• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Joe Molotov said:
???

That's one of the pictures from the store page, which are I assume chosen for marketing purposes to portray the game in the best possible light. It's one of the first ones too.
Damn, did the devs take screens of a video then? The quality is quite shit.

Relax.MX

Well like i said before my graphic card die...and gonna use G33/G31 Intel maybe for a month :( someone had extra copy of Plants vs Zombies or Metal of Honor Airborne..i pay with paypal...

Anyone know if fear 1 has securom? I was checking the unofficial 3rd party drm list and it says:

Securom

"F.E.A.R. 1 Complete; Only multiplayer is active. To avoid this, download the updated multiplayer here."

apana

Syphon Filter said:
Anyone know if fear 1 has securom? I was checking the unofficial 3rd party drm list and it says:

Securom

"F.E.A.R. 1 Complete; Only multiplayer is active. To avoid this, download the updated multiplayer here."

It should say on the steam page, either on the side or in the online details/system requirements section.

Relax.MX

Relax.MX said:
Well like i said before my graphic card die...and gonna use G33/G31 Intel maybe for a month :( someone had extra copy of Plants vs Zombies or Metal of Honor Airborne..i pay with paypal...

I can't even play League of Legend :( ...sad month....PSN down, my graphic card die, wii...is alive?...and 360 meh

:(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MNC said:
I don't have that option when right clicking. Does the game have to be installed?

Edit: Installed it is then.

If you switch to Steam's default view mode for the library, you'll see 'CD Key' to the right, under the 'Links' section.

Hey guys, hate to ask twice, I'm getting desperate over here :)

If someone from the US could gift me Brink, I can pay through paypal instantly and also gift them anything from this list:

Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode One
Half Life 2: Episode Two

Feel free to pick as many as you want :)

Angst

I bought Thief 3 a week ago. Worst purchase ever... can't progress beyond the first level or load up a saved game. Game doesn't crash, but simply stops and I have to close it from task manager.

Anyone have any tips on getting thief 3 to run well on Win 7?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Angst said:
I bought Thief 3 a week ago. Worst purchase ever... can't progress beyond the first level or load up a saved game. Game doesn't crash, but simply stops and I have to close it from task manager.

Anyone have any tips on getting thief 3 to run well on Win 7?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96795?

He says it worked, but then it didn't, so what's mentioned there seems like it's worth a shot, at least.

Dice said:
Why does TF2 have a 90-130MB download every 3 days?
fecking hats, TF2 most likely has more memory taken up by hats now then the game itself.

I have it uninstalled right now but last time I played it was 9.x gig, guessing its's 11 or 12 gig now?

coopolon

I just bought a gift for someone. Steam actually does a pretty cool thing where when youa re scrolling through your friends list looking for who to send it to, it tells you who has the game you are gifting on their wish list. They really do a very good job of making it as EASY as possible to buy games, whether for yourself or others.

coopolon said:
I just bought a gift for someone. Steam actually does a pretty cool thing where when youa re scrolling through your friends list looking for who to send it to, it tells you who has the game you are gifting on their wish list. They really do a very good job of making it as EASY as possible to buy games, whether for yourself or others.
Yeah I like the features steam has, they both keep people in contact and allow you to leave comments on store pages for your other friends to see, you can see what they play and what their wish list is... but at the same time Steam must be making extra sales because of it, very smart.

It's something PSN and xbox live could do with too, but since you can't gift items on xbox live microsoft are losing out.

Mr_eX

Has anyone tried Hydrophobia yet? I know the 360 version got mixed reviews but they're saying they fixed most of the issues and I think it looks pretty good.

apana

Has anyone bought Assassin's Creed 2 off steam recently? Does it still have the evil Ubisoft DRM that requires you to be connected to the internet while playing this game?

NewFresh

davonaytor said:
Hey guys, hate to ask twice, I'm getting desperate over here :)

If someone from the US could gift me Brink, I can pay through paypal instantly and also gift them anything from this list:

Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode One
Half Life 2: Episode Two

Feel free to pick as many as you want :)

PM'd

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
The Broken Ska Record said:
But you have to be connected to Steam to play it. >_>

Offline mode?

Though apparently some people occasionally have issues with that. I never have though. *knock on wood*

I believe AC 2 still needs you to log in at the start[online] everytime you play. It's weird because AC:brotherhood doesn't have any kind of 3rd party drm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom