• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at Tropico Reloaded and I actually own a boxed copy of Tropico 2-Pirate Cove.

I never even knew its real name, I just remember the box from years ago.

I loved that game, so I might pick up reloaded and Tropico 3 gold for 6.50 and have a grand old time.

I remember it having brothels and not knowing what those were at the time.

Carm

Syphon Filter said:
Question on Mass Effect 1. I was checking the unofficial 3rd party drm list. It says "Mass Effect; Found on the DLC installers only, SecuROM removable post-installation. 3 machine limit." There is no dlc for ME on Steam so do they mean if i get the dlc from wherever they sell them? Or is the dlc store in game?

If you mean the Bring Down The Sky dlc, I don't remeber it having any drm for the steam version, it's been awhile since I installed it though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
coopolon said:
Odd that they are not advertising this Kalypso deal.
I just got a Steam news update advertising it, so they are.

Anyway, might finally pick up the Tropico games, I keep meaning to buy them then for some reason I fail to do so :(

coopolon

DanDeschain said:
Is Magicka Steamworks?

Yes...

But I'm not sure if you can add the versions you buy from Amazon or D2D to Steam. The Steam list only says retail copies.

I would ask around to see if the D2D titles were registrable on Steam.

Angst said:
I bought Thief 3 a week ago. Worst purchase ever... can't progress beyond the first level or load up a saved game. Game doesn't crash, but simply stops and I have to close it from task manager.

Anyone have any tips on getting thief 3 to run well on Win 7?

I played Thief 3 for a few hours without any issue. I'm on a 64bit Windows 7 machine.

coopolon said:
Yes...

But I'm not sure if you can add the versions you buy from Amazon or D2D to Steam. The Steam list only says retail copies.

I would ask around to see if the D2D titles were registrable on Steam.
Amazon version works too

nyong

Banned
Funny enough, I was just thinking the other day how much I regretted not picking up Tropico 3 while it was on sale. Gold Edition is $5...vanilla and expansion included.

Comandos Collection-$3.74
Tropico Reloaded-$1.74
Patricians and Merchants-$2.49

total-$7.97

9(10?) games for $8 is ridiculous.

edit- How long do games stay in the cart on steam?

Sarcasm said:
Which Tropica to get? I can't really see the demo.. since at work for another 8 hours.

Just get all of them $6.73 for the complete collection. It's the only answer.

Anyone know anything about Time of Shadows?

cicero

The Big Rig said:
You Don't Know Jack is half off. I'm buying it for nostalgia's sake.

Never forget... :`(

FmLNg.png

zDdmT.png

Mairu

cicero said:
Never forget... :`(

imgs
what the fuck :|

I had YDKJ on my wish list on Steam for awhile and noticed it went on sale... then noticed the two player local only and took it off my wish list.

When a game says that i need internet for activation they mean i need to do the activating through them in addition to valve? Like Mass effect 1 from EA and bioshock 1 from 2k?

Gandie

So, how do I access the menu MOH: Airborne showed me when I first booted it up? I need to disable the bloom before I get sick.

Corto

LeadGandalf said:
So, how do I access the menu MOH: Airborne showed me when I first booted it up? I need to disable the bloom before I get sick.

Steam>steamapps>common>medal of honor airborne>Unreal Engine 3> Binaries> moha_setup

;)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hearts of Iron is on sale apparently?

Nice!

I've put 83 hours into Darkest Hour already!

edit: Darkest Hour isn't on sale though :p

edit edit: Hearts of Iron 2 from my experience is a superior game to Hearts of Iron 3 however. Judging by the Paradox forums, I'm far from being the only one to feel that way too.

coopolon

Syphon Filter said:
Guys i need help with the EA titles like Mass Effect. Do they give me a code i need to activate with EA? How does that work?

What do you mean? I don't think you get codes from from Steam games that you can use on EADM.

vocab

Syphon Filter said:
Guys i need help with the EA titles like Mass Effect. Do they give me a code i need to activate with EA? How does that work?

derp. If you have it on steam, you don't need to activate anything.

Woah, why are these early Tropico games 1+ gig each!?

These are games from 2001 and 2003!

Tropico 3 is 3 gigs
Tropico 3 Expansion is 3 gigs

But...
Tropico 2 is almost 2 gigs!
Tropico 1 is 1.3 gigs!

How did my 2003 era Windows XP find the room for Tropico 2...

Your thinking too hard, you don't have to activate anything, and if you want to enter numbers in and try to activate stuff, you press Games and select that at the top.

If there is some key that you need to enter in-game, steam tells you when and what to do with that also.

e_i

I just got an email from Gearbox asking me to affirm by platform for the DNF demo by Sunday. I guess the demo is coming next week to Steam because I'm getting the PC version (It also says that people living in a territory that are restricted from getting the demo on a console will get it through Steam).

Aselith

ArjanN said:
Well, yes, but whether or not that is good PR is another matter.
Of course it is. It's a joke and the game is meant to be humorous.

Maybe they made it cheaper because there are fewer people with a sense of humor supporting the platform.

Salsa

e_i said:
I just got an email from Gearbox asking me to affirm by platform for the DNF demo by Sunday. I guess the demo is coming next week to Steam because I'm getting the PC version (It also says that people living in a territory that are restricted from getting the demo on a console will get it through Steam).

same here

edit: It seems that this is what i already did a couple days ago. Since the key isnt valid anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom