=150.0f
fQuickPitch_Speed=150.0f
fSlowPitch_Speed_Aiming=40.0f
fQuickPitch_Speed_Aiming=40.0f
fMiddleYaw_Acceleration=0.0f
fQuickYaw_Acceleration=0.0f
fMiddleYaw_Acceleration_Aiming=0.0f
fQuickYaw_Acceleration_Aiming=0.0f
fQuickPitch_Acceleration=0.0f
fQuickPitch_Acceleration_Aiming=0.0f
fMaxLeanCollisionYawSpeed=40.0f;
fMinTimeForFullYawDeflection=0.15f;
fMinUserProfileSpeedMult=0.5f
fMaxUserProfileSpeedMult=2.0f
fUserProfileSpeedMult=1.0f
fMinUserProfileAccelMult=0.5f
fMaxUserProfileAccelMult=2.0f
fUserProfileAccelMult=1.0f
fMMGYaw_Speed=40.0f
fMMGPitch_Speed=40.0f
fAimAssist_YawFriction=0.0f
fAimAssist_YawFriction_Aiming=0.0f
fAimAssist_YawFriction_Min=0.0f
fAimAssist_YawFriction_Min_Aiming=0.0f
fAimAssist_Pitch_Friction=0.0f
fAimAssist_Pitch_Friction_Aiming=0.0f
fAimAssist_YawRate=0.0f
fAimAssist_YawRate_Aiming=0.0f
fAimAssist_MinDistance=0.0f
fAimAssist_MaxDistance=0.0f
fAimAssist_MinDistance_Aiming=0.0f
fAimAssist_MaxDistance_Aiming=0.0f
fAimAssist_MaxLateralDist=0.0f
fAimAssist_MaxUpwardDist=0.0f;
fAimAssist_StickyAimCurveSharpness=0.0f
fAimAssist_MaxFrictionDist=0.0f
fAimAssist_StickyBlendOutTime=0.0f
fMarsalaLookStickCornerMult=1.2f

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Daigoro said:
wow. out of 85 friends i dont think one of them bought Men of War AS. one of them already owned it previously.

obviously time for new friends.
It would help if it didn't have the one of the world's most generic titles.

Veal

Wow MoH: Airborne is really good! I didn't have a 360 or PC when this came so I ended up playing the HORRIBLE MoH: Vanguard for Wii. Nearly made me quit playing first person shooters all together!

Looks like You Don't Know Jack is 50% off. Is that new?

EDIT - Also, Hydrophobia just released. I know this game has and will continue to suffer from "I heard it's crap" syndrome, but for what it's worth, I just played through the 360 version this past weekend and really enjoyed it other than the lack of an ending which the Steam version apparently rectifies. I'm not saying you have to buy it now but I know I'll be picking it up when it hits $5 on sale or something.

Lol YDKJ on sale. I would double dip but the PC version is just horrible. It loses all of the awesome multiplayer functionality the console versions have. No point in playing if you can have 3 friends playing with you,

Volcynika

YDKJ has no online and only limited to two players locally, which is why I opted to get the PS3 version. It pretty much has no worth to me for the PC version.

Downloaded airborne last night, went to play today had to do its install. It has now been stuck on installing punkbuster for 20 minutes, so glad i get to play before I go to work.........

TheExodu5

Banned
bucknuticus said:
Downloaded airborne last night, went to play today had to do its install. It has now been stuck on installing punkbuster for 20 minutes, so glad i get to play before I go to work.........

The Punkbuster window is up. Minimize windows until you see it (don't use the "Show Desktop" button).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
oh! I totally forgot there was a service on PC I hated more than GFWL.

Punkbuster!

It's never not a pain in the ass.

Also, I think I'm going to get Hydrophobia. My question is, is there enough shooting in it that I should play with a mouse, or is it more platformy, in which case I'll need to use a pad?

EDIT: Also, is SpaceChem that indie puzzle game that was supposed to be so good? It's half off right now, so if it is, I'll buy it.

Gandie

TheExodu5 said:
The Punkbuster window is up. Minimize windows until you see it (don't use the "Show Desktop" button).

Had to do the same thing with the BF2 install too. That's just really bad design.

Htown said:
Also, I think I'm going to get Hydrophobia. My question is, is there enough shooting in it that I should play with a mouse, or is it more platformy, in which case I'll need to use a pad?

Theres a good amount of both. I would suggest the pad unless you just aren't good at shooting with it, in which case use the mouse and deal with the platforming segments with the KB.

Nabs

Htown said:
oh! I totally forgot there was a service on PC I hated more than GFWL.

Punkbuster!

It's never not a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Also, is SpaceChem that indie puzzle game that was supposed to be so good? It's half off right now, so if it is, I'll buy it.

Spacechem is great but try the demo first.

Salsa

Duke Nukem Forever pre-order is up at 45 bucks

no YDKJ in my region :( oh well, no online multiplayer kills it either way

SalsaShark said:
Duke Nukem Forever pre-order is up at 45 bucks

no YDKJ in my region :( oh well, no online multiplayer kills it either way

There is online multiplayer.

# Multiplayer Like No Other: Classic modes are re-made with a Duke twist. Shrink, squash, freeze and shatter your opponents, or just frag them with a rocket.

jaundicejuice said:
Where Salsa lives tends to make online gaming difficult if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: And I am pre-ordering the shit out of Duke Nukem Forever.

I am really tempted to do the same. I was close to preordering Dirt 3, IL-Sturmovik: Wings of Dover, Dues Ex, and Rage but I think the only one that I will preorder is Duke.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Pretty sure Salsa is talking about no online multiplayer for You Don't know Jack.

Ahh yes, my bad. Thanks for correcting me Crim.

Salsa

LovingSteam said:
There is online multiplayer.

# Multiplayer Like No Other: Classic modes are re-made with a Duke twist. Shrink, squash, freeze and shatter your opponents, or just frag them with a rocket.

i was talking about You Dont Know Jack

pre-ordering the shit out of duke as well

apana

When do you guys expect the next big sale will be? This one by EA was really good. Hope each company does one of these. Bethesda and Ubisoft next hopefully.

Wait, does DNF have Steamworks? I currently have the 360 version reserved at GameStop, so I may move that to PC instead.

Edit: I could see there being another Publisher week either later this month or early next. I believe 2K and SE had one a few months ago.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Yes, DNF is a Steamworks title.
Edit the Second: Excellent.

LovingSteam said:
I am really tempted to do the same. I was close to preordering Dirt 3, IL-Sturmovik: Wings of Dover, Dues Ex, and Rage but I think the only one that I will preorder is Duke.

I think I may have to buy the physical media version of Human Revolution. I want that art book.

Salsa

So glad that pretty much every upcoming major title is steamworks. The future is nowwwww

Pre-ordering Duke and Deus Ex for sure, getting FEAR3 as a gift from a friend, and debating if i should get the new Red Faction.

All steamworks. sogood.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This is surreal.

dnffffffffympg.jpg

I still won't believe it until I'm actually playing the game though.

The Broken Ska Record said:
Wait, does DNF have Steamworks? I currently have the 360 version reserved at GameStop, so I may move that to PC instead.

Edit: I could see there being another Publisher week either later this month or early next. I believe 2K and SE had one a few months ago.

Edit the Second: Excellent.

There will probably be two more publisher weeks. Last year, there was a new publisher week every two weeks until the summer sale.

Come on Codemasters sale. I want that racing bundle.

Edit:
An Ubisoft sale would be pretty righteous too, I'd like to snag copies of Assassin Creed II and Brotherhood. Maybe Beyond Good & Evil, it would be nice of them to add XIII to Steam as well but I guess I could snag that off of GoG.

After playing Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on my 360 a combined 15 times now, I absolutely cannot get used to it with the keyboard and mouse. It's far too fliddly and just feels... wrong.

Is there any way to force 360 pad support? It looks so good and runs so well, but I'm not enjoying it like I should be.

bigace33

Foliorum Viridum said:
After playing Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on my 360 a combined 15 times now, I absolutely cannot get used to it with the keyboard and mouse. It's far too fliddly and just feels... wrong.

Is there any way to force 360 pad support? It looks so good and runs so well, but I'm not enjoying it like I should be.
I second this. I can't even play on Insanity with the mouse and keyboard controls. I really need 360 pad support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom