• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
vocab said:
Pretty much. I held off buying Railworks because I knew I wouldn't play it. I'm saving my money for Farming Simulator 2011 when it goes on sale.
Seems too sterile. Needs more down-home warmth and character.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Drkirby said:
You will not play it. You will simply own it, maybe install it, and in 3 months it will go on sale again for less.
This is the title of the 2011 Summer Sale thread.

Let's make it happen.

Drkirby said:
Its a Paradox game, Gaf doesn't care about Paradox for some reason.

I don't think you understand. I get home from work and read the news.

- The Canadian Government is probably going to save the internet
- Mount and Blade is getting another expansion

BEST FUCKING DAY EVER.

Joe Molotov said:
They don't hold your hand as you jump from one FMV cutscene to the next.

But I rub one out to the thought of Madison's tits while playing Mount and Blade: Warband, surely there's enough room for both?

vocab

I like Warband, but I'm not really that excited for an expansion that doesn't add much. It's like Kings Bounty Crossworlds.

Zzoram

EA is playing dirty again with Steam. Just days after The Sims 3 Ultimate bundle is out, they release an outdoor stuff pack for $19.99 that isn't part of the ultimate bundle. Some ultimate bundle.

graywolf323

Zzoram said:
EA is playing dirty again with Steam. Just days after The Sims 3 Ultimate bundle is out, they release an outdoor stuff pack for $19.99 that isn't part of the ultimate bundle. Some ultimate bundle.

it's an Ultimate Bundle not a Complete Bundle

I don't think this is EA playing dirty at all, if anything it's a good sign that Steam got the next stuff pack at the same time everyone else did

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
platypotamus said:
You must not be on my friends list. I just had a relapse and played it like 50 hours
Yeah M&B is one of those games i always come back to ever now and then. Really looking forward to the new expansion. The siege changes should be great, since that's always being a shortcoming of the campaign.

Drkirby said:
Its a Paradox game, Gaf doesn't care about Paradox for some reason.

I bought the Paradox Pack in the steam sale, and once you get over the 'B-Movie' graphics, the games are pretty fun (some a HUGELY in depth too). Glad I bought the pack.

Joe Molotov

I thought they were designed so that the instant you managed to crawl out of the massive debt generated by the last sale, then it was time for another one. :p

John

steam sales are spaced so that you can skip a month's rent, get evicted, get a friend to help you move to the next town, find a new apartment, get a new friend, and repeat. i'm glad valve's watching out for us.

2San

Ok, so I am supposed pay off all my debts and w8 for the summer sales. Those steam folk are good people I'd say.

Shaneus

crimsonheadGCN said:
The store page for Test Drive Unlimited 2 was updated today and it's now showing Steam Achievements.
ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit

My brother bought that for me for Christmas :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
TouchMyBox said:
None of you slackers made a thread about this?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/67354

Fucking awesome! I've been playing a lot of Warband recently, and it's a blast. What excites me about With Fire and Sword even more than the addition of guns, is that it's set in historical Europe this time instead of some made up Europe-clone. It also looks like they are putting more of an emphasis on story this time, which I certainly appreciate.

amrod

crimsonheadGCN said:
The store page for Test Drive Unlimited 2 was updated today and it's now showing Steam Achievements.

anyone buying it... wonder if it will be a great racer or more of a "sims" type of game

amrod said:
from what I have seen it TDU 2 focus's more on "getting clothes / houses and other social stuff" then actual racing

No, it's a racing game with an insane amount of single player and multiplayer content. Very meaty.

The houses and clothes and the like are very small aspects of it and purely optional.

Forkball

The new Mount and Blade expansion pack seems interesting. I have Warband but have only played multiplayer. It's pretty fun, but I could never get the hang of battle. I always seem to attack way to slowly. Like I will have my weapon drawn and ready to strike, the other guy is just standing there, but by the time my swing finishes he's already murdered me. Also too many people play the dumb CPRG mod, it's taken over!

amrod

Now Available - Myst: Masterpiece Edition

To celebrate this release, Myst: Masterpiece Edition and the Cyan Complete Pack are 25% off until February 9th at 10am PST!

Myst: Masterpiece Edition
WAS $5.99 -25%
NOW $4.49 USD
http://store.steampowered.com/app/63660/

Cyan Complete Pack
Includes 7 items: realMYST, Riven: The Sequel to MYST, Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds Beyond the Mackerel, Manhole Masterpiece, Spelunx and the Caves of Mr. Seudo, URU: Complete Chronicles, Myst: Masterpiece Edition

WAS $19.99 -25%
NOW $14.99 USD
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4870/

I had purchased the Cyan complete pack during the holiday sale. It looks like I can install Myst Masterpiece edition now without paying for it. That is awesome of Cyan and/or Valve.

Forkball said:
The new Mount and Blade expansion pack seems interesting. I have Warband but have only played multiplayer. It's pretty fun, but I could never get the hang of battle. I always seem to attack way to slowly. Like I will have my weapon drawn and ready to strike, the other guy is just standing there, but by the time my swing finishes he's already murdered me. Also too many people play the dumb CPRG mod, it's taken over!

Same thing with me, I was absolutely terrible at multi. I'd go 4-20 every team deathmatch game. That plus horrible timing while attacking on horseback sealed my fate.

Plan on giving another try sooner or later though.

amrod

Eaten By A Grue said:
I had purchased the Cyan complete pack during the holiday sale. It looks like I can install Myst Masterpiece edition now without paying for it. That is awesome of Cyan and/or Valve.

How much was Cyan Complete during holiday sale?

amrod said:
How much was Cyan Complete during holiday sale?

According to my receipt, $9.99 USD

Eh, for $5 more now it is still worth. Myst and Riven are two of my favorite PC adventure games. I actually own 4 copies of Myst (original PC CD-ROM, 10th Aniversary DVD, iPhone, and Steam). Never really got into Uru though.

amrod

Eaten By A Grue said:

Eh, for $5 more now it is still worth. Myst and Riven are two of my favorite PC adventure games. I actually own 4 copies of Myst (original PC CD-ROM, 10th Aniversary DVD, iPhone, and Steam). Never really got into Uru though.

Alright bought :)

Blizzard

Banned
Eaten By A Grue said:

I actually hunted down real disk versions off Amazon or somesuch a while back for the first 4-5 Myst/Riven games, but I went ahead with the $15 pack just because I like the idea of that style of game so much. Thanks for the tip that it was available. It looks like it might have a few games I didn't already own, too. :)

Plus, this saves me the trouble of ripping other disks. For the original Myst, I had to rip the DVD and play it with daemontools or some equivalent utility, since otherwise my soothing mysterious puzzle game would have a constant background DISK GRIND GRIND GRIND DISK GRIND GRIND noise. XD

poweld

Nabs, I don't trust you any further than I can throw you. I will blah blah blah Steam sale yadda yadda killing the industry, etc.

D

Hmmm I think I'll pick that Myst pack up during the summer sale. Never did play much of Riven, and I'd like to be able to say I beat Myst without walkthroughs, which I relied on heavily back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom